KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Showdown - Longshot against Sinister

Showdown - Longshot against Sinister
Started by: Wonder Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Showdown - Longshot against Sinister

Longshot is cooler than Spiderman and cuter too. He has hollow bones and three fingers and is an artifical life form. He is protected by Good fortune and when he faced off the Juggernaut, even Juggy couldn't touch him. He played a piviot role in stoping Sinister which heardald in two of the greatest characters marvel ever created, Nate(Cable) and Bishop. Longshot has made many friends and has the ability to make enemies not want to engage him on their own front.
Hes' not all powerfull, but with even a little good fortune, he can turn the tide of any battle against even the most powerfull evil
His power also works on bad fortune so if he were attacked by good they would be in the same shoes as evil. It is intensly humorous how it will make him stumble and fall while leaving him the last one standing.
He also has iron spikes he can counter any magic users with. He can pretty much do the impossible, like stopping Juggernaut or defeating any baddie.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 06:06 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ironman 66

sinister would kick long shots ass

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 07:15 PM
Ironman 66 is currently offline Click here to Send Ironman 66 a Private Message Find more posts by Ironman 66 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

I've never been a fan of Longshot or his mullet. I vote Sinister. He's a genius, indestructible and has been more successful in his campaigns than Apocalypse or Magneto.

"I want to save the world and I have the power to do it." -- Cable.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 10:54 PM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Sinister would beat Longshot so easily that it wouldn't be even fun to watch.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2004 01:24 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Well Juggernaut couldn't lay a finger on Longshot, even when he droped a building on him. Longshot has taken on some heavy evil and tip toed through "unscratched". At first glance, Sinister seems the sure fav. but longshot has good luck for himself and bad luck for others. His power can turn Sinisters fav. against him and give himself fortune at the same time, while he is battleing Mr. S. Think about who is after him, powerhouses like Mephestio, Spiral, he fought Sinister with X, Juggernaut... wink

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Sep 6th, 2004 07:17 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paptimus
Can't keep away from EBay

A threat that forces me to choose between my favorite hero and villain respectively. Blasphemy!

Ultimately, I would call it a draw, and not for immediate reasons. Longshot's luck would keep him away from Sinister's concussive blasts and his alien physiology would mean Sinister could not simply shut down his mutant powers, as we have seen him do to Nate Grey in X-Man 18-19.

On the other hand, Sinister is all but indestructible. If he came back after the flesh was blasted off his bones in Inferno, a bunch of knives aren't going to kill him.

Eventually Sinister would get fed up and leave. He has better things to do.

"Oh, I don’t know about that… you just have to be born lucky, I guess." - Longshot, to Domino, X-Force #59

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 09:01 PM
Paptimus is currently offline Click here to Send Paptimus a Private Message Find more posts by Paptimus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

quote:
Originally posted by Maelstrom
Well Juggernaut couldn't lay a finger on Longshot, even when he droped a building on him. Longshot has taken on some heavy evil and tip toed through "unscratched".

All luck, hahahahaha. If Longshot's lucky, he'll find a way to take Sinister down.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 09:08 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Longshot? A marvel character we haven't seen in about 12 years? Obviousely his luck is run out....

Sinister

Forever Young...

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 09:40 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

In X-factor 39 Longshot throws a knife at sinsiter... who is simultaneously holding back Dazzler, Storm, Jeany grey and iceman's attacks and still reflects it.

Longshot gets captured and Sinister clones him for his own uses. Because Sinister is just that badass.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 11:38 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paptimus

I have X-Factor 39, and while Sinister does reflect Longshot's blade while holding back four simultaneous attacks, he never gets captured. Unless, of course, this happened in later issues. But I think the business of a Longshot clone would be well documented. It should also be noted that in this issue the only attack that harms Sinister is Cyclops' optic beams.

Not to down Sinister, who is without dispute the single most effective, most well-written Marvel villain. But give Longshot credit where he's due, and note the fact that Sinister never attacked him. So we really don't know what would have happened had he, we can only judge the results of past Longshot battles. And truth be told, Sinister's effectiveness came from the fact that he was battling mutants. Longshot is not a mutant, so Sinister could not mess with his powers.

"Oh, I don’t know about that… you just have to be born lucky, I guess." - Longshot, to Domino, X-Force #59

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 01:47 AM
Paptimus is currently offline Click here to Send Paptimus a Private Message Find more posts by Paptimus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

That capturing part is what i believe would happen in their fight, not what did happen. Sorry for the confusion.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 02:05 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paptimus

Hmm... that begs the question: could Sinister clone Longshot? We know that being from the Mojoverse Longshot has an alien physiology (i.e. two hearts) so the question arises: could Sinister clone Longshot? And if he could, would the clone have the same powers as the original?

Personally, I think Sinister would get annoyed with Longshot and leave. He's a busy man, especially after Apocalypse's death and all. But yes, in a long-term fight Longshot would most certainly lose. He simply doesn't have the experience or firepower necessary to take down someone like Sinister.

But hey, give Longshot points for trying, and probably lasting a lot longer with his luck factor than most opponents Sinister's gone up against.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 02:16 AM
Paola
Ronin

Longshot is back in "Ultimate"

by Scythe

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 05:30 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

He get me hard

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 05:50 PM
Paptimus

Yes, I've seen a few shots of Ultimates Longshot floating around the threads. Does anyone know the story behind the 'modern' Longshot?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 10:58 PM
guy222
With my gal

LS

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 28th, 2009 10:59 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

I can't think of any way Longshot can beat Sinister without venturing into the ridiculously far-fetched.

Sinister, 10/10.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2009 11:20 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Mind rap ftw and theres nothing Longshot can do to hurt him.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2009 02:23 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote