KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Morpheus...

Morpheus...
Started by: Ikobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Morpheus...

What's his role going to be in M3?

His ship's in flames, the thing that's been his driving force for the majority of his life turns out to be a lie, he was nearly assimilated by Smith... poor boy's a wreck, so what's he going to be now? Neo's out-done him, so he can't play the mentor/father figure any more... ?

~AI

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 07:30 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crisis
Mr.Keanu Dude

poor old morpheus

plus he lost niobe

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 07:31 PM
Crisis is currently offline Click here to Send Crisis a Private Message Find more posts by Crisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I have a feeling that he is going to get Niobe back smile Actually, its a high possibility.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 07:42 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

i'd say it's the one sure thing we can count on for m3, sifer.

well, after what ikobe points out . . . i would say he'd then sacrifice himself to save neo at some point (y'know, to give himself some purpose), but neo hardly needs the help now, does he?

he'll just be a regular freedom fighter now, just like the rest of them. i'm sure all the others will still look up to him like they appeared to in zion. plus, ship or no ship, the captain still gives the orders.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 04:49 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Hmm... I love that line in the Meeting scene..

"God damn, Morpheus, you ain' evah gonna change! I'ma do it jus' ta see wha' Lock does ta ya, foo'."

It's like a young hip, machine-fighting Mr. T... ah, I loved that show, d'you remember it? Mr. T had his own animated series... at the end they had a real-life bit where Mr. T would discuss the moral of today's story with these little kids... how I yearned to be one of them... foo'.

~AI

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 07:35 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rysdigital
the end has come

morpheus is much wiser than neo is, you can tell a couple of times during reloaded.

"no, what happened happened and couldn't have happened any other way"

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 01:17 AM
rysdigital is currently offline Click here to Send rysdigital a Private Message Find more posts by rysdigital Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

He isn't wiser.

"What if we didn't do something"

What I reckon is they DIDN'T do something - see the bearded guy, there is a good probability that they were meant to meet him. But they missed the"exact" time.

Not to mention that every answer that has been poised at Neo has been answered correctly.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 05:14 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

I think the whole 'being the One' thing... sorta makes him uber-wise in the ways of the Matrix. An anomaly with omniscient Matrix knowledge is teh scary thing.

~AI

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 09:08 AM
rysdigital
the end has come

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
He isn't wiser.

"What if we didn't do something"

What I reckon is they DIDN'T do something - see the bearded guy, there is a good probability that they were meant to meet him. But they missed the"exact" time.

Not to mention that every answer that has been poised at Neo has been answered correctly.

uhm, i recommend u watch it again. they came at the right moment, because the merovingian showed them his trick with the desert (cake), pissing persephone off.

couple of minutes later, in the elevator. 'we are still alive.' -> they see persephone, who leads them to the keymaker (the person they came for, not some meaningless bearded guy we know nothing about)

trust me on this, that bearded guy means nothing, it's just some punk that wouldn't pay his restaurant bill.

if neo is so wise, why does he ask morpheus all these things anyway smile morpheus is definately the leader of our pack of three heroes (and the whole rebellion basically), it's being emphasized throughout both movies.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 07:19 PM
rysdigital is currently offline Click here to Send rysdigital a Private Message Find more posts by rysdigital Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crisis
Mr.Keanu Dude

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
I have a feeling that he is going to get Niobe back smile Actually, its a high possibility.

In the revolutions prewview at the end of ETM it shows Niobe and ghost in the matrix

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 09:23 AM
Crisis is currently offline Click here to Send Crisis a Private Message Find more posts by Crisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

i think sifer meant "get her back" in the romantic sense, aliasneo.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 04:15 PM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crisis
Mr.Keanu Dude

quote:
Originally posted by nickjs21
i think sifer meant "get her back" in the romantic sense, aliasneo.

oh confused , sorry

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 05:11 PM
Furius
Christ's Right Hand Man

i think he'll finally land that move where he jumps dead high in the air and tries to pummel his opponent with a killer blow that he tries against neo in the dojo and against the agent on top of the lorry. its about time he landed it.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 11:16 PM
Furius is currently offline Click here to Send Furius a Private Message Find more posts by Furius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Haha! Too right!

Notice he takes up his 'mythical' role a lot in Reloaded... in the line, for instance, Goodnight, Zion, sweet dreams - Morpheus was the god of dreams, and notice how Hamann says that Zion is peaceful.

~AI

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 11:26 PM
Metroplex

quote:
Originally posted by Furius
i think he'll finally land that move where he jumps dead high in the air and tries to pummel his opponent with a killer blow that he tries against neo in the dojo and against the agent on top of the lorry. its about time he landed it.

laughing out loud hahahah.

Well he is still the leader of the crew so he must be leading and directing them in Revolutions.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 11:54 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Pity he hasn't got a ship, innit.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2003 12:30 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yup...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 4th, 2003 12:35 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote