KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Namor The Movie

Namor The Movie
Started by: Spideys Sister

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Namor The Movie

Alot of ppl like Namor (I don't know why) So I'm asking in a movie about Namor what would it be about who would play Namor and what would you like to see.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 02:13 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

There is a thread about actor of Namor already:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t379937.html

As for the movie, I think it should be set to 1940's. Namor attacking New York. Then finding out that they are not inhuman monsters there (With the help of Betty Dean, his love in comics during the 1940's). At the end of the movie, he could be defending them against invading Atlantean forces that are manipulated to attack surface world by the evil but intelligent Warlord Krang and his subordinate Attuma, a furious barbaric soldier whose strength nearly matches Namor. In the final end, Namor would confront his grandfather, Emperor of Atlanteans and make him realize that attacking the surface world is wrong.

I'd like that kind of movie. Wouldn't break comic book continuity that much either.

And people like Namor because he's, well, badass and has a long history of being the first character of Marvel Comics among others (and second comic book hero of all time). And he has complex and interesting personality when you get into it.

More in here.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 02:35 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

This guy is like Hulk...awfully strong and opposed to the world.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 11:46 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MuffinmanMike

quote: (post)
Originally posted by redcaped
This guy is like Hulk...awfully strong and opposed to the world.

He's like the Hulk with an IQ in the positive numbers and a stick up his ass wink

Although that stick is made of pure awesome. Because Namor, for being a stuck-up douchebag, is a total badass.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 09:53 PM
MuffinmanMike is currently offline Click here to Send MuffinmanMike a Private Message Find more posts by MuffinmanMike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

When I really think about all of the trouble that they would have to go through to make a Namor movie, I think that perhaps it should all be done in CGI... imagine the main star being devoured by a very real, very hungry shark! C'mon face it how the hell would they do it? Olympic sized pool?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 06:59 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 01:15 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by TheKahn
ninja

(please log in to view the image)

One more time and I AM going to shoot and kill you. mad

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 01:19 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Originally posted by TheKahn
ninja

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 01:21 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
One more time and I AM going to shoot and kill you. mad

embarrasment

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 01:30 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

ROFLMAO...

The Kahn
R.I.P

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 01:32 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Maybe I can stave off DarkCrawler's rage with some actual Namor movie news.

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=11461
David Gardner: Certainly. Last one for you, Peter. Buy, sell, or hold the likelihood that we will see a film based on the Marvel character Namor the Submariner?

Peter Cuneo (Marvel's vice chairman): That is a definite buy. That film with Universal is well into development. We call it "Star Wars Underwater." Namor was first created in 1939 by Marvel. It is one of our older characters, oldest characters. It is a great story, and we are very excited about Namor.

---------------------

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=12422

Reynolds as Namor, the SubMariner?
Synopsis: Talking to Latino Review during "Amityville Horror" promotions, Ryan Reynolds confirmed that not only has he been in talks about "The Flash" but also "The Sub-Mariner" - "Avi Arad, who owns Marvel, bought it up to me [The Sub-Mariner] and that would be something I'd be keen on. From what I've learnt from Avi, it's quite an undertaking, so it's's going to be a pretty big movie".

-------------------

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/260279/news

Reynolds Downplays Namor Rumors
April 8, 2005 — A mere day after rumors connecting Ryan Reynolds to the lead as Namor in Marvel Studios' 'Sub-Mariner' film, Ryan Reynolds is saying that the story was blown out of proportion. For Reynolds' exact words, hit the link below!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 03:55 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

big grin

You were saved this time...mad

Interesting news, though. I'm not sure about Reynolds as Namor though...

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 04:15 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

"Peter Cuneo (Marvel's vice chairman): That is a definite buy. That film with Universal is well into development. We call it "Star Wars Underwater." Namor was first created in 1939 by Marvel. It is one of our older characters, oldest characters. It is a great story, and we are very excited about Namor."

Guy there should check his facts though. Namor wasn't actually created by Marvel in first place...

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 04:18 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
"Peter Cuneo (Marvel's vice chairman): That is a definite buy. That film with Universal is well into development. We call it "Star Wars Underwater." Namor was first created in 1939 by Marvel. It is one of our older characters, oldest characters. It is a great story, and we are very excited about Namor."

Guy there should check his facts though. Namor wasn't actually created by Marvel in first place...

I'd be more concerned with the whole "Star Wars Underwater" phrase... wink shifty

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 04:22 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Well yeah, that too.

"Namor, use the force"

"Neptune? Is that you?"

"You must defeat your father to become a Jedi Knight..."

"...my father is dead."

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 04:56 PM
Kovacs86

LMAO... that film would ROCK...

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 05:01 PM
littleredhat

Hi I'm the new girl.

I love the idea of it being set in the 40's or even the exact date of Namor's real world debeu.

At the end you would see Namor preparing to fight Nazis and some allusions to his new flaming and patriotic partners. wink

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 04:30 PM
littleredhat is currently offline Click here to Send littleredhat a Private Message Find more posts by littleredhat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Jason Statham as Namor.
He's got the physique, and can do action.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 06:56 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

He doesn't have the hair though.

My sigs. | Slade Explained| Respect Beta Ray |Respect Thor | Sheer idiocy

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 10:51 PM
Thunderstrike is currently offline Click here to Send Thunderstrike a Private Message Find more posts by Thunderstrike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Thunderstrike
He doesn't have the hair though.

He can get the hair; along with the ears, and the speedo. wink

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 04:33 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote