KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Neo's Role in Matrix:Revolutions

Neo's Role in Matrix:Revolutions
Started by: Freedmind_Tom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Freedmind_Tom

Neo's Role in Matrix:Revolutions

what (taking into account that what he was prophetised to do wasn't true or he failed to do so in reloaded) is Neo's role gonna be in Revolutions do you belive he will end the war himself or just be a contributer? or what?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 06:07 PM
Freedmind_Tom is currently offline Click here to Send Freedmind_Tom a Private Message Find more posts by Freedmind_Tom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

I think he will try to go to the Matrix Centrak Processing Unit ( CPU ) in thereal world and shut it down manually. He has greater chances with being able to sense them.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 06:09 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

good question

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 06:10 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedmind_Tom

thanx korrie. i have heard and belive that neo finds a way to duplicate himself just like smith and there is a huge showdown between 100 neos and smiths if u look at the trailer at the end of enter the matrix game u can see evidence of this

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 06:19 PM
Freedmind_Tom is currently offline Click here to Send Freedmind_Tom a Private Message Find more posts by Freedmind_Tom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

No. All you see is 1 Neo and 1 Smith dueling. With about 145,365,634,523,954,237,572,436,578,246,578,243,65
6,135,891,258,934,657,816,568,145 Smiths watching. (hum, thats more people then there are on earth...)

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 06:28 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedmind_Tom

Miffed

I know that was stupid of me it dont support neos duplication skills at all whoops wacko

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 06:31 PM
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

you mean wacko

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 06:32 PM
Freedmind_Tom

no im serious i didnt think it through

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 06:33 PM
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

o.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 06:35 PM
Freedmind_Tom

he must be a prime factor in the conclusion but i dont see how after how the build up to his main part in the war failed

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 08:41 PM
Korri

wudnt that be gr8 loads of neos mmmmmmmmmm love sorry ill shut up now embarrasment

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 10:45 AM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icansee
Furious Angel 2

I think that both systems will co exist. My reasons for this comes from reloaded: Night talk with Neo and the guy with the white hair at Zion (We need machines talk etc), plus what the Oracle said about the future " I am only interested in the future and the only way we are going to get there is together". They cannot go back to the stone age all over again it would be going backward, plus since T3 is going in the same direction the W brothers would want therir movie to be different.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 08:06 PM
icansee is currently offline Click here to Send icansee a Private Message Find more posts by icansee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
revolution_man

joel silver sad that by the end of revolutions, and i quote, "smith will not be the only person who can clone himself"...i think that unless they pull it off in a smart way, someone else being able to clone themself would be weird and would take a bit of the odds of them succeding away from the movie, ya know?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 08:25 PM
revolution_man is currently offline Click here to Send revolution_man a Private Message Find more posts by revolution_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Korri
wudnt that be gr8 loads of neos mmmmmmmmmm love sorry ill shut up now embarrasment

This enough...?

Attachment: neo.jpg
This has been downloaded 69 time(s).

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 08:28 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Revolution man> I looked up “"smith will not be the only person who can clone" on Google. And found not a single hit. So you may want to supply us with a link maybe.

It’s possible, that someone else may be able to do that. It doesn’t mean it is Neo, though (sorry, Korri). We know next to nothing about, say, Seraph, to begin with.

As to Neos role: When he left the Architect in M2, he essentially went from being the prophesised saviour of mankind, to be the harbinger of its doom. But since the prophecy was nothing but another way for The Architect (God) and the system to keep control over the humans, Neo has transcended those limitations. After Trinity has freed his digital self from the Matrix, his sole purpose will be to stop the cataclysmic system crash (The Smiths) of the Matrix.
In the real world he is “just” another human, and his real powers are in the Matrix. I think the pictures we’ve seen of Trinity flying with a blind-folded Neo, is near the end of the movie. When the rebels and the protagonist machines need him to enter the Matrix once again, to stop the “darkness (aka Smith the agent of chaos)”.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 31st, 2003 01:02 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

I don't think Neo has no purpose. I think that part of Neo's destiny was to stop the cycle, and his love for Trinity caused this. I think Neo's ultimate purpose is to restore humanity. Neo and Smith are opposites, light and dark. Therefore i think Neo will be the one who can clone himself, but i don't think it will be the same as Smith does. When Smith tries to take over Neo, Neo says it feels like dying. Therefore, i think that, when Smith clones himself, he really destroys the mind of the human he takes over. I think that when Neo beats Smith, he will clone himself into Smiths body, and then he will propagate himself throughout all the other bodies, (which at this time might be everyone hard-wired into the Matrix, including other programs) and restore their minds, like he does for Trinity. Neo will be "all that stands in [Smith's] way", and as the Oracle has already stated "I'm interested in one thing Neo, the future, and believe me, the only way to get there, is together.", then, if Smith succeeds in killing every human, including Neo, then Smith will have what he wants (to be free of the Matrix for ever), at the cost of killing all the humans and machines who require the Matrix. I'm sorry, i just noticed that im rambling, and this doesn't exactly make a whole lot of sense, so if anyone can rephrase this, to make more sense, i would be more than grateful.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Aug 31st, 2003 02:05 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

sorry, people, but i have been informed by a friend of mine, who's idea i hold in very high regard, that my last post is unintelligible, ergo, i am posting a response to my last post, so, disregard that one and read this one. It is the same idea, but rephrased, to be more easily understood.

I don't think Neo has no purpose. I think that part of Neo's destiny was to stop the cycle, and his love for Trinity caused this. I think Neo's ultimate purpose is to restore humanity. Neo and Smith are opposites, light and dark. Therefore i think Neo will be the one who can clone himself, but i don't think it will be the same as Smith does. When Smith tries to take over Neo, Neo says it feels like dying. Therefore, i think that, when Smith clones himself, he really destroys the mind of the human he takes over. I think that when Neo beats Smith, he will clone himself into Smiths body, and then he will propagate himself throughout all the other bodies, (which at this time might be everyone hard-wired into the Matrix, including other programs) and restore their minds, like he does for Trinity. If Smith succeeds in killing every human, including Neo, then Smith will have what he wants (to be free of the Matrix for ever), at the cost of killing all the humans and machines who require the Matrix. Neo is "all that stands in [Smith's] way", and as the Oracle has already stated "I'm interested in one thing Neo, the future, and believe me, the only way to get there, is together.", i believe these two thoughts to be the two possibilities to the end of "Revloutions".

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Aug 31st, 2003 03:41 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
This enough...?

heehee!!! thats alot eek!

Old Post Sep 1st, 2003 03:47 PM
jiggaman8604
Paintballer!

Well...heres an idea from a cynic...Revolutions is simply going through the motions of what is to happen to the matrix (see...zion destroyed, surviovors, start over again) And the movie will end with simply another blank screen and the matrix rebooting

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 03:44 AM
jiggaman8604 is currently offline Click here to Send jiggaman8604 a Private Message Find more posts by jiggaman8604 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

I AM a cynic, and that doesn't fit with the whole reason for making these movies. Whats the point of making three movies, delving into deeply religious and philosophical ideas, if, at the end, every rebel dies and it starts over? It is too EASY for that to happen. doctor

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 11:55 AM