KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Daredevil The Movie

Daredevil The Movie
Started by: nigel45

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nigel45
The Amazing

Question Daredevil The Movie

Alright, I saw this when it first came out and I thought it sucked.

Then I watched it a few days ago, and didn't think it was that bad.

Question is: What the hell is wrong with me?

Am I just developing a soft spot for bad comic book movies? (see my Steel: The Movie thread) Or is there anyone else who thought THIS movie wasn't AS bad as it is now historically known for being.

Please....h-help me...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 04:44 AM
nigel45 is currently offline Click here to Send nigel45 a Private Message Find more posts by nigel45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

This movie will go down in the hall of fame as the worst movie ever.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 04:52 AM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer259

I heard the Director's Cut actually makes it a decent movie, and I've always been of the opinion that Ben Affleck would be a great Daredevil if the writing in the movie hadn't been so bad.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 05:06 AM
Wanderer259 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer259 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer259 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nigel45
The Amazing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wanderer259
I heard the Director's Cut actually makes it a decent movie, and I've always been of the opinion that Ben Affleck would be a great Daredevil if the writing in the movie hadn't been so bad.

My god...that might be it.

I'll have to check my friend's dvd sometime, cause I think it may have been the directors cut version.

I still think I'm getting weak in my old age and giving crappy movies too much credit, but at least this provides some answers.

Thanks.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 05:12 AM
nigel45 is currently offline Click here to Send nigel45 a Private Message Find more posts by nigel45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

I dont think it was bad at all. Actually, I liked it. I liked it alot better than Hulk.

I did hear that the Directors Cut is much better bacause the main storyline was cut out(Coolios innocence) and Kingpin had more of a character development(not much). Also the Elektra love thing was shortened.

The director of the movie was bitching cause he had to cut out about 45 min for the movie to be released. The directors Cut plays the whole thing. I plan on getting it sometime this week.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 05:42 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

so did i. But thats cuz Hulk has no storyline. All the movie was was Hulk throwing stuff around.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 05:45 AM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

for some reason i didn't find this movie too bad myself....I actually liked it.....of course it was one of the few new wave comic book movies to come out...having to have settled for movies like batman and robin, and the gulp old fantastic four previously...I guess this was just a blessing more than anything...ben affleck wasn't even that bad....I think it's hilarious that him and matt damon are getting more and more badass roles to play though...laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 09:52 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by armandovalles
so did i. But thats cuz Hulk has no storyline. All the movie was was Hulk throwing stuff around.

No, I think that it had everything else then Hulk. He turned into Hulk for like, three times.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 09:58 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

now you like it?

weird comic fans... weird wacko weird....

by Scythe

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 02:42 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

We are not weird!

Just peculiar.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 03:20 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

I liked it.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 01:51 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nigel45
The Amazing

Originally posted by Paola
now you like it?

weird comic fans... weird wacko weird....

Haha! I was thinking the exact same thing.

Hey, if you all liked the original version, I would definitely suggest the Director's Cut (that is the version I saw). I disliked the original and enjoyed this one, so you guys might love it.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 02:53 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I thought the movie had it's moments, but was nothing spectacular, I have heard good things about the Director's Cut, and would like to pick it up sometime. I just didn't like how the movie looked. It was dark and grainy, like they had used bad quality film. Now, I can understand wanting a darker mood for Hell's Kitchen and whatnot, but there's a different between moods and themes, and just plain bad quality. The cinematography is b-movie level at times.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 03:25 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I liked it never saw the director cut...it was okay a strong B movie

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 03:27 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leafar

If you want to have sex with Jennifer Garner, then I highly recommend seeing Daredevil. laughing

A director's cut DVD means that the theatrical release sucked. Other notable director cut DVD's include Highlander II and King Arthur, both of them sucked major ass. sick

Last edited by Leafar on Jun 21st, 2005 at 05:26 PM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 05:21 PM
Leafar is currently offline Click here to Send Leafar a Private Message Find more posts by Leafar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I thought it was decent.
Daredevil is far from the worse movie of all time.

Batman and Robin,
Yor the Hunter.
Mutant.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:36 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

Originally posted by Leafar
If you want to have sex with Jennifer Garner, then I highly recommend seeing Daredevil. laughing

A director's cut DVD means that the theatrical release sucked. Other notable director cut DVD's include Highlander II and King Arthur, both of them sucked major ass. sick

I saw it and didn't had that opportunity messed

by Scythe

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 12:48 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

i didn't think DD was that bad........ in fact i bought it when it came out

-waits to be stoned by the peasants for his blasphemy-

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 01:58 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i bought the soundtrack... i feel so dirty...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 02:26 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_A_R_E
Heiress of Darkness

I liked Daredevil. It was a good movie. But it had it's downpoints.

"I'll take the world when it turns on you. I'll set it on fire.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 05:02 AM
D_A_R_E is currently offline Click here to Send D_A_R_E a Private Message Find more posts by D_A_R_E Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote