KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Marvel M.I.A.

Marvel M.I.A.
Started by: K3VIL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Marvel M.I.A.

Yes, Missing In Action.
They have killed legendary characters like Thor, Hawkeye and the Jack Of Hearts, they've disassembled the Avengers and pick up a new roster that is kinda nothing compared to the past formations of the AVG.
Then they make the Human Torch becoming a herald of Galactus, then they killed Galactus himself.Before that they put the FF4 into stories that make them looking like soap opera characters, that no more lives in the Baxter Building and are forced to face common problems and "superproblems" that are not so super compared to their past.
Then they have changed Magneto into a Deus Ex machine, that can just kill you with looking at you, if he was powerful, he's now ridicule.They practically killed the Juggernaut, they put Wolverine in the Avengers.
Where is the Marvel I liked to read in the past?
Where the FF4 fought against Terrax and he and the old good Benji beat the living crap out of each other throwing themselves through buildings with their bare hands;
Where Spider-Man fight the SS6, and in the next number must face a new challenge from his past or Venom that still thinks he can eat his brain;
Where Iron Man is not the secretary of defense, but it just that rich genious that has telled the world he's also the golden avenger with a golden heart, and that will fight as both Tony Stark and IM for this world;
Where Captain America and Falcon goes toe to toe with Hydra and then must face one more supersoldier that will give them hella time or Cap is getting the fight of his life against Protocide;
Where Hulk goes fist to fist with the U-Foes and then is suddendly attacked in the next number from Abomination or another powerhouses, let the slugfest begin;
Where Thor and the Juggernaut fight themselves for hours, while Thor manage to show he's worth the title of mighty and while Juggy wants to show he's the unstoppable guy, and where Thor will fight against Ulik again and then will teleport on Midgard cause the Wreckin Crew got unleashed;
Where the Avengers must fight against Kang's invasion or against the Kree, where they got face the power of Morgan Le Fei and then try to hold down a pissed off Hulk or stop the invasion of the surface leaded by a raging Attuma;
Where all is excelsior and nothing is crap.
Give me back the Busiek and Perez Avengers, give me back the real Marvel.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 03:30 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Would if I could...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 06:17 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

You can't really complain about Cap and Falcon. Cap fought MODOK. Falcon fought the Navy Super Soldier. Cap fought MODOK who was fighting Hulk. There were great times in that book. Now it's cancelled. You may complain about that.

I agree. I hate the New Avengers so far. It's just ****ing stupid.

Thunderbolts is great though. They are the premier super-hero team now, in my eyes. Mainly because they're SUPERHEROES. It's not some witty soap opera covert Bendis crap. It's just good fun superheroics with Fabian Nicieza and Kurt Busiek twists.

Galactus didn't really die, but more or less, yeah. Waid's FF was great, though. I think his last arc wasn't all that strong, but at the end of it, Johnny went back to being the regular Human Torch, Ben made a great sacrifice showing that he truly is the heart of the team, and one of the noblest souls in the Marvel Universe and more. The status quo has returned so that JMS can now tell his stories.

I think there are a few things wrong with Marvel at the moment. But there are some things doing great. Find those things. Support those things. Bring them to the forefront.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 06:59 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Thunderbolts are great yes, they are in the top list of my favs comic book characters, but there's something the actual Marvel had lost that will never come back if they don't change things.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 09:05 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO MARVEL???

The advent of the Fanboy seems to have started in the 1990's.....
This was a time of great trouble and catastrophe in the comic world.
There was much suffering then.
Marvel couldn't write their way out of a paper bag then.
They went bankrupt.
Tons of Marvel Comic fans stopped buying due to the lousy quality....
Except for a peculiar tribe of people.....
This tribe bought much X-Men and worshipped the great hairy god, Wolverine.
This tribe grew large and kept buying X-Men & Wolverine.
This tribe, however, never bought or read anything other than the
poorly written X-books of that era. The tribe knew nothing outside of
their small small world. In-breeding began within this tribe and the
offspring became.....stupid.
This tribe later became known as..........Fanboys.
The rest of the comic fans of the world remember the dark and grim
days of Marvel Comics during the 1990's.
The Fanboys, however, view this period as their "Golden Age of Comics."
And this is why today there are many Fanboys who.........
know not outside of what they read, know not what they read,
and generally seem to know not about anything.

THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED TO MARVEL!!!!
CATERING TO FANS OF THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR.
I.E.....FANBOYS.
DC TRIES TO NURTURE COMIC BOOK FANS.
MARVEL NOW NURTURES FANBOYS.
MARVEL USED TO BE THE PARAGON OF CONTINUITY AND CONSISTENCY.
THEY'VE THROWN THAT OUT THE WINDOW.

JUST KEEP READING AND SUPPORTING THE BOOKS THAT ARE GOOD.
AND SEND THEM MAIL AND TELL THEM HOW YOU FEEL.

EXCELSIOR.....

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 09:56 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I think getting rid of Quesada's cabal would probably fix Marvel up right away. He's done some good stuff, started the Knights imprint if I recall correctly, but he's not really doing or helping to create anything inovative.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 11:52 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote