KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Is the 'real' world real or not?

Is the 'Real World' real or not?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, it is as real as can be 49 67.12%
No, totally fake in one of a dozen different ways 24 32.88%
Total: 73 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Is the 'real' world real or not?
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

POLL- Is the 'real' world real or not?

As requested, an attempt to gather opinion on the controversial subject on whether the real world in The Matrix is actually real or false (whether being part of a greater Matrix, or there being more than one Matrix, or whatever).

NO replies in this thread please; the debate itself is here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f42/t6208.html

BTW, please no tiresome discussion on 'what is real?'- you KNOW what the question means.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 07:14 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tomkat

DON'T FORGET TO POST HOW YOU VOTED!

I voted No.
See thread for reasons.

Last edited by Tomkat on Jun 12th, 2003 at 07:44 PM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 07:32 PM
Tomkat is currently offline Click here to Send Tomkat a Private Message Find more posts by Tomkat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

the real world is real in my opinion and any intelligent person would agree, hehehehe, j/k

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 10:53 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skittles19
***** what?

it IS real

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 11:55 PM
Skittles19 is currently offline Click here to Send Skittles19 a Private Message Find more posts by Skittles19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brownie

Yes I do think there is a real world.

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 02:59 AM
brownie is currently offline Click here to Send brownie a Private Message Find more posts by brownie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

it's really hard to say. i'd say it is real. but who knows. maybe it's all part of a super-intelligence mainframe that just likes playing games with humans. a matrix inside a matrix. wonder how much memory that would take up...hm...

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 06:34 AM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Telemicus
Wasted

Real

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 08:18 AM
Telemicus is currently offline Click here to Send Telemicus a Private Message Find more posts by Telemicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wauzer

I think is very real in the context of the story. I had my doubts when I saw what Neo could do in the then "Real World" at the end of Reloaded, but after seeing the part where the Oracle confesses that Neo's mind is trapped inside the matrix as well in the now official(to me anyway) Real World when he came in contact with the source in Enter the Matrix. I was convinced by that. This idea of a Matrix in another Matrix seems a rip off of the movie : Thirteenth Floor if it does eventually happen to be like that. If the Real World does exist as a backup Matrix that the 1% that do reject it can go to, who is to say that there might not be hundreds of others as fail safe. cool

Last edited by Wauzer on Jun 13th, 2003 at 11:28 AM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 11:25 AM
Wauzer is currently offline Click here to Send Wauzer a Private Message Find more posts by Wauzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MemphisG1

I agree with Wauzer...saying that the "real world " is part of the matrix sems to easy of an assumption to make...The real world is indeed real...and the difference between Neo and the rest of his past anomoles...is the link he has with Smith...I believe this link is key to the matrix demise...

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 01:18 PM
MemphisG1 is currently offline Click here to Send MemphisG1 a Private Message Find more posts by MemphisG1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tomkat

JUST A REMINDER:

Please only post how you voted.
Explain why in this thread:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f42/t6208.html

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 01:32 PM
Tomkat is currently offline Click here to Send Tomkat a Private Message Find more posts by Tomkat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

real..i can't belive you guyz actually have to make a poll for this

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 07:40 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

maybe maybe not, but then again, possibly.
if the world we live in wasnt real then there would not be a matrix move. Why? you ask. because of THIS, speculation.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 03:19 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

the matrix is just a movie, why is so many people making such a big deal out of a stupid movie.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 03:23 AM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

what i meant is that AGENTS or other matrix athoraties would not allow a film to be made if it got people talking about rebellion and being free and crap like that.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 03:25 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Belgarion Irongrip
SeeD

false

EDITED

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: if you are reading this you are spoiling your life

101 WAYS TO COOK HOTDOGS YEAH
http://www.actiontrip.com/reviews/finalfantasy8.phtml

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 14th, 2003 at 11:20 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 04:01 PM
Belgarion Irongrip is currently offline Click here to Send Belgarion Irongrip a Private Message Find more posts by Belgarion Irongrip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Keep your ARGUMENTS about your decision in the relevant thread please.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 11:20 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HeIsTheOne

What is real, how do define real, if your talking about what you can see, taste, touch, then real is just electrical signals inturpeted by your brain.

I vote REAL smokin'

Last edited by HeIsTheOne on Jun 15th, 2003 at 05:27 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 05:25 AM
HeIsTheOne is currently offline Click here to Send HeIsTheOne a Private Message Find more posts by HeIsTheOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

i cant say.

EDITED

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 15th, 2003 at 09:44 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 09:38 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Seriously, folks, keep your discourse on this subject in the thread discussing it. This is strictly a yes or no job.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 09:44 AM
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Angry

EDITED

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 16th, 2003 at 11:08 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 01:08 PM