KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » 2005 Wizard Magazine Direct to Video Contest - FAN FILMS

2005 Wizard Magazine Direct to Video Contest - FAN FILMS
Started by: diestler

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
diestler

2005 Wizard Magazine Direct to Video Contest - FAN FILMS

Anybody enter the Wizard Direct to Video Contest this year? If so and you have it available online, please post a link so we can watch your short. I have run across a few doing online searches, but they are pretty tough to run across.

Here is the link to my entry - please let me know what you thought:
Reality Round-Up: Super Hero Edition
I'm too new to post links - so I will just give instructions on where you can find the film - if you go to comics2film.com and then to C2F Cinema! my film should be under there.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 04:20 PM
diestler is currently offline Click here to Send diestler a Private Message Find more posts by diestler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diestler

Any thoughts? Positive, negative, either way?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 03:16 PM
diestler is currently offline Click here to Send diestler a Private Message Find more posts by diestler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alex W

Looks very fun. Great sound editing. And I have to say that RealPlayer files usually run terribly unsmooth for me, but yours worked great.

Here's mine:
All's Fair in Love and Police Actions
(can't post links either yet, so I put the URL in my sig)

Old Post May 5th, 2005 03:59 PM
Alex W is currently offline Click here to Send Alex W a Private Message Find more posts by Alex W Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diestler

Alex,

I had actually already downloaded your film from doing a web search awhile back. Very creative - great work. Maybe we will both get screened in Chicagosmile

Old Post May 5th, 2005 04:42 PM
Darth-Todd

Hey Good times. Those movies were fun. I also entered my short film as well. It is called "Super BAbe the Trailer" I do not have it online yet, but you can see the Poster and some production stills at the link in my signature.

Good luck to all I hope to have mine posted soon

Old Post May 24th, 2005 06:01 PM
Darth-Todd is currently offline Click here to Send Darth-Todd a Private Message Find more posts by Darth-Todd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth-Todd

Should have it posted today

Old Post May 24th, 2005 06:11 PM
Darth-Todd is currently offline Click here to Send Darth-Todd a Private Message Find more posts by Darth-Todd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diestler

Darth-Todd - your stills look great. Can't wait to see the actual short. Good luck to all. Please let us know when it is posted so that we can download it.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 06:43 PM
Darth-Todd

Ok I have the new basic site up. When I get home from Work in 2 and a half hours I will uplaod the flick the link is set to go.

the new site address is in the signature below

Old Post May 24th, 2005 11:21 PM
Darth-Todd

Ok So far I have only been able to get the low rez uplaoded, my hi-rez keeps dying....

check it out at the signature below

Old Post May 25th, 2005 01:11 AM
Darth-Todd

All right the Hi-Rez is up enjoy. So we should find out by next week right. Good Luck to all. Loved the Hulk. and the amazing race... funny stuff.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:03 AM
diestler

Thanks for your comments on my short, they are appreciated.

I am really looking forward to watching your short. I will have to wait until I get home from work tonight as I work in a "cube farm" so I can't jack up my volume at worksad

Good luck to everyone who entered, hopefully we will all get screened in Chicago - or at least one of us will. If anyone hears back from Wizard please post immediately.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 03:29 PM
diestler

Thought Super Babe was great. My favorite line was about getting hard to hide it from my girlfriend. I really enjoyed that it was an original idea with an original hero, instead of using heroes that already exist. The lead actress did a fantastic job. The directing was great. Best of luck and thanks for sharing.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 03:50 AM
Darth-Todd

THanks Man, Ireally appreciate that, it was my first time directing or writing, I really had such a greattime, I need to make another. hopefulyl one with a budget. we had a blast making.

So the contest rules say that the winner will be notified no later than May 31st. That would be Monday the holiday. So do you think we will find out today, either by phone or e-mail.... God I am just tired of waiting. I just want to know.......

Well good luck, and hopefully we'll meet up in chicagco

Old Post May 27th, 2005 04:08 PM
Alex W

Nice job. Great production value.

Good luck to both of you.

Alex.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 05:04 PM
Alex W is currently offline Click here to Send Alex W a Private Message Find more posts by Alex W Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diestler

My brother has won a Wizard contest before (write an issue of "Witchblade") - and he said he didn't find out until after the deadline for them "announcing the winner." He said if you don't hear by June 1, don't count yourself out. I too just want to know. If I made it great, if not, I just want to know.

Good luck to everyone - hopefully we can all meet in Chicago this August.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 05:34 PM
Alex W

quote: (post)
Originally posted by diestler
My brother has won a Wizard contest before ... he didn't find out until after the deadline for them "announcing the winner."

That's good to know. Does he remember how he was notified (mail, phone, email, pigeon)?

Alex.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 06:54 PM
diestler

FedEx - he said it came about two weeks after the date they said they would announce the winner by.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 01:27 AM
Alex W

That's a relief. Glad to hear I don't need to check my spam receptical more often than usual.

Thanks.

Alex.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 03:35 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

just watched "Arrant America"... not bad, pretty funny.... quite a few racial slurs..... perhaps more than you needed to get the point across but other than that i liked it

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 29th, 2005 03:56 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alex W

Thanks, Scoobless. I considered taking a more nuanced approach, but I found the 4-minute maximum limiting, and ended up erring on the side of "let's make sure everybody realizes this character is detestable" approach, hoping South Park and its kind paved the way enough for that type--though not necessarily caliber--of grating humor.

Taking potshots at the era (and particularly the comics of the era with their self-censorship about Vietnam and use of racial stereotypes--sometimes even with anti-racism intentions!) should have been one of those too-easy, too-obvious parodies, but even without cutting scenes (some probably more offensive, some less), I did find it difficult to hit the right balance--and I'm still not sure whether that's due to overthinking it or underthinking it on my part. Still, I'm more prooud of the writing than I am the animation (grin).

At any rate, thanks for your very valid perspective and I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 07:56 PM