KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » What Is The Source (DCU)

What Is The Source (DCU)
Started by: Mider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mider

What Is The Source (DCU)

What is The Source what does It do what is Its purpose and for the purposes of this forum how powerful is It and who can beat it?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 05:59 PM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

In DCU its all powerful apart from the true Cristian God (no not the one that died) who also exists in DCU

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 06:12 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

Whats its purpose? Ive heard it was the PF but for DC.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 06:28 PM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

it protects the presence....from regular space.becasue the presence is allergic to regular space......and if exposed to it , it might get the flu

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 06:44 PM
Colossus21 is currently offline Find more posts by Colossus21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
markolin

Source was one of the names which describe God in his aspect of Creator of the Universe,as was Presence. In the DCU it has been introduced in Kirby New Gods stories.It is described as the life-force of the Universe and the force of creation (hence the similarities with the PF) Successive waves from the Source created all the Pantheons of the DCU.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 08:23 PM
markolin is currently offline Click here to Send markolin a Private Message Find more posts by markolin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Synchro
Kossapo Open Skill

My understanding of it is The Source is an aspect of The Presence. Admittedly, I havent read enough of it to know its purpose. All I know is it gives power to the New Gods. But if its really the life-force of the Universe and the force of creation, then thats probably its purpose(but then again, its the New God's God so I wouldnt be suprise if they also believe that The Source is the ultimate power in DC).

Beings who can beat it? Well The Presence, The Great Evil Beast, Lucifer Morningstar and Archangel Michael could beat it. The combined Endless could probably do it as well, although Im not sure about it.

- Lucifer Morningstar

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 10:13 PM
Synchro is currently offline Click here to Send Synchro a Private Message Find more posts by Synchro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

.........how would The Source do against the PF ?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 10:20 PM
markolin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Synchro
My understanding of it is The Source is an aspect of The Presence. Admittedly, I havent read enough of it to know its purpose. All I know is it gives power to the New Gods. But if its really the life-force of the Universe and the force of creation, then thats probably its purpose(but then again, its the New God's God so I wouldnt be suprise if they also believe that The Source is the ultimate power in DC).

Beings who can beat it? Well The Presence, The Great Evil Beast, Lucifer Morningstar and Archangel Michael could beat it. The combined Endless could probably do it as well, although Im not sure about it.

Originally the Source was very much intended to be the Presence by another name.For me it is above Lucifer,Michael and the Endless and on par with the GEB,and if we really have to make a distinction,only slightly below the Presence (but really,its the same thing.Presence or Source are just different ways of manifestation)
As for lifeforce universe-force of creation it was confirmed outside the New Gods.Basically every superpowered being in the DCU derives its powers from it in some way.There was a crossover by Byrne in which a ripple effect from the Source's Godwave made superpowers go crazy and influenced also the energies of OA.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 11:22 PM
markolin is currently offline Click here to Send markolin a Private Message Find more posts by markolin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Synchro
Kossapo Open Skill

Sorry markolin, Im such a fool. I would like to retract what I said above. I dont think that The Source is the life-force of the Universe and the force of creation, since I just remembered that it was shown in Lucifer that Lucifer and Michael were the ones who CREATED the DC Multiverse. Now I would like to know where was it said that The Source is the lifeforce universe-force of creation since it surely contradicts what was said in Lucifer.

And you have your opinion, but considering The Source's showing in the Lucifer Comic Book, I very much doubt that its above Lucifer, Michael and TGEB.

The Source's godwave may have made uber-beings go crazy, but did that include Lucifer, Michael and The Spectre?

Mider: Well, Im afraid I cant answer that my friend(at least at this moment) considering that theres alot of confusion about the Phoenix lately(and I thought DC was the only one who has inconsistent writing). My original ranking of the PF was that its on the level of Eternity and Death, and for some reason I have always considered The Source just a teeny weeny bit below LT. But GalacticStorm, markolin and the like have brought up new arguments about the PF. And whle Im still not fully convinced about the origins, power of the current PF, I cant completely overlook it either. I know its extremely hard to believe them, but I will admit that they backed it up with facts countless times now, so I cant just ignore their point of view.

So yeah, as of now I cant answer that question.

- Lucifer Morningstar

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 11:45 PM
Synchro is currently offline Click here to Send Synchro a Private Message Find more posts by Synchro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

Are you kidding The Source is above LT.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 12:11 AM
Synchro
Kossapo Open Skill

No Im serious

- Lucifer Morningstar

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 12:20 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

there's been some good thoughts on the topic, so i can't add much. it is a life force that seems to have laid the foundations for all the superpowered beings in dc. it permeates everything. i don't think it's fair to say it's above or below LT or the others. it is not a character like the others. could it's powers be superceded by anyone in dc? i'd say only those characters outside the natural framework - ie lucifer. and i'm not sure he could actually 'control' the source power. it is similar to the current theories on the phoenix force.

it's opposite, the anti-life equation, is the chaos/death force that opposes it, and is similar in origin and level to the source.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 12:33 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

The Source is above LT its one of the main super entities of DC up there with The Voice and The Word i think even Swampthing feared The Word or The Voice.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 12:34 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmmm, then what is the Source Wall?

confused

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 12:40 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

The Source wall i dont now what that is i know its kinda like a seperation between The Source and this plain i think thats what the wall is basically its almost impregnable even Yuga Khan got taken out TWICE when He tried to breach it Cyborg Superman could controll SOME of it but not all and Lucifer Morningstar is one of the few beings who can traspass it i think. But The Source does act though rarely like the two times it stoped Yuga Khan.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 01:30 AM
kevdude
The Hooded Man

The Source is God, that is what Jack Kirby has said. but then The Presence is God (Yahweh), on a New Gods Site it says The Source is "It is the ultimate "source" of knowledge and enlightenment". Others have said The Source is Gods Will like The Voice is Gods Voice. also has anyone noticed that DC seems to have copied some things off of Star Wars, like how DC has The Source and Star Wars has The Force. Here is a site to try to expain more about The Source.
http://www.sean-walsh.com/newgods/ngfaq.htm

The Source Wall is what i believe separates The Universe from The Source, the beings on the Source Wall are not there because The Source put them there, they are there because they wanted to understand how the Universe was made and wanted more power but they could not get past it and got stuck on it. also the universe/galaxy that Apokolips and New Genesis are in is not connected with the universe that is Supermans, Superman needs a boom tub to get to Apokolips because he cant ever get there flying.

It is kinda hard to figure out who is really God in DC. we have beings like The Source and The Presence both which are said to be God, Then we have The Great Beast, and Imperiex Prime both of who is said to have been here before the DCU was even here. I believe The Source to be God the Father and he predates everything, while The Presence has something that predates it (TGEB) meaning The Presence could be Jesus.

The Word

Last edited by kevdude on Jun 6th, 2005 at 02:43 AM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 02:37 AM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

Once again there is your proof people.........Lucifer Morningstar takes the PF cause Lucifer Morningstar treats The Source like nobody but i think they are sepreat entities guys.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 11:08 PM
Mider

I dont think The Source is as high as The Presance i think in the Lucifer Morningstar comics there said to be totally diffrent entities but its great to have new info on The Source adn like i said PF EATS IT AGAINST LUCIFER MORNINGSTAR!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 11:14 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mider
Once again there is your proof people.........Lucifer Morningstar takes the PF cause Lucifer Morningstar treats The Source like nobody but i think they are sepreat entities guys.

So because a few posters have told you that THEY THINK Phoenix is like Dcs Source you've come to that conclusion? And you call that proof? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Think for yourself Mider and most importantly read some comics.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 11:22 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Synchro
Kossapo Open Skill

Well, for me I have no doubt in my mind that The Presence is God and the Supreme Power in DCU, and The Source is an aspect of The Presence. As of now, everything Ive heard about The Source came from the New Gods. And for me, thats not an accurate reference about The Source's position in the multiverse.

IMO, The Source is just like the Greek Gods, The Norse Gods and all the other pantheons. To the people who worship them they are *the* God/s. The Greeks regard the Olympians as the supreme power in the universe, NO ONE ELSE. The Norse regard the Asgardians as the supreme power of the universe, NO ONE ELSE. But if you look at the entire scheme of things(comic wise), they are clearly not at the top of the food chain. Zeus and Odin will never be more powerful than, say, entites like Parallax, The Spectre, The Anti-Monitor, etc.

The Source is like that IMO(only it operates at a much larger scale). It maybe regarded as all powerful and beyond all by The New Gods, but does that mean its true in the entire scheme of things? Also, have you ever asked yourself if there are a good amount of beings outside New Genesis and Apokolips who even knows The Source? Because a good majority of beings in the whole DC Multiverse knows who The Presence is.

- Lucifer Morningstar

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 03:44 AM