KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Who could take down The Incredible Hulk?

Who could take down The Incredible Hulk?
Started by: Wonderman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Barf Who could take down The Incredible Hulk?

Back in the seventies, when I was a boy, there was an issue, now classic cover, of The Thing vs. The Hulk. They were the two strong guys eveyone wanted to know about, so it was only fair that they had to fight. I don't remember the scenes of the issue but i doubt The Thing stood a chance other than using the stupidity of Hulk against him. (You can lead a horse to water...)
Anyhow what others, except for Cosmic generators like The beyonder or Celestials or Death..., stand a chance of bringing down #1.
My pick would be Thor - With his power belt on his strength is doubled. Plus he can summon a Storm of huge porportions and then strike with lightning, throw his hammer, and land some punches. If he finished him quick enough, before Hulk had time to get even madder, he may be able to knock him out solo.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 06:26 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Gladiator from the Shi'ar might be able to. Silver Surfer perhaps....

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 07:01 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok there are two guys I knwo for sure who have beatn the hulk more then once spiderman and wolverine. wolverine has foughten hulk a lot more then spiderman and he has beaten the hulk so amny tiems I lost count

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 08:01 PM
wolverine8888 is currently offline Click here to Send wolverine8888 a Private Message Find more posts by wolverine8888 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperNova
Restricted

Account Restricted

Namor, infact, he already has... Then theres Juggernaut... Hmm... And im pretty sure The punisher could do it... with the right SUPER weapons of course.

(Made by Godshinto)
CARNAGE! YOU WILL PAY FOR EVERY DROP OF INNOCENT BLOOD, WITH A GALLON OF YOUR OWN!--Venom.
BUT I NEED TACOS! I NEED TACOS OR I WILL EXPLODE!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 08:11 PM
SuperNova is currently offline Click here to Send SuperNova a Private Message Find more posts by SuperNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

juggernut lost thou

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 08:30 PM
wolverine8888 is currently offline Click here to Send wolverine8888 a Private Message Find more posts by wolverine8888 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Classic Juggernaut vs. Hulk would be quite a match. NOW Hulk would smear his ass all over the pavement.

Thor? Maybe. Hulk has already stomped him I **think** 5 out of the 7 times they have met. Might be 4/7.

Silver Surfer yes; Gladiator? Wooo, nice one there. Gladiator's strength is contingent on his confidence, akin to Hulk's strength increasing exponentially in proportion to his anger.

Spiderman and Wolverine have a snowball's chance in hell of beating Hulk.

Namor will beat Hulk in the water. Out of water Hulk would stomp his ass.

Punisher? Please.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 10:12 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Wolverine has survived every encounter with the Hulk, most if not all of them resulting in a draw. I don't think we'll ever get a clear cut winner although I do side with the Hulk.

So what if Gladiator's strength depends on his confidence? There's no measure or limit to that, so his strength can theoretically increase potentially. He's the Superman of the Marvel universe, except without a cap on his powers, and Superman has beat the Hulk before (more or less, it was the wussy Banner/Hulk amalgamation in DC vs. Marvel)

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 01:51 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beavis46

silver surfer can take the hulk
namor can if he drags him underwater
the maestro (a future version of the hulk)can cos he's a lot stronger and smarter

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 03:54 PM
beavis46 is currently offline Click here to Send beavis46 a Private Message Find more posts by beavis46 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
There's no measure or limit to that, so his strength can theoretically increase potentially.

That is incorrect. The uppermost limits of his strength are unknown, however - but it does not increase with his confidence. I should have said that he remains strong as long as he remains confident.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 11:02 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Namor would be smashed on land or water...THor has already been stomped a few times too...as well as Juggernaut...the only person who ever beat the Hulk legit, was the Thing in his Spike for....i dont count that superman mess cuz that is jus dumb voting crap...

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 01:29 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Okay, thank you for clarifying, most of the sources I have clash or don't clearly define that point. But I still think he'd put up a good fight, maybe not take him down though.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 02:59 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

No, i think gladiator is out of hulks league. though hulk would eventually reach gladiator's strength level, i think gladiator would be able to knock hulk out cold before he got that mad.
Gladiator recieved a full force punch from the juggernaut and wasn't even fazed.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 03:51 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

No, Gladiator is not out of Hulk's league. Gladiator has been defeated by MUCH weaker foes.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 04:49 AM
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

wolverine in almost all the ties was kicken hulk ass and liek i said lots of the ties hulk pass out after they stop fighting

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 05:08 AM
tkitna

The Abomination. He's already beaten him before.

I suppose that Hercules could go toe to toe with him, but he would more than likely eventually lose.

Wonder Man???? Doubtful!

By Stoic

Last edited by tkitna on Apr 10th, 2004 at 07:47 AM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 07:44 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beavis46

quote:
Originally posted by Wynndar
Namor would be smashed on land or water...THor has already been stomped a few times too...as well as Juggernaut...the only person who ever beat the Hulk legit, was the Thing in his Spike for....i dont count that superman mess cuz that is jus dumb voting crap...

Namor HAS beaten hulk underwater by trapping him in a whirlpool,he admitted hulk was stronger on land but not water.gotta agree that the superman fight was ridiculous

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 12:13 PM
beavis46 is currently offline Click here to Send beavis46 a Private Message Find more posts by beavis46 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperNova
Restricted

Account Restricted

Namor HAS beaten hulk out of water too, he beat the bloody shit out of him! WOLVERINE? Fat chance! That stupid overated monkey would get his ass whipped like cake batter!
Namor could trash hulks ass, HE HAS DONE IT OUT OF WATER, AND IN!

Attachment: images.jpg
This has been downloaded 133 time(s).

(Made by Godshinto)
CARNAGE! YOU WILL PAY FOR EVERY DROP OF INNOCENT BLOOD, WITH A GALLON OF YOUR OWN!--Venom.
BUT I NEED TACOS! I NEED TACOS OR I WILL EXPLODE!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 03:09 PM
SuperNova is currently offline Click here to Send SuperNova a Private Message Find more posts by SuperNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
I suppose that Hercules could go toe to toe with him, but he would more than likely eventually lose.

Hulk beat Hercules within one inch of his life. Odin had to intervene.

quote:
The Abomination. He's already beaten him before.

The Abomintion has stated, quote: "I cannot defeat The Hulk." Negative.

No way in hell Namor takes down Mindless Hulk. Grey Hulk, perhaps. Savage Hulk, better catch him off-guard. I think Namor and Thor together fought Hulk before. Cannot find the URL that lists EVERY encounter Hulk had with Thor, Hercules, Namor, and The Abomination.

Wolverine fought the GREY HULK in Hulk #341. And he could not beat him. Mindless Hulk would DESTROY Wolverine. The entire Avengers squad could not stop Mindless Hulk (Human Torch, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Starfox) - Wolverine is supposed to be able to? laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 03:53 PM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Empath could make him calm so he couldn't get any stronger, but he has no superstrength so he couldn't knock him out with a punch. Speaking of Gladiator, did anyone read that issue when he took out an entire galactic fleet(in Thor, i think). He can speed up to a level where normal time is at a standstill. He totally wiped out an entire armada.
Namor only has 80ton strength underwater-whcich doesn't declassify him, if someone who could lift 80 pounds hit someone who could lift 100 pounds, it's still up for grabs.
Still i mean a slug fest. I'd like to see surfer go fist to fist without using cosmic powers.
My all time faviorate Hero in Marvel is Wonder-Man! He is cosmic ion generated. His strength level is 95tons and he is virtually inexustable. His very wimpyness makes him, coincedently(him being my fav.), highly likely the most able.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 04:34 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Im gonna go with Jack of Hearts, his powers consist of absorbing radiation, he would absrobs Hulks gamma radiation which is what turned him into the Hulk therefore leaving Banner defenseless which could be taken down easily! These rdiation absrobing powers of his were most recently seen in the Avengers comic book in which he helped the Avengers take down not only The Hulk but She-Hulk as well!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 04:35 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote