KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Secret War 4

Secret War 4
Started by: Lord S

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord S
King

Secret War 4

Tomorrow...does anyone still care?

I will pick it up, but I am very pissed that it's gone from a quarterly series to almost semi-annual...and don't tell me it's due to Dell'Otto's beautiful artwork. Artwork alone, while it's nice, shouldn't be what sells the comic. The content should...and that part had better be up to par. I was extremely disappointed with the last installment...especially considering the first two showed a great deal of promise.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 10:26 PM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Nobody pays attention to me, but I keep saying Bendis' stuff is slipping. I don't see how everyone's eating the shit he's giving us in New Avengers. Did you see last issue? It sucked. He's trying to be too edgy, cool and funny, that it's coming off substandard and trite.

Secret Wars is him trying to be Priest. But no one can be Priest but Priest, so it ends up being marginally enjoyable, at best.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 10:37 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

I haven't seen New Avengers...I have heard it's good, but also that Bendis tends to keep the characters more down to earth, which is fine for guys like Iron Man and Captain America (if they are a part of the New Avengers, I don't know), but the more powerful guys shouldn't just be down to earth.

I haven't collected comics in a long time, and at this time last year started getting back into it...so I know nothing, or have little interest in much of the main stream Marvel material, BUT, Secret War was something I found fascinating, but the wait is just too goddamn long!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 11:53 PM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Bendis went from a fairly good writer to poopie trash.

Especially with New Avengers. It's horrible, IMO. It's like he's trying to create his own team of his favorite superheros.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 01:42 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Flash
Faster Than You

Who is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: that lady at the end?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 06:33 AM
The Flash is currently offline Click here to Send The Flash a Private Message Find more posts by The Flash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Has everyone noticed the remarkable similarities between Secret War and New Avengers? They're practically the same.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 02:34 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

I picked it up yesterday and I have to say it was absolutely terrible. What started out as a very promising series has become utterly and totally pointless. A big fight with some B-villains and some chick showing up at the end...big deal.

What really pissed me off the most was that they only used HALF of the book to tell the story! Hell, less than half...almost every other page was an ad. So 1/3 or so of the book was used for the actual comic, and the rest for bullshit. I don't want to hear anything about Dell'Otto's pretty paintings, blah, blah, blah...if the story-telling isn't up to par, then who really cares about art? I know I don't.

Absolutely not worth the price.

Words can't describe how pissed off I am right now considering how much I was looking forward to this...and I will not wait another five or six months for the next one. Thanks Bendis, but no thanks.

Damn shame...this could have been a great series. thumb down

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 04:02 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

I'm still gonna buy it....stuck with it this long...might as well stick with it right?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 04:04 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote