KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Supporting The "Bad Guys"

Supporting The "Bad Guys"
Started by: Lenord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lenord

Supporting The "Bad Guys"

I have lately gone back to reading FF's earliest adventures and I found myself sometimes really hating the FF and rooting for the bad guys to beat the shit out of them. The ones that really pissed me off was thier encounters with Namor and The Inhumans. I never relised these but Namor was a decent and honorable and always had a very valid point for doing what he does. I mean this is a guy who fought for the allies during the war, and how does humanity (America) thank him.... they test nuclear bombs in the ocean near his city and distroy it, and probably killed some of his people in the process while the rest had to leave thier homes and find some other place to live.... Now I don't know about you but if I recovered my memory and found that the people who I had helped in thier hour of need had gone and bombed my country, I would take that as a decleration of war.... So his first reaction for retribution can be understood, but later on after he finally found his people all he wanted was to protect them so he asked Reed to deliver a message to the humans demanding that they stop polluting the waters with thier oil and rubbish or he would declair war on the human race and what does Reed do..... He goes to the UN and tells them that he is a dangerous man and to strike at Namor (unknown to him Namor was in disguise attending the confrenece). And it always pissed me off how easily they seemed to defeat Namor (even on his home ground where he is too powerful).

And then there is their encounter with the inhumans, which really pissed me off since it was the flame boy that started that whole fight by invading thier base by pretending to be one of them. If someone did that to them the FF would be angry and beat the intruder but they think it is somehow fine for them to do that to someone else for no reason at all (than the fact that Johnny was attracted to one of the inhumans).

And what really pissed me off about all of this is the FF's self-righteousness and sense of superiority (especially Reed). If anyone has a different view from them they view them as wrong (like the inhumans decision to live seperately from humans), and they try and force thier idea onto others. Not to mention thier constant habbit of invading other peoples country and homes....

They pissed me off so much that I was rooting for Namor and Inhumans and these is not the only time that I have been so pissed off with a hero that I wished they would get the crap beat out of them by the bad guys.

So now that I have got that out of my system, its your turn. Have you read a storyline that really pissed you off and had you rooting for the enemy to win.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 08:50 AM
Lenord is currently offline Click here to Send Lenord a Private Message Find more posts by Lenord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayson
the killer of threads

off hand, i can't really think of any specific title but i have alway's hated the way the avengers/fantastic four imposed there will on the x-men. this thread though is one of the best i've seen on this forum.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 09:56 AM
jayson is currently offline Click here to Send jayson a Private Message Find more posts by jayson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

yea, a good thread. i always root for juggernaut. i hope he kicks the crap out of the x-men, hulk, x-force, thor and any other super powered being there is.

what makes this all so bad, is i dont have a reason for doing so. i just like the character.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 12:04 PM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayson
the killer of threads

I don't need an excuse to hate pious overbearing people. they call out to be beating like the stole something. this is why i like the authority.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 12:17 PM
jayson is currently offline Click here to Send jayson a Private Message Find more posts by jayson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I like Cap. But pretty much anytime he fights someone, I always hope that he gets his ass handed to him. He needs it once in awhile.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 03:56 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayson
the killer of threads

i agree. it keeps him grounded.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 03:58 PM
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Well I rout for any villin fighting aqauman just cause I hate the guy.

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 04:24 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayson
the killer of threads

can someone please put a contract out on lois lane.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 04:31 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"He needs it once in awhile."

He needs it once, end of story.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 05:19 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Is Doom considered a "bad" guy ? If so, my vote goes to him. It's the only bad guy who can beat up every hero without making me hate him.

The man has style.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 06:25 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Doom goes into the "bad-guy" category, among most of Marvel's governments and heroes, and some other bad-guys, at least. But you can never go wrong cheering for Doom.wink

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 06:38 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

The thing is, dr. Doom considers himself a good and noble human being, and not a villain. Too bad for the other heroes they don't see it that way.(And from time to time he can be noble).

But okay, let's put him in the "bad guys"-files...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 06:45 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Yeah, that's kinda how I see it. Damn biased superheroes.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 06:57 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

one thing that really pissed me of had to be in the latter years of X-men titles, when the subject matter became a little bit more "grown up" more than ever Xaiver has been going off on a rant how much humans and mutants need to work together blah blah blah. and his downright refusal to fight back or defend himself when he's attacked by angry mobs or the U.S Gov. hes always like, "no.......there must be another way!" or my fave, "no.......dont do it , or we'll be no better than them"

rigghhhht, just let PPl wail on you b-cuz you want to show them that you're the bigger man, and above their standards, yeah, that makes perfect sense.

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 07:15 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

I have always supported bad guys that do bad in bads name while our heros do bad in the name of good.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 07:22 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

quote:
Originally posted by Maelstrom
I have always supported bad guys that do bad in bads name while our heros do bad in the name of good.

Although not flairily written, that is exactly what I wanted to say. It's like America and the Middle East. We pretend to be righteous, but we are the most inhumane and disgusting of any country, simply because everything we do is lied about and covered up. We ***** about them being terrorists, terrorists is just what the big army calls the little army.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 07:42 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GreatMuta
The Natural Born Master

In the past i've always rooted for Magneto! I can't stand the X-men and all 116 of their incarnations!!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 03:31 PM
GreatMuta is currently offline Click here to Send GreatMuta a Private Message Find more posts by GreatMuta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote:
Originally posted by GreatMuta
In the past i've always rooted for Magneto! I can't stand the X-men and all 116 of their incarnations!!

(please log in to view the image)

Hm, it's not like Magneto is a stranger to incarnations wink. Oh yeah, before I forget, Magneto sucks. Without his powers, he's nothing.

And yes, I know, that goes for lots of people (both hero or villain), but especially for Magneto.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 04:35 PM
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

I personally think Magneto's more of the rebellion leader type than anything. Only thing that sets him apart from Xavier is his past experiences and philosophy. They both agree in each other's philosophy to an extent, but Magneto's willing to take action to get his point accross, which Xavier disagree's with, and he doesn't have the patience to wait around for the normal people to accept mutants like Xavier, cause he knows it ain't gonna happen, and he right, and I think Xavier just might agree with him on that too. He's done his share of bad-guy things in his time, but I don't know if I'd call him a bad guy.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 04:40 PM
Kontraz
Soundwave: Superior

In MOST comics, i typically go for the good guys. I dont know why. Except for Venom, though he is more of a fence-rider in most situations.

Now, in Transformers.... well... Lets just say that the energon pulsing through my veins is of decepticon origin wink

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 07:37 PM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote