KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » the phone line

the phone line
Started by: princess leia

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
princess leia
trinity ;)

the phone line

i was wondering...
why do they need a phone line to exit the matrix?
i mean, if its a program, then the phone line doesnt really exist anyway...they may as well use...oh, i dont know...a baileys vat.
is there a reason i am overlooking?

~*a woman who strives to be equal with men lacks ambition*~
-_-|Co- owner of the Baileys Vat. Co-Founder of the Baileys Club|-_-
-_-|Bar-girl at the tavern|-_-
-_-|wears gold metal bikini, will give bikini huggles if you poke nicely|-_-
-_-|try covering me with chocolate|-_-
happy rules:
-->there is no giant foot trying to squash me.
-->there is no such thing as aliens.
-->even though i may ignite, i probably wont.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 10:48 AM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur

there must be a way to get out of the matrix. and this exits are covered with a phone. like the agents, also programs are "dressed" as dim-witted agents. it would be very strange if theres a door with a sign at the top of it "exit the matrix". laughing

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 12:51 PM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur

******* smiley, i know. its not that funny. but i couldnt refuse.

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 19th, 2003 at 08:52 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 12:51 PM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

They can only use Hard Lines due to them being static as every system is built upon another system. So a Hard Lined phone line is one of the few things that can provide permanent availability...if you know what I mean.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 02:33 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

no, i don't..bloody phone companies crashing all the times stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 08:32 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nopy

If you listen to M1, Morpheous says that they rise to broadcast depth and hack into the Matrix.

The explanation is that the phone line is like a modem connection to the internet. So to get in to the matrix you need a phone line. The same is needed to exit. Its what is used to connect into and out of the matrix.

In M2 when trinity's heart stops the screen says 'lost carrier signal' This is usually what a modem says when it loses its connection to a host.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 08:40 PM
nopy is currently offline Click here to Send nopy a Private Message Find more posts by nopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, the Matrix is not just VR, it is a bit more cerebral than that. Your mind has to LITERALLY enter and exit the Matrix and it can only do this at the relevant point inside the programme (the parts that link to the outside world comm lines), which manifest as the telephones.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 08:53 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

oh so is that why they cant just go out of any phone line?
so its not actually the phone line...its just a point where the mind will allow itself to be taken out of the matrix. ok smile

~*a woman who strives to be equal with men lacks ambition*~
-_-|Co- owner of the Baileys Vat. Co-Founder of the Baileys Club|-_-
-_-|Bar-girl at the tavern|-_-
-_-|wears gold metal bikini, will give bikini huggles if you poke nicely|-_-
-_-|try covering me with chocolate|-_-
happy rules:
-->there is no giant foot trying to squash me.
-->there is no such thing as aliens.
-->even though i may ignite, i probably wont.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 10:14 PM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Its like waking from a dream.

you know?

if you are sleep walking and someone wakes you up, you could die of a heart attack because your brain has to withstand a sudden change in reality.
as for the phone...
maybe they couldnt find a baileys vat. laughing out loud

What is this I don't even

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 04:35 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big_Diek

Nopy explained it perfectly, there are few places they can escape for example in M2 they have to travel all the way across the freeway to get to one...it's a lot more complicated then it seems.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 08:26 PM
Big_Diek is currently offline Click here to Send Big_Diek a Private Message Find more posts by Big_Diek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote