KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Record breaking..

Record breaking..
Started by: Juntai

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Record breaking..

Dark Knight has claimed the records,
Most pre-ordered movie ever.
Best Midnight Showing ever.
Best opening day ever.

I expect by Monday it'll add best opening weekend ever, or be very very close.

The king taking his throne.

w00t.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 12:59 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ultimately means nothing, really.

People who pay to see it against the amount that enjoyed it won't be equal, no matter how good.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 01:25 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

I'd assume that it's Heath Ledger's last major motion picture will help. But I'm not sure it will take the opening weekend record.

Where did you get information that it was the biggest opening day box office gross ever? Box Office Mojo only has that it's the widest release ever opening at a hair's breadth more theatres than POTC3.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 01:46 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Yeah, record number of screenings too to try to keep up with demand.

Here X.
http://www.variety.com/VR1117989204.html
http://newsarama.com/index2.html

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 01:50 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

Is it officially 66.4 million now? 7.5 million is a pretty significant increase from the previous record.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 04:10 PM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Is it officially 66.4 million now? 7.5 million is a pretty significant increase from the previous record.
Yep, it originally said 60-63 on most of the sites, now they're all saying 66.4, so it must be the official number.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 05:41 PM
Deathstroke
Slayer

To correct my previous post it was only a 6.6 million increase over the previous record, but that's still an incredible increase.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 05:51 PM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

The most impressive thing, is that this movie is not a kids movie, at the theater I went to, I saw no children, it was all older teens and adults. It's success isn't an example of marketing to a child, and the child dragging his parents to see it by whining a lot, it's an example of most everyone that goes, is genuinly wanting to see the movie. It was a completely different atmosphere than a typical superhero movie.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 05:59 PM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I'd assume that it's Heath Ledger's last major motion picture will help. But I'm not sure it will take the opening weekend record.

Just to clear it up, this won't be Heath Ledger's last movie. His footage from the upcoming The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus is still being used. That will officially be his final film.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 05:49 AM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazsekswthurmom
African nipple cobra

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 05:44 PM
Hazsekswthurmom is currently offline Click here to Send Hazsekswthurmom a Private Message Find more posts by Hazsekswthurmom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Hahahahahahaha!!!! WB is really laughing now!

WHY SO SERIOUS MARVEL?

(ooops! gotta go back to my forum....hehe)

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 05:47 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

(please log in to view the image)

Meh, just wanted to post that.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 07:16 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Theres already a thread like this in the Batman forum.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 08:39 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by The Boss
(please log in to view the image)

Meh, just wanted to post that.

I like that

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 08:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Theres already a thread like this in the Batman forum.
Mine came first. smile

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 09:47 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

You have to dissect the numbers. Yes, biggest opening weekend ever, but when you account for ticket prices, last year's Spider-Man 3 actually sold more tickets. Inflation means there will always be the "next big thing" in box office gross. Just like it's inevitable that Titanic's 600Mil (US domestic) and Billion+ worldwide are also destined to be broken. Just as inevitably, it'll be a movie that sold less tickets.

The most tickets sold to a movie ever (US domestic, I don't have those stats for worldwide) was Gone With the Wind. Almost a century of movies, and it has yet to be topped.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 10:44 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Juntai
Mine came first. smile

Actually, it didn't. WD's was made some time ago. Use that.

wink

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 10:45 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote