KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Most over-rated and under-rated Marvel characters

Most over-rated and under-rated Marvel characters
Started by: KharmaDog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Most over-rated and under-rated Marvel characters

After reading many posts here, and reading comics and talking about them for years, I definitely feel that there are some characters who are either way over-rated and over-exposed, and others that are really under-rated or not used to their full potential.

Over-rated
Wolverine - used to love this guy, but am just plain sick of the overexposure that he gets and the ridiculous scenarios that he seems to overcome.

Sabertooth - same powers as logan, yet seems to continually give the X-men trouble. How can they go up against the likes of Onslaught if they can't put away this over-rated chump?

Thing - I think this guy's fanboys bother more than anything. I'm sick of hearing how he's the best "brawler" in the Marvel universe.

Emma Frost - Hot for a comic book character, but just for the fact that some people think that she's almost as strong as colossus and would beat him in a hand to hand fight tells me that she's a wee bit over-rated.

Reed Richards - Possibly the most boring team leader in history with one of the lamest super-powers

Under rated

Vision - Interesting character and interesting powers, forever to be doomed to the role of support cast

Ulik - How is this guy never mentioned among the strong guys or brawlers?

Sasquatch - Was just defending him in a vs. thread and the more I read about him the cooler this dude gets. Way disrespected and underestimated character in my opinion.

I'm sure there are more, what do you folks think?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 04:11 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dazzler619

Hey wasn't this thread also in SHH?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 08:08 PM
Dazzler619 is currently offline Click here to Send Dazzler619 a Private Message Find more posts by Dazzler619 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

SHH?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 08:14 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
glo-unit

quote:
Originally posted by KharmaDog
SHH?

SuperHeroHype.com message baords aka SHH.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 12:12 AM
glo-unit is currently offline Click here to Send glo-unit a Private Message Find more posts by glo-unit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

under rated-
Nightcrawler
Shadowcat
beast

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 01:57 AM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Underrated: Batroc!

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 02:49 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

quote:
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
under rated-
Nightcrawler

No, not really.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 02:58 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

Over-rated

Batman - Gets waaay to much props on many boards..he's a cool character and all...but the Bats defeats anyone with "prep time" concept is getting a little bit ridiculous...

Captain America - Another cool character..but like the Bat, too many fanboys out there trying to give him the ability to overcome any situation with his "tactical skills"..

Underated

Black Bolt - This guy has taken down the Hulk, Thing, and Gladiator yet people still underestimate his power...

Quasar - Essentially the GL of Marvel, he has power over all forms of energy on the electromagnetic spectrum.. definately deserves more respect..

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 12:34 PM
whobdamandog is currently offline Click here to Send whobdamandog a Private Message Find more posts by whobdamandog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Most of marvel's charachters are over rated, except for their cosmic beings (galactus, heralds, etc)

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 01:14 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dami wilson

WOLVERINE AND THATS THAT!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 11:17 AM
dami wilson is currently offline Click here to Send dami wilson a Private Message Find more posts by dami wilson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Wolverine is way too over-rated. The amount of shite the fanboys say he can survive is just laughable.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 11:48 AM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

yea i agree, i like wolverine but is he THAT great. no way

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 06:25 AM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

WW is very underrated. I had to educate everybody on her.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 06:50 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anarchynerd
earth cadet

i like wolverine a lot, but it seems to me that he'd be cooler if they took him down to one book at a time. over-rated? maybe. but overexposed? DEFINITELY.

it would be hard to pick which book to keep him on, though. we finally have some real talent on his solo series with mark millar and jr jr. (was anyone else as disappointed by the writing and art in 1-19 as i was? ) but yeah, now that you have bendis, millar, and whedon all writing him, i wouldnt know who to take him from, cause i wanna know where he goes in each.

thing is, wolvie used to be a mystery, where now he's a poster boy. how does an anti-hero become one of marvel's most recognizable characters? yes, he's tough, but if you held him back a little, he'd be all that more tough when he finally broke loose again. do you agree?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 03:11 PM
anarchynerd is currently offline Click here to Send anarchynerd a Private Message Find more posts by anarchynerd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Colossus is underrated.

If you've got a daddy issue, here's a daddy tissue mate.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 09:17 PM
Ming Tea! is currently offline Click here to Send Ming Tea! a Private Message Find more posts by Ming Tea! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
Originally posted by David Duchovony
I think Colossus is underrated.

no shit... stick out tongue

i actually completely agree... big grin

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 09:21 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anarchynerd
earth cadet

how can colossus be underrated? he is enormously popular.

maybe you dont understand. overrated means they're not quality enough to be given as much credit credit as people do. inversely, underrated would mean someone who DOESNT get much credit, though they are actually deserving.

we all like colossus. he gets the credit, he is deserving. he's cool and everyone knows it. underrated in no way applies.

if you mean to say you wish more people would use him, then you mean underused, which i wont disagree with you about because thats an opinion. i love colossus and his resurrection was one of the few to be well done enough to not make me mad that they did it. personally, i think he gets plenty of panel time, and he deserves all of it. dont you think if they start giving him a lot more, we'll get tired of him, and they quality will start to decline, like wolverine until recently?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 09:58 PM
anarchynerd is currently offline Click here to Send anarchynerd a Private Message Find more posts by anarchynerd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Flash
Faster Than You

Reed is 'over rated' because he's boring and lame? Reed can beat almost anyone since he is one the smartest characters in Marvel.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 11:38 PM
The Flash is currently offline Click here to Send The Flash a Private Message Find more posts by The Flash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
Originally posted by anarchynerd
how can colossus be underrated? he is enormously popular.

maybe you dont understand. overrated means they're not quality enough to be given as much credit credit as people do. inversely, underrated would mean someone who DOESNT get much credit, though they are actually deserving.

we all like colossus. he gets the credit, he is deserving. he's cool and everyone knows it. underrated in no way applies.

if you mean to say you wish more people would use him, then you mean underused, which i wont disagree with you about because thats an opinion. i love colossus and his resurrection was one of the few to be well done enough to not make me mad that they did it. personally, i think he gets plenty of panel time, and he deserves all of it. dont you think if they start giving him a lot more, we'll get tired of him, and they quality will start to decline, like wolverine until recently?

i wasn't talking about panel time, i was stalking about capability, its still astounds me how some people look at him as a punchbag for the thing, and that they completely underestimate the durability of his organic steel skin...

he's my second fave marvel char of all, i just want to see him get his due...

i meant under-rated, there is no way that guy is overrated...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 11:59 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Colossus cut a bad break I think.

I don't really like the X-Men and I think in the years of everyone, including Cyclops, playing second fiddle to Wolverine, not to mention the many different series of X-Men comics, he just got lost in the mix.

X-Men has had under 5 consistently worthwhile characters, some on rep only. It's a shame Colossus suffered.

Deadpool hasn't ever got the credit he deserves.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 12:26 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote