KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » how hard is adamantium?

how hard is adamantium?
Started by: wolverex84

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wolverex84

how hard is adamantium?

guys, i was woundering just how hard is this metal that is said to be indistructable; adamantium, is there any other metal that can come close to it?, what can dent adamantium, break or even penetrate adamantium?, who can bend adamantium apart from magneto, so tell me what u feel.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 07:19 PM
wolverex84 is currently offline Click here to Send wolverex84 a Private Message Find more posts by wolverex84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

Adamantium is the hardest known metal in the comic universe.
It can only be dented by other adamantium or a cosmic type power-based. The only metals to really come close to it are vibranium and one other metal(I forgot the name). Who can bend it, anybody who has a strong upper level magnetic or cosmic power base and can warp matter like magneto,surfer,prime,or galactus, or thanos with infinity gauntlet.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 07:38 PM
jplatinum is currently offline Click here to Send jplatinum a Private Message Find more posts by jplatinum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

thanos with infinity gauntlet why IG thanos is stonger than surfer without IG

and with IG thanos broke Cap america's shield which i beilieve is adamantium.

my guess is any powerful comic being can break adamantium

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 07:53 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

King Thor smashed and damaged Cap's shield with Mjolnir.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 08:03 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

how hard is adamantium?
well, i was at a strip-club here in chicago last week and there was this hot.....

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 08:07 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
Originally posted by jplatinum
Adamantium is the hardest known metal in the comic universe.
It can only be dented by other adamantium or a cosmic type power-based. The only metals to really come close to it are vibranium and one other metal(I forgot the name). Who can bend it, anybody who has a strong upper level magnetic or cosmic power base and can warp matter like magneto,surfer,prime,or galactus, or thanos with infinity gauntlet.

Wooo, this is all wrong.

Someone used an adamantium-tipped needle to give Hulk an injection. It broke.

Thor either hit Hulk with Mjolnir or punched him (I forget which; Hulk #300) and he fly into a solid adamantium statue. His head left a hole in it.

He picked it up. His fingers cracked the adamantium.

I forgot the exact order, but The Destroyer's armor, enchanted uru, and a Celestial's armor are all supposed to be "tougher" than adamantium.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 08:24 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JWangSDC

Adamantium is kinda like hard diamonds...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 08:36 PM
JWangSDC is currently offline Click here to Send JWangSDC a Private Message Find more posts by JWangSDC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverex84

i think they have degaraded the true properties of how hard adamantium really is, if it is the hardest metal in all the comic universe, then why should it be breakable?, the only person that should be able to bend adamantium should be magneto, because of his ability to manipulate metals. adamantium is meant to be the superman of all other metal or elements. adamantium is meant to be indestructable, how the hell do they make other characters to break or dent adamantium, thats not right
and has for captain america's shield being smached, i believe it was said that his shield comtained no traces of adamantitum, only varabium and iron, yet his shield is the hardest metal in marvel, how de hell do this can it be dent, it is indestructable.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 08:43 PM
wolverex84 is currently offline Click here to Send wolverex84 a Private Message Find more posts by wolverex84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Has Uru ever been damaged?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:16 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote:
Originally posted by Never
Wooo, this is all wrong.

Someone used an adamantium-tipped needle to give Hulk an injection. It broke.

Thor either hit Hulk with Mjolnir or punched him (I forget which; Hulk #300) and he fly into a solid adamantium statue. His head left a hole in it.

He picked it up. His fingers cracked the adamantium.

I forgot the exact order, but The Destroyer's armor, enchanted uru, and a Celestial's armor are all supposed to be "tougher" than adamantium.

That was in the Ultimate universe. The ultimate line of comics do not have relevance here unless the thread starter specifically states they are talking about them.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:23 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Has uru ever been damaged?
Well, there was that time I had a one-night-stand with this yoga instructor....

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:25 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

the destroyer has broken Uru if im not mistaken...and yes Uru, and Adamantine, the mystical metal that Herc's mace is made from r both stronger than adamantium...and adamantium can take a direct hit from a nuke...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:48 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
Originally posted by Khellendros
That was in the Ultimate universe. The ultimate line of comics do not have relevance here unless the thread starter specifically states they are talking about them.

Ummm...what was in the Ultimate universe?

And since when did arbitrary individuals start speaking for the thread starter?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 11:09 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Flash
Faster Than You

Wrong forum.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 11:23 PM
The Flash is currently offline Click here to Send The Flash a Private Message Find more posts by The Flash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

I saw Hulk bend Adamantium and let me remember Carbonadium was a metal that was as strong as adamantium.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 12:53 AM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Carbonadium isn't as strong as adamantium. Omega Red's coils can be damaged. Captain Americas Sheild is NOT adamantium; It's Vibranium.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 01:01 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

its adamantium dude...trust me on that one

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 01:17 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

It's a Vibranium-Adamantium alloy isn't it? I'm pretty sure it's an alloy that mixes the strengths of both metals.

Magneto destabilized adamantium which turned it into a liquid.

And it was mindless Hulk that bent low grade adamantium.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 01:25 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

Captain America's Shield is a mixture of adamantium and
vibranium. And IS stronger than either of these metals alone.

See MaverlDirectory.com under "Adamantium" and "Vibranium"
(all under "Miscellaneous").

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 01:30 AM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cherry cola

isn't there two types of adamantium the one wolverine has is the real deal. the second adamantium can be damaged because it is not as expensive and easier to find. I think i did read somewhere that captain america's shield is a vibranium and real adamantium mix that is why no one else was able to duplicate the exact quality of the shield.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 02:26 PM
cherry cola is currently offline Click here to Send cherry cola a Private Message Find more posts by cherry cola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote