KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » The Truth on Gladiator

The Truth on Gladiator
Started by: savagerampage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
savagerampage

The Truth on Gladiator

I always thought of gladiator, as nothing more then a chessy superman rip off. Now what i would like to know is i hear all this talk about gladiator performing all these amazing things, has anyone actually ever seen it? If so what issues do these take place. i know he uprooted the baxter building, in ff. But every other thing i heard is self boasted, meaning he says he can do it, but he could be lying, unless people have read issues, that he has done them.

can anyone clarify this?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 09:36 PM
savagerampage is currently offline Click here to Send savagerampage a Private Message Find more posts by savagerampage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yup your rightsmile
The Hyperion/Galactus bit is the same, he states he killed Galactus but then he is shown to be a lying madman. He does beat up a lot of heroes including the Hulk and Thor though.

Gladiator and Hyperion = Supes wannabes

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Last edited by Sir Whirlysplat on Apr 30th, 2005 at 09:41 PM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 09:39 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

He is a pre crisis rip off.

- Has fought at 100X light speed.
- Has move large earth size Asteroids
- Interstellar traveler

He does talk lot of shit like he can rip stars etc. but he has shown he is more of a pre crisis rip off.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 09:40 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savagerampage

Thats what i mean. People argue on here that he can rip stars in half and all this crap, but has anyone actually seen the issues that he has done this in?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 09:44 PM
savagerampage is currently offline Click here to Send savagerampage a Private Message Find more posts by savagerampage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by savagerampage
Thats what i mean. People argue on here that he can rip stars in half and all this crap, but has anyone actually seen the issues that he has done this in?

Nope its all bollocks.

Sentry is the new Marvel Supes clone to have unsubstantiated claims attributed to him big grin

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 09:49 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Gladiator at his prime is ill

Unfortunately he is written like a moron, and luck is never with him.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 09:52 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I have the power of TEN THOUSAND SUNS!!!!! My powers are LIMITLESS!!!!! I can do ANYTHING!!!!!!!

but I can't bring my wife back to life. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 09:52 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savagerampage

so basically anyone who argued on the sake of cheeseiator, about him ripping stars in half etc, those are invalid points.

the only things ive seen gladiator do was lift the baxter building, and fly at superspeed other than that, the rest of the things he says he can do is all bullshit

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 10:09 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

so basically anyone who argued on the sake of cheeseiator, about him ripping stars in half etc, those are invalid points.

the only things ive seen gladiator do was lift the baxter building, and fly at superspeed other than that, the rest of the things he says he can do is all bullshit

You think so????? wink could be stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 10:11 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Draco69
I have the power of TEN THOUSAND SUNS!!!!! My powers are LIMITLESS!!!!! I can do ANYTHING!!!!!!!

but I can't bring my wife back to life. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Drac you are so rightbig grin

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 10:14 PM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

It seems logistically impossible to rip a star in half anyway. How would you hold it?!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 11:43 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<He does beat up a lot of heroes including the Hulk and Thor though>>

?????

i thought he and hulk only met the one time? and in THAT battle, glads hardly 'beat him up'. hulk left him laying. and glads was finished BEFORE the whole radiation bit. hulk crippled him by blocking his laser vision. blind, and in agony, i think hulk could simply have beaten him to death after that, but, that hulk being a bit sadistic, chose to inflict even MORE pain.

as for thor - if masterson-thor beat glads unconscious (yes he used living lightning - real thor would have summoned REAL lightning) i have no doubt the real thor could/would do likewise. and yes, it is true i've never liked glads - always thought he was a cheap ripoff - but damn, at least when hercules boasts he's FUNNY about it!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 11:48 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by K Von Doom
It seems logistically impossible to rip a star in half anyway. How would you hold it?!

Its so true stick out tongue

Old Post May 1st, 2005 05:50 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

I was reading a thread and I dont recall which one but it said that Gladiator can move at 100x the speed of light while fighting. Is this true or just some folklore?

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post May 1st, 2005 05:54 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by K Von Doom

at least he never claimed to have closed a black hole....... like Majestic apparently did

p.s. Majestic is also said to have split a star in half....... though he supposedly used magic to do it

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 1st, 2005 05:56 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

I don't know why Gladiator is supposed to be some kind of Superman-clone.

Sure he's strong and fast (who isn't in comic-country), but so what ?
There are similarities, I admit, but I wouldn't consider him a Superman ripoff. He has a whole other personality- Gladiator can sometimes be mean, has a mohawk and serves an alien empire - and there are tons of people with Superman-like (or so) powers.

Btw, Gladiator SHOULD be awesome, but he's underrated, even by some writers.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 06:58 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by who?-kid
I don't know why Gladiator is supposed to be some kind of Superman-clone.

Sure he's strong and fast (who isn't in comic-country), but so what ?
There are similarities, I admit, but I wouldn't consider him a Superman ripoff. He has a whole other personality- Gladiator can sometimes be mean, has a mohawk and serves an alien empire - and there are tons of people with Superman-like (or so) powers.

Btw, Gladiator SHOULD be awesome, but he's underrated, even by some writers.

Thats the thing about clones you can have lots of them.
Of course enviroment plays its part with the identical. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 1st, 2005 07:14 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

I do find it funny that his real name sounds like Clark. He is very similar in terms of powers to Superman, but that's where it ends. Gladiator's "I'm better than you" boastful attitude makes him far more interesting that Supes will ever be IMO. And since he doesn't have a secret identity(to my knowledge), he doesn't do that stupid glasses thing Superman does. Superman came out in a time when people didn't have other superheroes to compare him with so he's famous & gets away with being bland. Gladiator is not anywhere near as cheesy as Supes. Gladiator>Superman

Last edited by I-Drop on May 1st, 2005 at 09:02 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2005 08:56 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Re: The Truth on Gladiator

I always thought of gladiator, as nothing more then a chessy superman rip off
I do find it funny that his real name sounds like Clark. He is very similar in terms of powers to Superman, but that's where it ends. Gladiator's "I'm better than you" boastful attitude makes him far more interesting than Supes will ever be IMO. And since he doesn't have a secret identity(to my knowledge), he doesn't do that stupid glasses thing Superman does. Superman came out in a time when people didn't have other superheroes to compare him with so he's famous & gets away with being bland. Gladiator is not anywhere near as cheesy as Supes. Gladiator>Superman. Ever wonder why everybody(many creators) wanna see Bats beat the s**t outta Supes even though Supes is way more powerful? It pretty simple. Batman,Spider-Man & any other famous character > Supes. Dissing Glads isn't gonna make Supes look cool.

Last edited by I-Drop on May 1st, 2005 at 09:15 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2005 09:03 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Cool After the BS Marvel/DC crossover...

Originally posted by leonidas
<<He does beat up a lot of heroes including the Hulk and Thor though>>

?????

i thought he and hulk only met the one time? and in THAT battle, glads hardly 'beat him up'. hulk left him laying. and glads was finished BEFORE the whole radiation bit. hulk crippled him by blocking his laser vision. blind, and in agony, i think hulk could simply have beaten him to death after that, but, that hulk being a bit sadistic, chose to inflict even MORE pain.

as for thor - if masterson-thor beat glads unconscious (yes he used living lightning - real thor would have summoned REAL lightning) i have no doubt the real thor could/would do likewise. and yes, it is true i've never liked glads - always thought he was a cheap ripoff - but damn, at least when hercules boasts he's FUNNY about it!

When HULK fought Glads it was right after superman beat The HULK in their crossover, to make HULK look better they had him win pretty darn easily.

Gladiator beat THOR without much problem and without the help of THOR-girl he was done for sure.

Gladiator actually IMO is a pretty good character, but he is the ultimate in getting F#*ked by the worst writing in marvel. It's like they can't make up their minds on what they want to do with him.

I've always liked him. cool

Old Post May 1st, 2005 09:08 PM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote