KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » What is Neo meant to do?

What is Neo meant to do?
Started by: patman69za

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
patman69za

Angry What is Neo meant to do?

In the first film Morpheus talks about the one being able to change things at will, later to which the One died died. Now Neo is the one but he has yet to change things as he so pleased. The only thing he has done was to stop bullets and move faster (and fly) than any other program in the matrix. What was Neo really meant to do? Another thing is how he EMP'ed those squidies in the end, however he was knocked out too, is Neo a program too?

Please give me your views, maybe it'll help me clear mine

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 02:26 AM
patman69za is currently offline Click here to Send patman69za a Private Message Find more posts by patman69za Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mac11586
Fallen Jedi

what they meant by he can change it as he sees fit means he can change the rules to work for him. This is proable why he dosen't lose a fight the whole movie.

Now to the human part. If you rember the conversation with the arch. he says that the process has altered neo but he is still human. The agents also say this at the begining of the movie along with the Merovingian. Thats three times in one movie. I have to believe the W. brothers had it that way for a reason

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 04:10 AM
mac11586 is currently offline Click here to Send mac11586 a Private Message Find more posts by mac11586 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
patman69za

All is said and done, but how can we, let alon Neo, trust what the architect says. In the second movie and in some of the first movie there is alot of emphasis on control. What the architect was saying probably was this again, keeping Neo under control by telling him exactly what is needed to tell him keep him under control.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 04:43 AM
patman69za is currently offline Click here to Send patman69za a Private Message Find more posts by patman69za Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur

some said that the machines have already destroyed zion and there is a new matrix where they are in (at the end of reloaded). and neo is first who recognizes it so he made with the squidies what heLd done in the first matrix.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 12:56 PM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thadius

what i think, is that Neo is actually MEANT to start the matrix over again....and by again i mean that if you listen to the architect in Matrix Reloaded, you'll hear him say there had been 6 "the one's" before Neo, all of them had failed, and then they chose to go back into the matrix and start it over again, but Neo decided he was gunna be the brave one and go try to make things better and save everyone and their mom. So of course being an action movie the star hero has to win so he flies at about 10X the speed of light and saves trinity and gets the bullit out of her, because i think he then becomes a program that can in fact delete and not just move other programs, thats what i think Neo was meant to do.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 02:20 PM
thadius is currently offline Click here to Send thadius a Private Message Find more posts by thadius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
patman69za

Theer were five before Neo, but I think maybe, this Neo has a girlfriend where the other One's had not. Neo chose the door out of love which opposed all logic (and probably the door that the other One's chose as it was was their function to do). And why would the matrix need Zion anyway?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 05:18 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Trust what the Archtiect says because when it comes to a film you should believe what you are told unless you have reason not to.

Zion is an important part of the machine's strategy with the Matrix.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 05:30 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
patman69za

And how is Zion important when the machines have been destroying it five times before? (with increasing efficiency - the architect) And then allow the One to select 23 individuals (16 female and 7 male) to re-populate Zion, it does not make sense! It is almost as if the machines built Zion themselves and had these humans live there!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 05:55 PM
mirthrandir63
Computer Freak

That's EXACTLY what happens.

The machines need Zion as a place to send those who do not accept the matrix's programming. The machines destroy Zion in the end so as to force the One to reset the matrix.

"Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy."
~~ Groucho Marks

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 06:38 PM
mirthrandir63 is currently offline Click here to Send mirthrandir63 a Private Message Find more posts by mirthrandir63 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
patman69za

good point but, remember those that do not accept the matrix are dumped like from a toilet to the bottom of the matrix pool (in the first movie) and drown because they don't have the muscular strength to survive. And if Zion is rebuilt there must be some record of this happening some time ago, but Neo says to the architect that "No one knows", and even in that case with Morpheous' statement that the year ic closer to 2199 may be very wrong, it could even be 3199 for the amount of times Zion had been destroyed! Morpheus' speech about 100 years of survival is thus trivial as their efforts are for naught, they will be destroyed as it is meant to be. Just as the Keymaker define's purpose. But every time the matrix is written it is improved - just a thought, perhaps this re-written matrix includes Zion as a place for free minds and at the same time saving batteries of those supposed freed minds. But Neo must brake that cycle if humans are to be truly free!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 07:10 PM