KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » forced into Elektra hell

forced into Elektra hell
Started by: ragesRemorse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

forced into Elektra hell

Every other saturday my friends and i go to the cinema. Each time we go, the movie to be seen is chosen by whom ever turn it is. We all have to sit through the decision whether we agree with it or not. Yeah, well this time around i got to sit through Elektra. I still believe that my friend hudge chose this movie because he knew how much i loathed the idea of the film, and last trip i made everyone sit through finding neverland. I made that decision fully aware of how much hudge did not want to see it. these trips to the theater have really turned into getting even with each other every time we go someone usually picks a flick based on how much they think someone else is going to hate it.

Now, i willingly went to see catwoman, iand i usually willingly got to see bad movies that i know full well to be bad. I have never sat through such a spectacle of shit such as this. Atleast catwoman had a fine body to look at. Sitting through this mistake of a film i got the intention that the writers, actors and entire production team really thought they had somthing here. With over dramtic dialogue and extreme over, under and just flat out poor acting the stars of this colon cancer really tried, and that is sad. I tried to let loose and keep an open mind that this trip into misery was going to be nothing more than eye candy. Even if i had been brainwashed manchurian candidate style i could not have taken away a single peice of entertainment. The slight intellect in me was laughing at me for not leaving, then started crying because i did infact sit through the entirety of the film. I tried at points to heckle the picture, but seeing how the wretchedness of the film leached into my mind, i was left a mindless zombie.

After the credits started rolling i sat for a few moments to try and gather what pieces of my intellect remained. I even stayed a few extra moments to process what just happened. I guess my state could be described similar to what they call shell shock, which is a common diagnoses given to post war veterans. I am still stunned from it and am trying to convince myself that Elektra was not designed from the Antichrist. You can surely add elektra to nearly endless examples of why not to make movies. I guess my friend hudge got his revenge. He actually enjoyed it. My other friends don't take movies to the heart as i do, but suffered similar ailments as i.

Yes people they will make anything. elektra was far worse than catwoman, and tarnishes the good qualities of the comic book universe. no miffed

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Jan 23rd, 2005 at 04:19 AM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 04:16 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Awesome, I'm seeing it tomorrow smile

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 04:45 AM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

laughing

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 04:49 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Im sorry you had to sit through such hell

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 05:00 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

Re: forced into Elektra hell

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Every other saturday my friends and i go to the cinema. Each time we go, the movie to be seen is chosen by whom ever turn it is. We all have to sit through the decision whether we agree with it or not. Yeah, well this time around i got to sit through Elektra. I still believe that my friend hudge chose this movie because he knew how much i loathed the idea of the film, and last trip i made everyone sit through finding neverland. I made that decision fully aware of how much hudge did not want to see it. these trips to the theater have really turned into getting even with each other every time we go someone usually picks a flick based on how much they think someone else is going to hate it.

Now, i willingly went to see catwoman, iand i usually willingly got to see bad movies that i know full well to be bad. I have never sat through such a spectacle of shit such as this. Atleast catwoman had a fine body to look at. Sitting through this mistake of a film i got the intention that the writers, actors and entire production team really thought they had somthing here. With over dramtic dialogue and extreme over, under and just flat out poor acting the stars of this colon cancer really tried, and that is sad. I tried to let loose and keep an open mind that this trip into misery was going to be nothing more than eye candy. Even if i had been brainwashed manchurian candidate style i could not have taken away a single peice of entertainment. The slight intellect in me was laughing at me for not leaving, then started crying because i did infact sit through the entirety of the film. I tried at points to heckle the picture, but seeing how the wretchedness of the film leached into my mind, i was left a mindless zombie.

After the credits started rolling i sat for a few moments to try and gather what pieces of my intellect remained. I even stayed a few extra moments to process what just happened. I guess my state could be described similar to what they call shell shock, which is a common diagnoses given to post war veterans. I am still stunned from it and am trying to convince myself that Elektra was not designed from the Antichrist. You can surely add elektra to nearly endless examples of why not to make movies. I guess my friend hudge got his revenge. He actually enjoyed it. My other friends don't take movies to the heart as i do, but suffered similar ailments as i.

Yes people they will make anything. elektra was far worse than catwoman, and tarnishes the good qualities of the comic book universe. no miffed

this is the funniest thing i've ever read and i completely agree with it

was it me or did garner try too hard to crack a tear in the sentimental scenes, i see her making this "crying" face for like 5 minutes and she never popped the damn tear out, i've seen grade-Q actors crack a damn tear, or at least grade-Q directors use fake tears lol

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 01:57 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Wow. Was it really that bad?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 08:12 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

well, for alot of people it was, but some people enjoy these kinds of movies

here are a ton of critic reviews, some of them are extremely funny http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/elektra/

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 11:37 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

it was that terrible...

thing about the reviews i didnt like was that they seemed to think us comic readers would lap this up... which is wrong because we'd be more critical than even them...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 11:47 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Yeah exactly, we hated Catwoman and we hate Elektra (well I don't since I didn'T see either cause I know I would die or at least not be the same afterwards), we did hate them didn't we? Daredevil sucked edit too.

Last edited by Paola on Jan 24th, 2005 at 11:13 AM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 12:01 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

... it what?

watch your language Mr Bardock... and why in the world you have two accounts?

by Scythe

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 11:12 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thoma5

Stupid movie storyline but for the action is great...

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 11:14 AM
Thoma5 is currently offline Click here to Send Thoma5 a Private Message Find more posts by Thoma5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

imo the action was really bad, if they didnt edit out the wires it would've looked better lol, i saw a zoomed out version of the last fight with the wind dude, they do the same movements throughout the whole scenes, but the extremely zoomed in camera effect they used in the movie made it a little less bad, but more confusing than ever lol

Last edited by Havoc470 on Jan 24th, 2005 at 01:21 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 01:17 PM