KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Morpheous is a whimp

Morpheous is a whimp
Started by: nopy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nopy

Worried Morpheous is a whimp

Morpheous has never won a fight. He gets beaten up by neo in their first fight. He only beat the twins AFTER he had to run away from them, even then he had to use 3 weapons. He always get slaped about by agents, he has no political clout in Zion. Everyone in Zion thinks he is a nut case for believing in the Oracle/prophecy. If it wasnt for Neo's chat with Hummun Morpheous would have been thrown in jail.

My point is Morpheous is a whimp !

He is still cool though !!!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 06:54 PM
nopy is currently offline Click here to Send nopy a Private Message Find more posts by nopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mirthrandir63
Computer Freak

So you're saying that's he's a cool wimp? That makes a lot of sense...

Then again you have to realize that he is fighting EXTRAORDINARILY STRONG ENEMIES. As for the no political clout in Zion, that may be true be he is a great leader because he can inspire people more than any of the politicians in Zion. He's a real badass free spirit fighting for the freedom of Zion from the Machines, not some pathetic wimp!

"Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy."
~~ Groucho Marks

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 07:24 PM
mirthrandir63 is currently offline Click here to Send mirthrandir63 a Private Message Find more posts by mirthrandir63 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, NO-ONE can beat an Agent, remember, except for Neo, so by that calibration he does DAMN well against them!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 07:28 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

plus i would think he has a lot of political power. examples: he asked for the meeting among the captains, it happened, he asked for a captain to stay behind and waite to hear from the oricle, roy jone jr did so, plus he was the one that they wanted to give the speach at the temple. Plus he has been doing dang good against agents since agent Smith. remember agent Smith wooped him, but with the new "upgraded" agents, he defeated the one on the deisel. now defeated is used loosely because the agent wasnt destroyed but he was bested at that point.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 08:23 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nopy

I disagree, Trinity got away from the agents in MATRIX 1 and she put up a damn good fight in reloaded before the building fall.

Morpheous didnt win the fight on the Truck..... He had to be saved by neo. I rate Morphoes though, he has the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: balls to stand up to everyone in Zion.

I think of him as Obi-wan-kenobi.

It wasnt Morpeous that called the meeting it was Niobi because she needed to breif them on the transmission of the osiris. They got Morpheous to give the speach because they knew he was the only person who could out a positive spin on the fact that the sentinels were digging.

I still think he is cool though, his moves are excellent.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 09:26 PM
nopy is currently offline Click here to Send nopy a Private Message Find more posts by nopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkMage31
Post Master

In a way, I agree with all of you. At first he seemed like a so-so fighter to me as well, but after reading some thoughtful responses, I'm slightly torn. Interesting opinions!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 10:00 PM
DarkMage31 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkMage31 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkMage31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mirthrandir63
Computer Freak

Morpheus has little political power because he can't influence the members of the council very much. He has enourmous popular support because he empathizes and understands the people of Zion.

Now that you mention it, Morpheus does remind me a lot of Obi-wan: a strong fighter whose job it is to show the path for the One (Skywalker being the One-ish person in star wars)

The more I think about this the less I understand anybody thinking that Morpheus is a wimp

"Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy."
~~ Groucho Marks

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 10:03 PM
mirthrandir63 is currently offline Click here to Send mirthrandir63 a Private Message Find more posts by mirthrandir63 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

well i think he did defeat the agent as best any one can when he was on the diesel. and he didn't need neo's help until the agent morphed into the driver. So i hope you get what i mean. skill wise (and luck) he defeated the agent ontop of the truck. It was only the agents ability to jump from person to person that saved him. and that is kind of what i meant by "loosely defeated" he won the battle, but if not for Neo he would have lost the war. In some other thread i said that an agent cant be destroyed but he can be bested which is what Morpheus did on the truck.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 10:42 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

sorry for another post but politically morpheus carries enough weight with him that the counsel aided him, remember that they were the ones that sent the two ships out for him. You say that Niobe called the meeting, i could be mistaken but i thought that they were all supposed to hurry back to zion where the info would be reviewed but Morpheus called them all together, i easily could be wrong though, any one else know?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 10:46 PM
DarkMage31
Post Master

I agree! Good thoughts everyone!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 10:48 PM
DarkMage31 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkMage31 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkMage31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, the Council seemed to value his advice even more than their own appointed commander.

And Morpheus happily took on both Twins whilst Trinity lost to one in moments.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 10:51 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkMage31
Post Master

So are you saying Morpheus is a better combatant than Trinity? She held her own against that Agent @ the end of Reloaded (or I guess you can say beginning as well)

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 10:54 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, she is very good, but Morpheus is obviously King Martial Arts guy save Neo. Heck, he ATTACKS agents! Trinity was just trying to get away as soon as possible.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 10:56 PM
DaniloV
Senseless Bastard

At least he's not the token black guy who gets killed in these kinds of movies big grin

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 12:32 AM
DaniloV is currently offline Click here to Send DaniloV a Private Message Find more posts by DaniloV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mac11586
Fallen Jedi

Yes Morpeus is the best martial artist save Neo. Everyone that has fought an agent has died except Him. Trinity died, Neo one than died, He has survived two attacks. Fought the twins and killed them which is a feet unto itself.

He has way more political power than you all are giving him. Rember he was supposed to be put in jail but wasn't. He was allowed to speek to all of Zion. He was allowed to leave early to follow his beliefs. Then they sent two more ships to help him.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 01:25 AM
mac11586 is currently offline Click here to Send mac11586 a Private Message Find more posts by mac11586 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak

And Morpheus happily took on both Twins whilst Trinity lost to one in moments.

yeah but morpheus didnt want to drive down the freeway in the wrong direction on a hijacked bike with a small chinese man sitting on his back.
trinity puts up a damn good fight.
nah soz im just on the defensive wink

~*a woman who strives to be equal with men lacks ambition*~
-_-|Co- owner of the Baileys Vat. Co-Founder of the Baileys Club|-_-
-_-|Bar-girl at the tavern|-_-
-_-|wears gold metal bikini, will give bikini huggles if you poke nicely|-_-
-_-|try covering me with chocolate|-_-
happy rules:
-->there is no giant foot trying to squash me.
-->there is no such thing as aliens.
-->even though i may ignite, i probably wont.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 08:41 AM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nopy

The reason they listen to Morpheos is because of Neo. They have seen the things he can do and as Neo is a crew member aboard the nebarchanezzur they need Morpheous.

It was neo's talk with hummun that swayed hummun to support them. Hummun dosnt support Morpheous he supports Neo.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 12:49 PM
turin

well, that is partially true, but some people dont beleive in the prophecy. Plus i dont think that the conversation between neo and hummun was so enlighting that hummun all of a sudden beleives in neo. the conversation was put into the story more to aid neos understanding of things then it was to convert hummun.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 02:21 PM