KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Whats better Marvel or DC.

Whats better Marvel or DC.
Started by: Rawcus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rawcus
Mutant_boy

Cool Whats better Marvel or DC.

the ultimate showdown Marvel or Dc. who do you recon the better is Happy Dance

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 02:05 PM
Rawcus is currently offline Click here to Send Rawcus a Private Message Find more posts by Rawcus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batmanrules

marvel has all the cool characters like wolverine daredevil punisher, but d.c has batman so theyre about the same (maybe d.c)

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 05:14 PM
batmanrules is currently offline Click here to Send batmanrules a Private Message Find more posts by batmanrules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

I'd say marvel overall because their universe is so detailed, and the overall characters are jsut better...

but D.C. will forever be known as the Superman comics. And Superman is the best superhero out of all of them.

but marvel comes out on top overall

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 09:58 PM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rawcus
Mutant_boy

i think there both difernt marvel oppose more mutants and people who were once nrmall if u cacth my drifft

"loosers brag about how there gonna win , winners go home and f**K the prom queen"

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 04:25 PM
Rawcus is currently offline Click here to Send Rawcus a Private Message Find more posts by Rawcus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Fantastic
screw DC

Marvel is by far better. You have more realistic characters that have weaknesses, as opposed to DC characters who basically cant be beat, such as Superman or Wonder Woman. Marvel also brings more variety into their comics and movies.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 01:18 AM
Mr. Fantastic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Fantastic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Fantastic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yeah, Marvel all the way. It has far more 'human' characters that we could relate to, whearas DC are mainly wooden. Mostly what Mr.Fantastic said.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 03:18 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Friend44

Do you mean comics, movies or sales?

Let's take a look!

Comics:
Dc is a company that has been there before Marvel. They "invented" the way comics are told and are structured. They've also come up with original ideas before Marvel. So, although Marvel is good, innovative and imaginative, it's basically a company who looked at Dc and said, let's take a piece of that pie.

Movies:
Dc was always supreme in that field because of it's longevity. A Superman project was easier to convince investors - who on this world would ask "who's Superman?". Today though, Marvel has gone in high gear. They've taken "obscure" characters and put them under the main light. They've given them the royal treatment. Marvel has used the best for their movies and are making the industry even better itself. At this time, Marvel is king of the cinema!

Sales:
I don't know much about these but I've read that Marvel almost went bankrupt a few times...

Friend.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 12:14 PM
Friend44 is currently offline Click here to Send Friend44 a Private Message Find more posts by Friend44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Fantastic
screw DC

They actually made a series of four Marvel vs. DC comic books.
The series featured these battles:
Superman vs. Hulk
Spiderman vs. Superboy
Wonder Woman vs. Storm
Wolverine vs. Lobo
Captain America vs. Batman
Flash vs. Quicksilver
Aquaman vs. Submariner
Team Blackhawk vs. The Fantastic Four

I personally pick Marvel as the best.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 06:59 PM
Mr. Fantastic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Fantastic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Fantastic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

Marvel is by far the better comic. The characters are much more realistic and human, they aren't all unbeatable and they deal with much more darker issues other than just saving the world all the time. I mean where else are you going to find a blind superhero or heros who are hated because of their powers and not always praised and loved for them. big grin

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 09:05 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supershane
hey hey hey

I like DC because they have the teen titans but marvel has the x-men and spider-man so there pretty much even when it comes down to it

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 10:49 PM
supershane is currently offline Click here to Send supershane a Private Message Find more posts by supershane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krypto

D.C. is the better pick because of the superheroes that are actually "super". Marvel makes their superheroes have limits and boundaries or human traits. D.C., the distributors of superman, made superman have no limits nor boundaries on the planet earth, he can do anything at any time.

To make the comics exciting and interesting to read they made one weakness of superman, kryptonite, which although may hurt him is not easy to come by on the planet earth and if there ever was he could detect and destroy it.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 06:50 PM
krypto is currently offline Click here to Send krypto a Private Message Find more posts by krypto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Fantastic
screw DC

Marvel gives their heroes boundaries so readers are able to relate to them. How can you relate to someone who has to save the world all the time? Marvel characters take it one small step at a time. Plus, they always leave you wanting their stories to continue.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 06:59 PM
Abbita

Too right Mr. Fantastic. yes

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 11:00 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gambit88
Blackout

Marvel
well in an all out war like trying to kill each other marvel would win just cuz of all the psychics

oh and about dc making comics and marvel copying no way dc started marvel redefined it and make it way better if they just took it and made new characters then it wouldn't make sense

in a sale thing marvel is winning now cuz of all there movies made great publicity for the comics

in who has the better characters i would say marvel again i mean marvel gives you scenerios where things could have happened like a good reason while dc gives you "they came from another planet" crap for every comic they got it's annoying

chickens fun chickens good chickens part of the neighborhood

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 03:29 AM
gambit88 is currently offline Click here to Send gambit88 a Private Message Find more posts by gambit88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
X5452

Marvel is the either the largest comic retailer either in the world or in US (soz can't remember, anyway US is one of the largest and weathliest countries...) NUFF SAID!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 05:55 PM
X5452 is currently offline Click here to Send X5452 a Private Message Find more posts by X5452 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic
Marvel is by far better. You have more realistic characters that have weaknesses, as opposed to DC characters who basically cant be beat, such as Superman or Wonder Woman. Marvel also brings more variety into their comics and movies.

When people say this, I always assume that they've never actually read DC comics. It might be unfair, but anyone who can watch the entire JLA be slaughtered and then complain that the characters can't be beaten is hard to take seriously. I'm also assuming that you don't read Teen Titans or Young Justice, since neither of those teams has any excessively powerful characters.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 06:36 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

According to the last Diamond Comics Distributors report, Marvel sells roughly 1 out of every 2 comics, and on the list of the top 10 comic books in terms of sales, they have places 1 through 10. So fiscally, Marvel is kicking ass at the moment.

I also prefer Marvel in regards to their characters and universe, for the reason's stated above by various posters, more realistic personalities, weaknesses, conflicts, and a broader range of characters and stories, from deep space, Starjammer Sci-Fi to urban, Daredevil crime and everything inbetween.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 07:21 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

quote:
Originally posted by Gregory
When people say this, I always assume that they've never actually read DC comics. It might be unfair, but anyone who can watch the entire JLA be slaughtered and then complain that the characters can't be beaten is hard to take seriously. I'm also assuming that you don't read Teen Titans or Young Justice, since neither of those teams has any excessively powerful characters.

Right on ....

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 04:37 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sunspot
One of a Kind

quote:
Originally posted by Friend44
Do you mean comics, movies or sales?

Let's take a look!

Comics:
Dc is a company that has been there before Marvel. They "invented" the way comics are told and are structured. They've also come up with original ideas before Marvel. So, although Marvel is good, innovative and imaginative, it's basically a company who looked at Dc and said, let's take a piece of that pie.

Movies:
Dc was always supreme in that field because of it's longevity. A Superman project was easier to convince investors - who on this world would ask "who's Superman?". Today though, Marvel has gone in high gear. They've taken "obscure" characters and put them under the main light. They've given them the royal treatment. Marvel has used the best for their movies and are making the industry even better itself. At this time, Marvel is king of the cinema!

Sales:
I don't know much about these but I've read that Marvel almost went bankrupt a few times...

Friend.

marvel all the way obviously, cause they looked at DC and said: "let's take a piece of that pie, and transform it into something better!"

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 07:09 PM
Sunspot is currently offline Click here to Send Sunspot a Private Message Find more posts by Sunspot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
svex
Restricted

Account Restricted

U FOOL

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RaventheOnly
Right on ....

ITS CALLED HEIGHT OF BASTARDITY, U R ALSO A CHEAT CUM TALENTLESS ***** I THINK

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 10:14 PM
svex is currently offline Click here to Send svex a Private Message Find more posts by svex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote