KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The reason why some people dislike Reloaded

The reason why some people dislike Reloaded
Started by: bogmac

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bogmac

Smile The reason why some people dislike Reloaded

Matrix Reloaded is a film that you have to get into. You have to see it at least twice to get all the elements all the facts, all the reasons and all the things that make the story.
For example, X-men 2 is different. X2 is film that comes to you.
Reloaded is different. You can't watch it as you would watch Star Wars or any other blockbuster.
This film is part of an entire universe. If you want to love it, you have to understand that :

- it is the first part of an entire film made of M2 and M3,
- it is the transition between M1 and M3,
- it had to describe the Matrix Universe much more deeply than in M1

So, for me, the people who didn't like M2 did not understand it.
i'm sorry, I don't want to be rude or to hurt.
I just give an example :

One of my friend told me : that film sucks, the screenplay is bad.
I told him 'Oh, didn't you love the fact that Smith could infect a human brain and get out of the Matrix in Bane's Body. That's a great element of screenplay'.
And my friend said 'What ??? I didn't get that ....'
Then I said 'Didn't you love the fact that The Oracle is a program with her own mind who decided to help human. She made the choice to fight side by side with human. It's a good element of the screenplay ?'
And my friend said 'Well, I didn't get that too'
And so on ...
He said to me that he's going to watch it again because he felt like he had missed something.
I told him that if he wants to love the film he had to focus on these facts :

- Programs have their own mind because the evolution of AI made them like human spirit : some are linked to the matrix, some not, others are Pirats (like Merovingian)

- Smith wants more than being a program, he found the way to become a human. Why ? because, in M1, his goal was to find the access code to zion.
In M2, ha ahs no more goal, so he wants another one.

- To control human beings, the machines have to give them the choice of their lives, even at an unconscious level. That's why Neo, with the others 'Ones' where element of control.

SO If you want to love this film, you have to get into and understand him deeply.

See ya

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 09:49 AM
bogmac is currently offline Click here to Send bogmac a Private Message Find more posts by bogmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Actually the oracle was not helping the human race...........she was helping Neo.......helping/guiding him to fullfill his purpose.......she cares not about the human race, she was there to befriend Neo and make sure he kept on the right path, the path that would take him to the source where he could meet the architect and then enter the mainframe........which ofcourse would put the humans back at square one when Neo chose 23 people and set out rebuilding Zion from scratch......the oracle and the architect are partners, he built the matrix and she helped him improve it by realizing that humans needed to believe they had choice (which ofcourse they don't......they are still being controlled by the Matrix as Merovingen proves when he sends that cake to the blonde).

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 12:17 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogmac

OK for me Evil dead. By learning this, I love M2 much more by now.
Thanks wink

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 01:16 PM
bogmac is currently offline Click here to Send bogmac a Private Message Find more posts by bogmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

1. I agree 100%..........everytime I've heard, "Reloaded wasn't good at all" it has been directly followed by, "I didn't understand any of it"..........people really have no right to comment positively or negatively on a subject they themselves have admitted that they didn't understand. It's not the Wachowski Bros. fault that some people are a bit on the slow side and can't comprehend the story...........

2. One thing I don't buy in the movie is the explanation of rogue programs that no longer work for the system, they were to be deleted but fled into the matrix (Smith, the twins, Merovingen, etc.)..........I don't buy this for the simple fact that one of the most important characters (the oracle) said, "there is no coincidence inside the Matrix, everything has a purpose"..........so these programs really aren't rogue, they are still fullfilling the purpose they were created for when they interact with Neo. Ofcourse they told us in the first movie that Neo was "the one" who would free all mankind by entering the mainframe (actually they added that last part in subtley in Reloaded) and find out that the prophecy is not true.........that it was all a lie put in place by the architect to try to get Neo to enter the mainframe.

3. another oracle side note...........I already mentioned how Merovingen controlled the blonde woman by sending her a piece of cake that was laced with a computer code that caused her to do a specific action........ever notice that both times Neo talks to the Oracle she gives him food (cookie in first movie, candy in Reloaded).......could she not only be giving him advice which keeps him on his path but also be controlling him to ensure he stays on the right path?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 01:32 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I also agree 100% bogmac. It is a VERY, very in-depth complicated film. I watched the Matrix (original) last night and it is literally unbelievable the amount of detail and hardwork that has gone into the story line and the script.

Sorry to say it Evil Dead...but you're wrong about the Oracle.

The Oracle is now in Exile. I will explain why:

Starting with the first film. She states that she hates giving good people bad news. When it comes to examining Neo she does so as if it is a routine, done before, and she can't be ****ed with it which is backed up by "Well...let's get this over with" and "And I say...hrrrrmmmm and You say"..."I'm not the one"...the conversation goes on. Her acting shows, she can't be bothered doing it anymore, she has done it before, over and over...she is bored.

Then she says "I'm gonna let you in a little secret..." The thing she tells him is in fact a secret as it can be plainly seen from the expression on her face.

Now we get onto the real evidence smile

In the 2nd film when Neo is doing his Superman thing he lands on a building and goes inside and say's "Where are you?". This room is the same as in the first when he goes to see the Oracle. Why isn't she there?

Then when he gets a message from the Oracle, he goes to see her and she is being protected by another program, Seraph. Why does she need protection? From what? From who?

When Neo finally gets to her what the **** is she doing in the middle of a park or whatever u wanna call it. Why does she tell Neo about the Exile program's, she doesn't have to, she is trying to prove a point...

How can Neo trust her...well she is trying to show Neo that she herself is in fact an exile.

Another piece of evidence is the fact of the Architect "scoffing" at the name "The Oracle" when mentioned. This could show malcontent towards her etc.

If you want a more detailed explanation...then ask, and I will smile

Not to mention, there is in fact more evidence pointing towards that she is an exile, but I have to go out now, so I aint putting it here...yet.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 01:53 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

Put it plain and simple; If they didnt show such a detailed preview of it, the movie would hav been much more exciting. Just think wut u would hav thought of the 40 agent explosion if u hadnt seen it ever before?!?!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 05:40 PM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

You guys all get into such detail. I'll just put it this way: Reloaded was truly the best movie I have ever seen. It had the right amount of action and the right amount of romance and a good story line to make it an excellent film. I liked it way better then the first one and I understood Reloaded much better then the first as well. I wouldn't change a thing about the movies or the previews or anything else. It was great.~

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 06:19 PM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

too much love. Everything else was good. It would be the best if Trinity dies becus Neo will probly get pissed and kill everything. Sounds good to me.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 06:22 PM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

I did think that the part of the movie where he brought her back to life was pretty corny. I think that once someone dies, they die. They shouldn't be brought back to life, but at the same time, I think it would be very sad if she died, so I wouldn't want that. no

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 06:24 PM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

true. that would be sad.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 06:26 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

I agree with bogmac and Sifer. I was so awestruck when I got out of the theatre after watching it the first time, a friend of mine insists I claimed I’d never see another movie big grin
Yes, the Oracle has gone from being part of the system, that had to find the anomaly and guide it to the Source, to being an exile herself. Why else does the Architect scoff so, when Neo tries to guess who the mother of the Matrix is?
But why has the Oracle gone into exile?
There wasn’t too much love. The party/sex scene in Zion was needed, to show that humans are still humans. As Mouse says in M1 “To deny our impulses is to deny that which makes us human.” Without dancing, partying, and emotions what is to distinguish our protagonists from any other program?
Some people actually dislike this movie because the humans are humans. A very machine-Victorian attitude if you ask me. It was beautifully done, so what’s the fuss?
And of course Neo had to bring Trinity back to life. Remember what they say about the life you save. Trinity has had responsibility for Neo since she saved him at the end of M1. Now the scores are even. And I bet ya in M3 we’ll learn that Neo did a lot more when he touched her heart than merely re-awakening her (play Enter the Matrix).
Other people simply don’t get the many layers at play here. As another friend of mine pointed out after watching it: “Cool, it looks like it, but it’s not a mainstream movie.”

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 09:44 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omegaman

Hey Omega, great name! You trying to move in on my territory?(ha ha)

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 09:46 PM
Omegaman is currently offline Click here to Send Omegaman a Private Message Find more posts by Omegaman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Well… Since I registered three days before YOU did… Talk about copy-right infringements big grin

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 09:51 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

i think pll dont like it cos of that too. and all the new characters. in m1 there was just the main ppl and not much else, u know? now they introduced a whoe city and all new characters and plces.

~*a woman who strives to be equal with men lacks ambition*~
-_-|Co- owner of the Baileys Vat. Co-Founder of the Baileys Club|-_-
-_-|Bar-girl at the tavern|-_-
-_-|wears gold metal bikini, will give bikini huggles if you poke nicely|-_-
-_-|try covering me with chocolate|-_-
happy rules:
-->there is no giant foot trying to squash me.
-->there is no such thing as aliens.
-->even though i may ignite, i probably wont.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 10:28 PM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bonesxte

quote:
Originally posted by AliasNeo15
too much love. Everything else was good. It would be the best if Trinity dies becus Neo will probly get pissed and kill everything. Sounds good to me.

i disagree....hatred or anger wouldn't solve anything, but his love could push him to do things that he has never done before or thought to be possible i.e. bring Trinity back to life.

and i agree that the Oracle is in exile now...

this film is brilliant

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 11:23 PM
bonesxte is currently offline Click here to Send bonesxte a Private Message Find more posts by bonesxte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

anger, hatred...they are of the dark side.
but, blow up everything would be interesting...
but neither neo or trinity can die.

~*a woman who strives to be equal with men lacks ambition*~
-_-|Co- owner of the Baileys Vat. Co-Founder of the Baileys Club|-_-
-_-|Bar-girl at the tavern|-_-
-_-|wears gold metal bikini, will give bikini huggles if you poke nicely|-_-
-_-|try covering me with chocolate|-_-
happy rules:
-->there is no giant foot trying to squash me.
-->there is no such thing as aliens.
-->even though i may ignite, i probably wont.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 10:50 AM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crappybob
ww.crappybobandnicbig.com

Most people did not like it because they were just seeing it to be cool. While I was waiting in line the second time to see it, there was a punk ass kid who was talking to his friend asking him about the first Matrix movie because he had never seen it. I told him he better not be talking and asking questions during the movie or I will show him some real buttet time. Me punching him in the f'ing face.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 04:51 AM
Crappybob is currently offline Find more posts by Crappybob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

quote:
Originally posted by Crappybob
Most people did not like it because they were just seeing it to be cool. While I was waiting in line the second time to see it, there was a punk ass kid who was talking to his friend asking him about the first Matrix movie because he had never seen it. I told him he better not be talking and asking questions during the movie or I will show him some real buttet time. Me punching him in the f'ing face.

HAHAHA, that is so true, I wouldn't deal with that shit either. If you haven't seen the first movie, you defnitely shouldn't be going to see Reloaded, what a dumb ass.~

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 04:57 AM
alaba
THE ONE

princess leia..i agree with youintroducing new elements in the movie really feels awkward. i still prefer the first one as simple as it is. the brothers probably wanted to do something that'll appeal to todays world but i kinda prefer the first one in its simple plain feel. it's like, upgrading from classic windows to xp laughing

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 05:26 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur

i think it wasnt that good to handle the boys to much money. now they could make whatever they want to in their movie (in reloaded). and i think they overload it a little. if they hadnt that much money thy had that much actionscene... maybe that much but not that long..

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 07:06 PM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote