KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Who to cast as Iron Man?

Who to cast as Iron Man?
Started by: Darth Vegas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

Who to cast as Iron Man?

My vote goes to Oded Fehr to play Tony Stark.

(please log in to view the image)

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 07:06 PM
Darth Vegas is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vegas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, I don't think so. An Unknown

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 07:37 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Johny Depp

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 07:40 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheMercurial
Unmythical mortal

Definitely Johnny Depp.

"Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life"

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 07:42 PM
TheMercurial is currently offline Click here to Send TheMercurial a Private Message Find more posts by TheMercurial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

You Kidding. I'm sure there is a great Tony out there...look well.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 08:10 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

now that i think of it Johnny Depp would be cool lol, i'd like to see him play a superhero. big grin

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 08:28 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

Favreau himself said that they were not going to go with a big name. Favreau is going with someone who definitely has experience but is not a household name.

You can pretty much count out Depp and Cruise.

He doesn't want to go with a big name actor because he doesn't want the actor to define Iron Man, but rather the other way around.

Also, big name actors that play superheroes/villains don't always translate well (ie. Clooney, Affleck, Halle, Arnold, etc.)

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 08:41 PM
Darth Vegas is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vegas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Ben Affleck. shifty

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 08:46 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm gonna ignore stein. Affleck is DD don't mess with that.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 08:52 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silverstein
now that i think of it Johnny Depp would be cool lol, i'd like to see him play a superhero. big grin

yes in the Ultimates they asked each other which actor should play who. Tony Stark was Johny Depp yes

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 09:05 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Well, Johnny Depp would be awesome as Stark... but if you already know that an unknown is being cast as him, then what the hell is the point of this thread?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 09:09 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Well, Johnny Depp would be awesome as Stark... but if you already know that an unknown is being cast as him, then what the hell is the point of this thread?

What a stupid question.

What's the point of any thread?

To get other people's views and opinions. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 09:14 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

With Jon Favreau directing, who's to say he wouldn't cast his buddy Vince Vaughn? eek!

The Iron Man suit - that would be a great icebreaker to crash weddings with! stick out tongue

Attachment: vincevaughn.jpg
This has been downloaded 113 time(s).

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 10:03 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Iron-Mean is not Psycho!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 10:37 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by Darth Vegas
What a stupid question.

What's the point of any thread?

To get other people's views and opinions. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah, but initially, you're asking people who they think should be cast as Iron Man, yet you also already know that an unknown is going to be cast for the role. So I guess I was a little puzzled as to why you wanted people's views on who to play Iron Man, when they would all be wrong, considering that an unknown is going to get the role. Understood? I can't make it any clearer than that, if you still don't understand what I'm trying to say and if you still percieve it as a "stupid" question, then that is entirely your fault. I'm outta here.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 11:21 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

He actually probably will go with someone like Fehr. They can't go with someone too famous (especially someone like Cruise after that whole fiasco) but I can picture Favreau going with someone that he has already seen before. Fehr isn't a name you can say at the dinner table and have people know who you're talking about, but he isn't a total unknown like an Edward Furlong casting for T2 (who by the way I'm not suggesting should play Stark lol). Although I can't name an actor without thinking about it for a while, and although I can't say "yay or nay" for Fehr since I haven't seen him in any movies, I think I'm right in saying we won't see Matt Dillon or someone in the role.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 11:29 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

Johnny depp won't 'tarnish' the iron man/tony stark role. he's a cool guy, i havent seen him do anything regretful, like jump around on a coach proclaiming his love for a girl half his age... roll eyes (sarcastic)

one things for sure if, depp is iron man, itll bring in some $$$. its like "oh Iron Man is the latest star-driven movie" or "lets go see Johnny Depp's new movie"

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 11:46 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Yeah, but initially, you're asking people who they think should be cast as Iron Man, yet you also already know that an unknown is going to be cast for the role. So I guess I was a little puzzled as to why you wanted people's views on who to play Iron Man, when they would all be wrong, considering that an unknown is going to get the role.

Who said anyone was "wrong"?

I'm simply asking everyone's opinion on who they think should play Iron Man.

Just because Favreau will choose to go with someone who isn't a big name star doesn't make anyone's opinion of who they think should play Iron Man "wrong" or less than anybody else's opinion.

Are we clear?

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 12:00 AM
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

roll eyes (sarcastic) ?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:04 AM
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Johnny Depp as Stark? Apologies, sick

Here are some of the films Oded Fehr has appeared in:

# Resident Evil: Extinction (2007) (filming)
# Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story (2005)
# Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo (2005)
# Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)
# The Mummy Returns (2001)
# The Mummy (1999)
# Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo (1999)

I remember suggesting Ferh play Iron Man nearly two years ago, http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=2

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 05:43 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote