KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Who was the best Decepticon leader in Generation 1?

Who was the best G1 Decepticon leader?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Megatron 4 30.77%
Galvatron 1 7.69%
Shockwave 5 38.46%
Scorponok 0 0%
Thunderwing 2 15.38%
Ratbat 1 7.69%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who was the best Decepticon leader in Generation 1?
Started by: rickdraco

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rickdraco

Cool Who was the best Decepticon leader in Generation 1?

Ok, in the Generation 1 comic of Transformers, who was the best ever Decepticon leader?
Choices are,
Megatron,
Shockwave,
Ratbat
Scorponok
Galvatron
Thunderwing

Old Post May 10th, 2005 05:13 PM
rickdraco is currently offline Click here to Send rickdraco a Private Message Find more posts by rickdraco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
griefzombie

That is a good question!!! Shockwave has to take it for me, he has the most style and in my opinion is the most tenacious of the leaders. evil face evil face eek!

Old Post May 10th, 2005 05:31 PM
griefzombie is currently offline Click here to Send griefzombie a Private Message Find more posts by griefzombie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Megatron all the way. By far the most characterful.

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post May 10th, 2005 05:46 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

Megatron was badass in his day, but I liked Galvatron better...he was much more psychotic.

It was hilarious how he was kicking Cyclonus around in his first appearance after the movie.

He slaps the shit out of him and then chuckles and goes, "aah, Cyclonus, how wonderful to see you again"

Totally cool!

Old Post May 10th, 2005 06:33 PM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Thunderwing kicks a$$ .... he was probably the most all out evil AND he got control of the Matrix...... he may not be the best planner..... but he'd be the one i'd be most worried about if i was an autobot

didn't he kick Prime's a$$ as well?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 11th, 2005 07:13 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mdbull73
ordinary member

"but I liked Galvatron better...he was much more psychotic."

This is exactly why Megatron was better. He was not psychotic. He almost led the Decepticons to the victory in the movie until Optimus Prime (with the Matrix) smashed him with a desperate shot.

Galvatron would never come that close to beating the Autobots.

Shockwave was the perfect lieutenant, but he couldn't have stayed ahead of Starscream the way Megatron did.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 09:15 PM
mdbull73 is currently offline Click here to Send mdbull73 a Private Message Find more posts by mdbull73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mdbull73
"but I liked Galvatron better...he was much more psychotic."

This is exactly why Megatron was better. He was not psychotic.
From a personality standpoint, Galvatron ruled.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 09:35 PM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Originally posted by Lord S
From a personality standpoint, Galvatron ruled.

I agree 100%

This forum sucks.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 09:57 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

Thought you would...afterall, you're both tyrants. devil

Old Post May 11th, 2005 10:09 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by Scoobless
Thunderwing kicks a$$ .... he was probably the most all out evil AND he got control of the Matrix...... he may not be the best planner..... but he'd be the one i'd be most worried about if i was an autobot

didn't he kick Prime's a$$ as well?

Agreed. In the comics Thunderwing was one badass decepticon.
Scorponok was a good leader as well and not one sided.

Galvatron was a tuff bastid as usual.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 04:16 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I'd even say Thunderwing would kick Galvatron's ass (or anyone else on that list)

Ratbat was the worst choice for a leader ever...... who's gonna take orders from an audio cassette?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 03:59 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

You're right..I hated Ratbat as well. Thunderwing (especially with the Matrix power) would have been the best choice to beat Galvy in physical battle..and I would have loved to have seen it.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 04:55 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasofisc

Shockwave is the man to the max he has that tiger thing that seemed indestrutble.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 05:08 AM
jasofisc is currently offline Click here to Send jasofisc a Private Message Find more posts by jasofisc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

The tension between Shockwave and Megatron was always cool. Megatron had more ego and charisma, Shockwave was cold and calculating. Shockwave was my favourite decepticon, but it was more flavourful having Megatron as the leader.
Galvatron was drunk on power, and insane. Didn't like him - closest thing to a Nazi in the Transformers.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 05:53 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Plushshe_says

Smile Re: Who was the best Decepticon leader in Generation 1?

Originally posted by rickdraco
Ok, in the Generation 1 comic of Transformers, who was the best ever Decepticon leader?
Choices are,
Megatron,
Shockwave,
Ratbat
Scorponok
Galvatron
Thunderwing

had to be shockwave for me you know

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 05:59 PM
Plushshe_says is currently offline Click here to Send Plushshe_says a Private Message Find more posts by Plushshe_says Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote