KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Best evidence that Neo's phone call happens at the end of Revolutions.......

Best evidence that Neo's phone call happens at the end of Revolutions.......
Started by: Evil Dead

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Best evidence that Neo's phone call happens at the end of Revolutions.......

Sure people have posted stuff about the dates between Cypher and Trinity's conversation at the beginning of the Matrix and Neo's phone call at the end being 19 months apart.............this is circumstantial since we don't know exactly how long of a time frame the first movie lasted.....or the exact ammount of time between The Matrix and Reloaded.

People have also posted about the computer in "Enter the Matrix" being made in '99............which would put the Niobe/Ghost missions (that run in exactly the same time frame as Reloaded) in '99 since we assume that all the equiptment the Zion rebels use in the Matrix is the latest and up to date............why would they load inferior tools in their construct to take with them when they have access to the latest technology?

All that is circumstantial.........but may put you in the mindset that all 3 movies happen before the end of the first movie when Neo makes his phone call to the machines..........

How about this:

Neo's Phonecall at the end of the Matrix:

"I know you're out there.......I can feel you now"

Very last scene in Reloaded, Neo stops the sentinals:

"Something is different......I can feel them"

By Neo saying that something is different, he can feel them now.......doesn't this imply that he could not feel them before? If he only gained the ability to feel them when he touched the source, doesn't this mean he touched the source before he makes that phone call at the end of the first movie when he utters the line, "I can feel you now"? We all know that he didn't touch the source untill Reloaded..........so doesn't this mean Reloaded takes place before he makes the phone call at the end of the Matrix?

Nay-sayers have said, "but the cars in Reloaded are newer models"........I'm no cadillac expert so I can't guess the years of the models pictured in the movie.................however, those cars don't exist in the real world, only in the Matrix. Just because those cars weren't produced in our real world untill 2001 or 2002 doesn't mean that the Cadillac comany in the Matrix didn't produce those cars in '99.......it is only a V.R. simulation after all. This idea goes back to the tasty wheat conversation in the first movie.............how do we know if anything portrayed in the Matrix is the same as it was in the real world?

Also, in some scenes from the Revolutions trailers........Neo isn't wearing his robe from Reloaded, he is wearing the same clothes he wore at the end of the first movie...........which means he could wear those clothes throughout Revolutions then make the phone call.

I'm not committed to this theory...........but it does make sense........I'm taking it as a strong possibility...........the quotes from the end of both movies is what is kind of pushing me towards believing it.........

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 07:54 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

bene

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 09:45 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Static

What about his sunglasses, now im not saying that your wrong but, hes wearing the sunglasses he wore all the way through M1, then they all changed to some new snazzy ones in M2. So why would he revert back to his original ones?

"...Only thing you know about me is that i was about to kick your ass..."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 10:48 AM
Static is currently offline Click here to Send Static a Private Message Find more posts by Static Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

i dont think it happened at the end or revolutions...i mean whats the point. when they made it they didnt mean it to be. they didnt have any plans to make sequels when they first made m1. they may have wanted to. but they had no actualy plans.

~*a woman who strives to be equal with men lacks ambition*~
-_-|Co- owner of the Baileys Vat. Co-Founder of the Baileys Club|-_-
-_-|Bar-girl at the tavern|-_-
-_-|wears gold metal bikini, will give bikini huggles if you poke nicely|-_-
-_-|try covering me with chocolate|-_-
happy rules:
-->there is no giant foot trying to squash me.
-->there is no such thing as aliens.
-->even though i may ignite, i probably wont.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 10:53 AM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
masterofmatrix
Matrix Geezer

i agree with you because when he makes the call he also says

"im going to hang up this phone and im going to show these people what you dont want them to see , im going to show them a world without you . a world without rules or bounderys a world where anything is possible where we go from there is a choice of routine."

but in reloaded he is on the Nebuchadnezzar and he jacks out and in of a matrix with rules but he said he was going to have a world with no rules. anyone who has theories about it will know what im talking about

"It Ends In November"

(pic made by alias neo)

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 10:55 AM
masterofmatrix is currently offline Click here to Send masterofmatrix a Private Message Find more posts by masterofmatrix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

I think Evil Dead's theory is pretty close to what could happen, because after Neo bursts upward, and all those people walking around would've seen him and that would have messed up the whole this is the real world. In reloaded he takes off when there is no one around, and flies to the oracle at night. It really is beginning to make sense, I don't know, the W. Bros probably had some idea that they were going to make a sequel or two... Most everything they do, is for a reason

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 01:53 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crappybob
ww.crappybobandnicbig.com

yeah baby!!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 02:39 PM
Crappybob is currently offline Find more posts by Crappybob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent_Smith
korri's angel

maybe they just meant the phone call to be at the end of m1, but now that they are makin sequels they decided to put it in revolutions.

Agent_Smith + Korri = luv

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 02:49 PM
Agent_Smith is currently offline Click here to Send Agent_Smith a Private Message Find more posts by Agent_Smith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Listen, everyone here seems to have the misconception that the Wachowski's were never going to do Sequels. The Matrix story was always planned for at least 2 films. I read an interview with the WB's and they stated this specifically - I knew this before I saw the first film (about 2 days after it was released worldwide).

The reason it needed splitting is because what was initially going to be the sequel is now Reloaded AND Revolutions was too big as one film.

If none of you believe me, you can find proof on the Animatrix documentaries and Making of, which can be found on the DVD.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 03:03 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by masterofmatrix
i agree with you because when he makes the call he also says

"im going to hang up this phone and im going to show these people what you dont want them to see , im going to show them a world without you . a world without rules or bounderys a world where anything is possible where we go from there is a choice of routine."

but in reloaded he is on the Nebuchadnezzar and he jacks out and in of a matrix with rules but he said he was going to have a world with no rules. anyone who has theories about it will know what im talking about

Maybe he just means that he took control of the Matrix and he's going to show the humans that in there they can do anything. Its better then unnplugging everybody because thats not possible.

just a theory.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 03:48 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Sifer is correct..........the Matrix was written (outlined, not scripted) to be atleast 2 films......it just so happens they needed to make 3 because they couldn't fit their large script for the second movie into one film.........

this actually only helps lend credibility to the theory that the phone call is at the end of Revolutions........the Wachowski Bros. didn't know if the second (and third now) movie was ever going to be made.........they didn't know if the first movie was going to bomb or not. Ofcourse if it bombed there wouldn't be a sequel..........so they went ahead and showed the end of the story at the end of the first movie incase they didn't get the chance to make a sequel.

And to the guy who's talking about sunglasses...........who cares, they are sun glasses........to tell you the truth I havn't analyzed the Revolutions trailers to try and acertain which model of sunglasses Neo is wearing in the third movie.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 04:14 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

i can back up sifer that they had always planned to make another installment . . . i've read the interviews too.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 12:56 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

I've posted this before in a different thread, but the code that is being shown is not the matrix when it says"system failure"it is a trace program running and he stops it. people think that the matrix is failing when it says that but its not.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 03:36 AM
Stovenutts is currently offline Click here to Send Stovenutts a Private Message Find more posts by Stovenutts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

and when he says"i know your out there...i can feel you now"
He could feel them IN the matrix when he started to believe he is the one.he is making the phone call INSIDE the matrix and he could feel them there. the only reason he said "somthings different...i can feel them now" is because he couldnt feel them in the real world untill then.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 03:39 AM
Stovenutts is currently offline Click here to Send Stovenutts a Private Message Find more posts by Stovenutts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

actually, i can't see anywhere in this thread where someone confused the trace program for the matrix code. so, i think the theory still holds strong.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 03:51 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crappybob
ww.crappybobandnicbig.com

Who cares if it is just the phone line that has a system failure. That doesn't disprove this theory! It means nothing, why would you even bring that up? Try to get your reading up to a 3rd grade level if you are going to waste my time reading your useless crap.

This theory is my favorite one right now. I believe it is the end of Revolutions. That would be cool.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 04:00 AM
Crappybob is currently offline Find more posts by Crappybob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

8========D (please log in to view the image)

"crappybob and friends"

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 04:51 AM
nickjs21

woah, hey, how can we argue with that? if you had just put that up to begin with, stovenutts, we totally would've agreed with your point of view.

*rolls eyes*

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 05:04 AM
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

quote:
Originally posted by Crappybob
(...) 3rd grade level if you are going to waste my time reading your useless crap.

Then just don't read it. Best mature answer. Ignore them. I wish I could ignore you. (I like that bad mouth generator)

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 05:39 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I just posted this in another thread but the Trace Program code at the end only helps back up the theory. Why?

Because it say's System Failure. Now remember what the Architect said:

"A Cataclysmic System Crash"

Now that means everything won't just shut down at once; bit by bit the Matrix System is going to deteriorate. The Trace Program failing just helps back it up because it doesn't say "Trace Program Failure" or "Program Failure" - It says "SYSTEM Failure".

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 10:33 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote