KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Book Movies (and lots of them!)

Comic Book Movies (and lots of them!)
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Comic Book Movies (and lots of them!)

I stay up on movie news, and recently stumbled into a great comic-themed article on all the comic movies currently in development. They might not all see the movie screen but many of them will.

1. FF - In a few weeks...we all know about this one
2. Batman Begins - ditto
3. V for Vendetta - based on Moore's graphic novel. Nov. 4 2005
4. X-Men 3 - May '05 (Kelsey Grammer rumored to play Beast)
5. Superman Returns - June '06
6. Ghost Rider - August '06
7. Wonder Woman - (directed by Joss Whedon...the mastermind behind Buffy)
8. Watchmen - Again based on a Moore comic...no release date.
9. Punisher 2
10. Deathlok - ??
11. Hellboy 2
12. The Ultimates - Basically an Avengers movie, though presumably without Hulk and Iron Man since other studios have the rights to them.
13. Spider-Man 3 - May '07 (Black Cat is for sure, and most likely Thomas Haden-Church will be playing Sandman)
14. Iron Man - ??
15. Sub-Mariner
16. Sin City - (Sin City 2 & 3 scheduled to film at the same time)
17. The Flash - (David Goyer to direct...he did Blade: Trinity and also wrote Batman Begins. Ryan Reynolds rumored to play Wally West)

...all I got. Thought this was interesting. Horray for the success of X-Men and Spider-Man because we're getting treated to tons of comic movies in the next few years.

-DM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 03:12 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

i think Ryan Reynolds would make a good Wally..... he was funny as hell in two guys and a girl

p.s.... i think your "May 05" prediction for X3 may have been slightly off target

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 03:46 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

(please log in to view the image)

This is an old pic, but it kind of shows the ideas that were running for Marvel Movies.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 04:43 PM
dawsey28 is currently offline Click here to Send dawsey28 a Private Message Find more posts by dawsey28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

Re: Comic Book Movies (and lots of them!)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I stay up on movie news, and recently stumbled into a great comic-themed article on all the comic movies currently in development. They might not all see the movie screen but many of them will.

1. FF - In a few weeks...we all know about this one
2. Batman Begins - ditto
3. V for Vendetta - based on Moore's graphic novel. Nov. 4 2005
4. X-Men 3 - May '05 (Kelsey Grammer rumored to play Beast)
5. Superman Returns - June '06
6. Ghost Rider - August '06
7. Wonder Woman - (directed by Joss Whedon...the mastermind behind Buffy)
8. Watchmen - Again based on a Moore comic...no release date.
9. Punisher 2
10. Deathlok - ??
11. Hellboy 2
12. The Ultimates - Basically an Avengers movie, though presumably without Hulk and Iron Man since other studios have the rights to them.
13. Spider-Man 3 - May '07 (Black Cat is for sure, and most likely Thomas Haden-Church will be playing Sandman)
14. Iron Man - ??
15. Sub-Mariner
16. Sin City - (Sin City 2 & 3 scheduled to film at the same time)
17. The Flash - (David Goyer to direct...he did Blade: Trinity and also wrote Batman Begins. Ryan Reynolds rumored to play Wally West)

...all I got. Thought this was interesting. Horray for the success of X-Men and Spider-Man because we're getting treated to tons of comic movies in the next few years.

-DM

one problem, black cat is definantly not "for sure" for spiderman 3. otherwise, thats awesome. cant wait for ne of em

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 06:53 PM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
munkiesarus
swimming upstream

Originally posted by dawsey28
(please log in to view the image)

This is an old pic, but it kind of shows the ideas that were running for Marvel Movies.

Namor's logo looks cool...but I think that's just about it!

And for the record, I do not want to see a comic-to-film adaptation of Watchmen.

One of the greatest literary masterpeices of all time, it was almost 100% most likely be ruined.

And the "Noo, Alan Moore won't let it be bad or horrible" argument is crap. Look what happened to The League of Extraordinairy Gentlemen...I mean, they called it LXG!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 09:27 PM
munkiesarus is currently offline Click here to Send munkiesarus a Private Message Find more posts by munkiesarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

I just want to make sure that everyone knows that pic I posted is very old.

Personally, with the strong sense of American pride here in the states at the moment, I think Captain America would be the perfect comic-to-film adaptation.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 09:51 PM
dawsey28 is currently offline Click here to Send dawsey28 a Private Message Find more posts by dawsey28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Scoobless
i think Ryan Reynolds would make a good Wally..... he was funny as hell in two guys and a girl

p.s.... i think your "May 05" prediction for X3 may have been slightly off target

Sorry, I meant '06

And dawsey, there's probably as much anti-patriotism as nationalism here stateside...I'm not really at either end, but a Cap movie would create a helluva stir. In any case, if the Avengers movie gets made, he'll almost certainly be in it.

And most of the movies listed have something vague like Summer '06 or Late '07...so unless it stated something specific, I didn't put the release dates, since they usually change a bunch.

-DM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 10:28 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by DigiMark007
And dawsey, there's probably as much anti-patriotism as nationalism here stateside...I'm not really at either end, but a Cap movie would create a helluva stir. In any case, if the Avengers movie gets made, he'll almost certainly be in it.

patriotism is a funny thing...... don't show enough and people think you don't care...... show too much and they think you're either xenophobic or racist

anyone who thinks their country is just plain better than anyone else's would fall into that latter category

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 10:53 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

As far as I know,Kelsey Grammar is no longer rumored to be Beast.It is FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avi Arad said the deal was sealed.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 10:57 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

Let's not turn this thread into a political debate, please. wink Not that anyone has already, but I just would rather not get into all that. Let's keep this about the movies.

I guess I started something, I shouldn't have.

Last edited by dawsey28 on Jun 5th, 2005 at 02:25 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 02:22 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Wasn't trying to make it political either...it's cool though. We've stayed enough on comic movies to keep it justififed.

In any case, I think Kelsey Grammer will make a great Beast. And that pic munkiesarus posted has Silver Surfer and Cap on it...my source was pretty thorough, so perhaps those got put on hold or bumped back quite a bit. I'd love to see a movie Galactus though...that would be cool.

-DM

P.S. Honestly, if Spider-Man 3 is as good as the first two, I could care less about most of these others...but it'd still be neat to see a lot of them.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 04:26 PM
Paola
Ronin

My precious X-Men

by Scythe

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 07:28 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

I can't wait to see V for Vendetta, now that Hugo Weaving(Agent Smith in the Matrix Trilogy) is now playing V.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 04:02 AM
vader519 is currently offline Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Na...Namor film...please let it be good...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 12:12 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Na...Namor film...please let it be good...

I totally agree. Also, wasn't there supposed to be a Silver Surfer movie coming out in 06??

~wickerman~

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 12:15 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Originally posted by Wickerman
I totally agree. Also, wasn't there supposed to be a Silver Surfer movie coming out in 06??

~wickerman~

Silver Surfer would be hard to sell to the public...but visually it could be cool as hell

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 12:26 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by Mainstream
Silver Surfer would be hard to sell to the public...but visually it could be cool as hell

There was an animated series but it got cancelled after the 1st season due to Marvel Comics' financial problems sad

~wickerman~

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 12:54 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I remember that....wasn't the fire girl voiced by the girl that voice Jubilee.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 12:59 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

yeah and we actually got to see thanos , he was pretty damn bad-ass

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 01:10 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

the Silver Surfer cartoon sucked ballzz..... he wouldn't make a good movie adaptation, non-comic audiences wouldn't relate to him and to be frank, even i (a self confessed comic-geek) would not look forward to it

even as far as comic characters go he's an unrealistic character

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 02:56 PM