KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » will michael caine make a good alfred?

will michael caine make a good alfred?
Started by: Keysersoze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Keysersoze

will michael caine make a good alfred?

hmmmmm theres something about michael caine that brings out a rough round the edges hero saying some of the most memorable quotes as "you were only suppost to blow the bloody doors off!" "Hello Harry!" "My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures" and my favourite "Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath." but can he play the mild mannered guiding butler for BATMAN?! please discuss!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 05:05 PM
Keysersoze is currently offline Click here to Send Keysersoze a Private Message Find more posts by Keysersoze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

I don't think so. He doesn't look the part. He's just not alfred you know?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 05:16 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypester
Not as Hype as I'd like

um... is he an actor? Does he have white hair? Is he white skinned? I have a feeling he'll do quite nicely. Even from those quotes there:

"My understanding of women..." shows that he can deliver great lines believably... butlers are meek, not weak.. and subtle humor is one of their strong suits... even if the actual Character alfred isn't a womanizer...

"You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" He sounds authentically english... cool...

"Be Like a duck..." once again, he's got comedy timing AND knows how to act like he's giving advice...

I like him already... he is going to need some hair work to really 'look' like alfred... do they still have those at WB?

MY question was who is Katie Holmes going to play?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 07:24 PM
Hypester is currently offline Click here to Send Hypester a Private Message Find more posts by Hypester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

Some idiotic love interest for Batman. Why? Because it's hollywood. smile

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 07:54 PM
VengeanceGOD is currently offline Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypester
Not as Hype as I'd like

but... Batman have love interests!

What if she plays Vesper Fairchild! That was a good storyline... what if she... gasp... dies like in Batman: Fugitive storyline... that would so rock...

but if they make the love thing idiotic (like Forever, ugh) then yeah, that's bad... but it CAN be done right...

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 09:08 PM
Hypester is currently offline Click here to Send Hypester a Private Message Find more posts by Hypester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i didn't expect caine to play alfred, with his high actor status/presense.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 12:03 PM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote