KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » DareDevil (reboot)

DareDevil (reboot)
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

DareDevil (reboot)

In July 2008, Jason Statham had expressed interest in appearing as Daredevil in the future. Statham requested "just give me the chance, I would love to be Daredevil." Frank Miller commented in agreement "I think he should be Daredevil too." In October 2008, 20th Century Fox executive Tom Rothman said that "a Daredevil reboot is something we are thinking very seriously about." Rothman added that "what it really needs is, it needs a visionary at the level that [The Dark Knight director] Chris Nolan was. It needs someone, it needs a director, honestly, who has a genuine vision."[65] In February 2010, reboot news was further reported by Deadline Hollywood who announced 20th Century Fox and New Regency are looking to develop the reboot with News Corp. Vice President Peter Chernin producing and David Scarpa writing the script. Intentions are said to move forward so that the film rights to the character would not revert back to Marvel.

- wiki

they need to release it under the "marvel knights" banner and make it rated R just like the last punisher movie was.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 8th, 2010 11:06 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

I trust wiki just about as much as i trust an MKShyamalan movie; but if this true, i don't think it needs to be rated-R 'cause DD isn't that hardcore of a character.

As far as casting the lead, i like Jason Statham... but no! Other than the martial arts skills, Statham doesn't fit the character's profile in any way. He's too short, wrong accent and has no hair.

My sort list would be

Chris O'Donnell
Jensen Ackles
Paul Walker
Channing Tatum
Sean Farris

Old Post May 9th, 2010 12:12 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
I trust wiki just about as much as i trust an MKShyamalan movie; but if this true, i don't think it needs to be rated-R 'cause DD isn't that hardcore of a character.

As far as casting the lead, i like Jason Statham... but no! Other than the martial arts skills, Statham doesn't fit the character's profile in any way. He's too short, wrong accent and has no hair.

My sort list would be

Chris O'Donnell
Jensen Ackles
Paul Walker
Channing Tatum
Sean Farris

i dunno. DD deals with pretty hardcore criminals; the mafia, street thugs, gangs. The Kingpin. And i think there should be more "adult" marvel movies. An "R" rating'd be perfect. they already did it at a lower rating.

And Jason Statham'd be great. Ever heard of a wig or toupee. and size means nothing in films nowadays. that can be fix or altered. and he's not that that short. and he'll learn the american accent. he'd be a better pic than anyone on your list no offense. but c. o'donnel? "Robin"? Paul Walker? C. Tatum? lol no. i don't think so. i'd even take ben affleck back over all of them.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 9th, 2010 02:48 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Jason cannot act worth shit and no DD shouldnt be R.

TDK wasnt R and it did fine.

Old Post May 9th, 2010 02:58 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

batman isnt nearly as gruesome as DD is though.

DD will actually kill a mother****er

Old Post May 9th, 2010 03:59 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I disagree. Daredevil should be rated R. Set the film inside the prison. That story was great. Can't remember who ran that arc though. It involved Murdock, Fisk, and Bullseye. Hell, Punisher saw that all three of them were in prison at the same time and he deliberately got himself arrested. If they made a film based on that storyline.......

It'd never happen though. Disney owns Marvel.......

Old Post May 9th, 2010 04:08 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Darth Martin

It'd never happen though. Disney owns Marvel.......

Yeah so

Disney has'nt done or affected anything movie wise when it comes to Marvel

and why does Daredevil have to be rated R ?.......theres no Daredevil MAX.

Old Post May 9th, 2010 04:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Only one Marvel film has come out since Disney's purchase of the company. erm Considering what that film is, I don't think it applies here. Not that Disney is the problem. X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a perfect example of a film that should have been rated R, but wasn't due to ambitions to pull in a larger audience, sell merchandise, make money, etc. This decision, IMO, sacrificed the quality of the film greatly. I have seen cutscenes from the video game of the same title which was released as a companion to the film. These scenes dwarf the action in the film adaption.

Daredevil doesn't have to be rated R. But I think that the direction I have in mind that it should take, would be alot easier to take the R rated rout.

There are certain characters that deserve films to have an R rating.

Wolverine, Deadpool, Spawn, Daredevil, Punisher, etc.

Old Post May 9th, 2010 04:36 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah and on top of that Disney did own Miramax studios between 1993-2005

and that company managed to release movies rated R...

so yeah i fail to see how Disney is gonna affect Marvel studios.

Old Post May 9th, 2010 07:00 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Disney has little to no input when it comes to what Marvel does in their movies. That said, Spider Man 3 was gay and that happened before Disney bought Marvel.

Old Post May 9th, 2010 08:05 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Fair enough. Spiderman 3 atleast had the action down. It just fumbled under its own complexity. Too many villains, Dunst and Maguire's terrible performances, same formula, etc.

With that said, Spiderman 3>>>X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Old Post May 9th, 2010 11:56 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Too many villains,

More like the Sam Raimi failed to put them to good use

as much as i like Sam Raimi seems he's not good at pulling off multiple villains in one movie.

Last edited by Kazenji on May 9th, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Old Post May 9th, 2010 12:31 PM
Darth Martin

I still think the over quantity of them made it extremely difficult to do them all justice, expanding the films runtime to over 2 and a 1/2 hours.

Old Post May 9th, 2010 01:01 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I still think the over quantity of them made it extremely difficult to do them all justice, expanding the films runtime to over 2 and a 1/2 hours.

So?

take a look at the Star Wars movies they had multiple villains in them

so yeah it can be done it all comes back to the director and what they do with them.

Old Post May 9th, 2010 01:04 PM
Darth Martin

Multiple villains in Star Wars? When?

They had them at different times. Spiderman 3 tried to incorporate them all in one big scene. I suppose your right, it does depend on how they're used.

You can't compare the way Bullseye, Kingpin, and Elektra were used to how New Goblin, Sandman, and Venom. Venom wasn't needed. Sandman atleast was a key to the plot. Venom was just thrown in there similar to the way Gambit was in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Old Post May 9th, 2010 08:24 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Gambit was in X-Men Origins? whistle

Old Post May 9th, 2010 09:41 PM
FistOfThe North

so was xavier.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 9th, 2010 11:52 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Multiple villains in Star Wars? When?

They had them at different times. .

Watch them again.......

Old Post May 10th, 2010 06:04 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

First thoughts, Statham as DD is a bad choice.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 12th, 2010 07:01 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Statham as DD is a moot point. The amount of years it seems will pass before Marvel turns their attention back to this, he'll be too old and a younger actor will present themselves.
The more necessary key is to have someone who plays a good Matt Murdock. You can hire stuntmen to do the most difficult fight scenes in the suit.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 12th, 2010 10:02 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote