KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Robert Downey Jr to be Iron-Man!!

Are you happy with Robert Downey Jr. as Iron-Man?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 9 52.94%
No 8 47.06%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Robert Downey Jr to be Iron-Man!!
Started by: HarmoNiC FLo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

Robert Downey Jr to be Iron-Man!!

Just checked Marvel.com and it turns out Robert Downey Jr. is going to play Tony Stark.

I'm upset because i dont like the guy. His whole drug thing just makes him less respectable as Tony Stark. I just dont like the guy, doesn't seem like he would look like Tony's smart/rich character.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 08:10 PM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

Excellent choice. Someone on Rotten Tomatoes posted this:

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Eventhoug he doesn't really resemble my classic image of Tony, he does have the capacity and life experience to bring an enormous amount of depth to this adaptation. He ain't no snotty, polished and smooth little brat like Brandon Routh, which is good!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 08:23 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I was thinking that too... about the experience

I've liked pretty much everything I've seen RDJ in.... did any of you used to watch Ally McBeal?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 11:43 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Only trouble is he's 41 years old. If they make a trilogy, he will hit 50 before it's finished.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 02:10 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Re: Robert Downey Jr to be Iron-Man!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HarmoNiC FLo
Just checked Marvel.com and it turns out Robert Downey Jr. is going to play Tony Stark.

I'm upset because i dont like the guy. His whole drug thing just makes him less respectable as Tony Stark. I just dont like the guy, doesn't seem like he would look like Tony's smart/rich character.

and tony isnt a alcoholic?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 03:38 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by roughrider
Only trouble is he's 41 years old. If they make a trilogy, he will hit 50 before it's finished.

Pierce Brosnan was in his fifties for his last couple of James Bond films

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 04:11 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by Blair Wind
and tony isnt a alcoholic?

Exactly...He's a drunk and a half. Stark isn't Clark Kent, or Billy Batson; he's not the "perfect" little citizen. Having someone with a "tainted" past, I think makes the movie all the more believeable.

RDJ is a good choice, hopefully he won't disappoint.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Last edited by Darth Macabre on Sep 30th, 2006 at 06:41 AM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 06:39 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Scoobless

There's precedent for actors taking the James Bond role when they hit their 40's. Tony Stark should still be a young playboy and tech whiz in his late 20's, early 30's at the beginning of Iron Man.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 06:20 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

nearly a great actor to play him, why say no? he's played so many different character he has obviously thrown his competition, for the character, out of the window, as he is so versatile, i say bring it on!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 01:18 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stupid Rookie

Originally posted by Scoobless

Something tells me the Pierce is going to age much better than Robert Downey Jr.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 01:26 PM
Stupid Rookie is currently offline Click here to Send Stupid Rookie a Private Message Find more posts by Stupid Rookie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madacapa

The best casting for a comic book role since Christian Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne and Christopher Reeve as Superman/Clark Kent.
Even if Robert started drinking and doing drugs again they could still use him.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 03:26 PM
Madacapa is currently offline Click here to Send Madacapa a Private Message Find more posts by Madacapa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by roughrider
There's precedent for actors taking the James Bond role when they hit their 40's. Tony Stark should still be a young playboy and tech whiz in his late 20's, early 30's at the beginning of Iron Man.

Bond is in his thirties as well..... I think

Originally posted by Madacapa
Even if Robert started drinking and doing drugs again they could still use him.

I'll let him know that he has a green light on that

smile

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 03:35 PM
MattDay

brandon routh is a snotty, polished brat? what the hell are you smoking? apparantly he was a very hard working person, helping out his parents when he could, he comes from the country... (polished my ass) and spoilt... i think someone is in denial here... and dont reply to me, u dont sound like a nice person

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 10:46 AM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

now robert downey junior is a great casting, he's got the looks, which he'll keep for quite a few years to come, about the right size and the acting ability is easily obtainable as he has a past quite similar to starks drunken problems.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 10:48 AM
Norge
Classified

Great casting me thinks!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 08:25 AM
Norge is currently offline Click here to Send Norge a Private Message Find more posts by Norge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Benny G
Restricted

Account Restricted

War Machine/Samuel L. Jackson

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 10:01 PM
Benny G is currently offline Click here to Send Benny G a Private Message Find more posts by Benny G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Benny G
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think he'll do awesome, i mean who better to do a drunk Billion air then a drunk billion air big grin

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 10:01 PM
Benny G is currently offline Click here to Send Benny G a Private Message Find more posts by Benny G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

i hated the idea at first cuz i thought RDJ is too old and too short.. but i changed my mind cuz to his credit he's already in incredible shape for a man his age,(if youve seen pics of him) so by the time he gets in movie shape he'll be pretty buff, plus if they showed the Alchy side of tony stark RDJ wont be acting(f ****ing junkybig grin). also you gotta remeber that Tony was a military contractor in his 20's during Vietnam ppl...he's no spring chicken either...he's old an ass mother f ****er himself, so this role will work out great IMO

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 11:30 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trolt

I'd like to hear his "Proton Cannon!!!!" shout before i make judgement.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 06:35 PM
Trolt is currently offline Click here to Send Trolt a Private Message Find more posts by Trolt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by manjaro
i hated the idea at first cuz i thought RDJ is too old and too short.. but i changed my mind cuz to his credit he's already in incredible shape for a man his age,(if youve seen pics of him) so by the time he gets in movie shape he'll be pretty buff, plus if they showed the Alchy side of tony stark RDJ wont be acting(f ****ing junkybig grin). also you gotta remeber that Tony was a military contractor in his 20's during Vietnam ppl...he's no spring chicken either...he's old an ass mother f ****er himself, so this role will work out great IMO

That's only one version of his history, current Stark wasn't in Vietnam (gotta keep retconning those histories if you want to keep the characters in their prime)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 06:42 PM