KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Worst Comic-Book Character Upgrades

Worst Comic-Book Character Upgrades
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Miffed Worst Comic-Book Character Upgrades

Sister to the other thread.

My opinion? Magneto (as if he isn't powerful enough already), Scarlet Witch (Interesting premise but a little silly), Rogue (More like a DOWNGRADE. No super-strength or flight. She's a boring character now), Thor (Ditto with Magneto. He's was fine as the God of Thunder), Wasp (She can grow now?), Luke Cage (For some bizarre reason he went from Class 5 to 25 What the f**k?, Human Torch (a cosmic herald? Pfft), Martian Manhunter (fear of "passionate/emotional" flame? What the f**k?

Old Post May 16th, 2005 02:50 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Gotta agree with you with Magneto.
Spider-man getting organic webbing sorta made sense, but the ability to commune with earwigs-- not so much.
Scorpion getting Venom symbiote.
Oh and now apparently Wolverine and Venom can now withstand getting nuked. shifty

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post May 16th, 2005 04:45 AM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savagerampage

na i like magneto's upgrade, master of magnetism means master of magnetism, so finally marvel is doing him justice.

Old Post May 16th, 2005 05:13 AM
savagerampage is currently offline Click here to Send savagerampage a Private Message Find more posts by savagerampage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Wasn't aware of a lot of the upgrades Draco mentioned. But I also displike Magneto's upgrade, and I hate Scarlet Witch's upgrade. I just read "Avengers Dissasembled" and her power seemed off the charts...not a bad comic but I didn't like that aspect of it. Apparently she's still underneath Dr. Strange in power, but even the good Dr. was somewhat worried.

-DM

Old Post May 16th, 2005 02:59 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I hate Beast new blue thundercat look

Old Post May 16th, 2005 03:01 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I like it. Especially if its drawn by Quitely. He looks more imposing and dangerous. Feral eyes dude...

Old Post May 16th, 2005 04:18 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

the new look has grown on me..but I like his old look if he's in X3 he's gonna look like he looked on the cartoons.

Old Post May 16th, 2005 04:22 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dominic/wolf
the alpha mutant

anybody got a pic of scorpion with the venom and whats thors upgrade

Old Post May 16th, 2005 09:11 PM
dominic/wolf is currently offline Click here to Send dominic/wolf a Private Message Find more posts by dominic/wolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Herc's downgrade sad Scarlet witch's upgrade. Like i said on another thread, i'm prolly a biased angry little man, but i dislike people affecting MY reality baby stick out tongue
also, heard that Supergirl got a big@ss boost as well that makes no sense or something.

~wickerman~

Old Post May 16th, 2005 09:29 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

yea, i hate how Herc was downgraded also.

Old Post May 16th, 2005 09:34 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

(please log in to view the image)

This is the Fortunado dork bonded with the Venom-sym, but Scorpion looks EXACTLY the same.

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post May 16th, 2005 09:55 PM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
(please log in to view the image)

This is the Fortunado dork bonded with the Venom-sym, but Scorpion looks EXACTLY the same.

The picture here might be misleading, especially in a thread about power upgrades.

Venom isn't killing Spider-Man here. It's just some random guy in a Spidey costume...Venom mistakes him for the real thing (but like Venom-Girl said, it isn't Brock in it this time).

-DM

Old Post May 16th, 2005 11:04 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dominic/wolf
the alpha mutant

what about thor and doesnt scorp have a tail

Old Post May 16th, 2005 11:31 PM
dominic/wolf is currently offline Click here to Send dominic/wolf a Private Message Find more posts by dominic/wolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

In MK Scorp trades in his costume, tail and all, for the sym. sick

Old Post May 17th, 2005 12:08 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by armandovalles
yea, i hate how Herc was downgraded also.
Juggernauts downgrade is the queerest of all downgrades.

Worst upgrade would have to be Magneto or Wanda.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 01:02 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savagerampage

yeah juggys and herc downgrades are horrible, Hopefully they will upgrade more powerful then ever. Well that if Juggernaut is alive

Old Post May 17th, 2005 02:24 AM
savagerampage is currently offline Click here to Send savagerampage a Private Message Find more posts by savagerampage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

juggernaut had to be downgraded if he was joining the x-men. A character powerful enough to give an entire team a fight wouldnt work well on the team itself.

"Blood and flame and sacrifice..."

Old Post May 17th, 2005 09:26 AM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by savagerampage
yeah juggys and herc downgrades are horrible, Hopefully they will upgrade more powerful then ever. Well that if Juggernaut is alive
I dont think Juggy is dead.

I think he is stuck in another dimension or something like that.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 02:02 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I don't like Wolverine's inexplicable everything upgrade. He's like pre-crisis superman now.

One minute he runs through showers of bullets, the next he can't handle a tap on the head.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:36 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote