KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Which HULK Film Do You Prefer?

Which HULK film do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
HULK (2003) 4 15.38%
The Incredible Hulk (2008) 22 84.62%
Total: 26 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Which HULK Film Do You Prefer?
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Which HULK Film Do You Prefer?

Just curious which film everyone prefers. I actually much prefer the Ang Lee film. Flawed though it may be, I find it far more satisfying visually, emotionally, and psychologically. I honestly thought the 2008 film was quite vapid and uninteresting (even though Liv Tyler was good in it, she couldn't save the film all on her own). I'm not familiar with any of the comics or anything, though.

HULK (2003)

or

The Incredible Hulk (2008)

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 03:00 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

It's no contest as far as I'm concerned, The Incredible Hulk is wayyyy better. Better acting, better story, it ties in to the current Avengers storyline, better villain... I can go on and on.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 03:17 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Yeah, I guess that's one of the main flaws with the Ang Lee version (although I don't necessarily see it as a flaw): there's not really a very clear focus on a villain. In fact, the end of the film doesn't really make much sense to me... haha.. I honestly don't really know what's going on, heh. But, I guess I enjoy the performances more, between Nick Nolte and Eric Bana. And I like that the villain isn't just some hulking manifestation of all that is bad.. makes it a bit more abstract and complex.

I honestly felt like The Incredible Hulk was just some boyish fantasy to have two big monster dudes fighting a lot. Found it rather boring.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 03:39 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

The one that has Deadpool in it.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:18 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Oh, and call me crazy, but I actually really liked the split-screen comic style that Ang Lee went for. I thought that worked surprisingly well.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 06:43 PM
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Oh, and call me crazy, but I actually really liked the split-screen comic style that Ang Lee went for. I thought that worked surprisingly well.

Then I will call you crazy, Crazy. stick out tongue

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 02:50 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Then I will call you crazy, Crazy. stick out tongue

I think being the only crazy one in a thread means that I'm the only sane one.. or, uh... something. shifty confused

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 02:16 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Both movies sucked.

In Lee's Hulk I enjoyed the action scene with tanks and pretty much that's it.

In TIH the only good moments were Hulk doing a thunderclap, enhanced Blonsky (pre-Abom) and Stark appearing in the after-credits scene.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 02:33 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
and Stark appearing in the after-credits scene.

Actually was before the credits, so everyone saw that scene, not just the Marvel fans waiting around till the end Lol

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 02:47 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Both movies sucked.

I almost made that one of the options. That, and "I like them equally," but I thought about it for a second and I really wanted to force people to pick one or the other. *shrug*

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 10:17 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

I just liked the way hulk's strength was portrayed in the first movie as opposed to the second. Hulk was pretty beast in the first. The second one pretty much just had the thunderclap. Other than that, he wasn't really anymore impressive than say, the thing. Incredible hulk had better acting, story etc. I prefer the strength shown in the first hulk, but Incredible hulk was a better movie.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 03:15 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

no contest...,nortons hulk. Shame there wont be a sequel.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 07:43 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Actually was before the credits, so everyone saw that scene, not just the Marvel fans waiting around till the end Lol

Not in my theater.

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I almost made that one of the options. That, and "I like them equally," but I thought about it for a second and I really wanted to force people to pick one or the other. *shrug*

If I had to choose, it'd be Lee's Hulk.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 02:11 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Not in my theater.

Oh right, I didnt know that.. Interesting..

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
no contest...,nortons hulk. Shame there wont be a sequel.

There might still be if the character does well in Avengers. But obviously wnt be a sequel with Norton.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 06:15 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Norton's Hulk was better than Ang Lee's Hulk

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 07:02 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I just liked the way hulk's strength was portrayed in the first movie as opposed to the second. Hulk was pretty beast in the first. The second one pretty much just had the thunderclap. Other than that, he wasn't really anymore impressive than say, the thing. Incredible hulk had better acting, story etc. I prefer the strength shown in the first hulk, but Incredible hulk was a better movie.
Co-sign

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 08:47 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Isn't Jennifer Connelly in Hulk? If so, Hulk> Incredible Hulk.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 08:49 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Bana Hulk was the better Hulk.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 09:47 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

YEAH!! RepreSENT, Prep-Man and CosmicComet!! big grin

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 05:08 PM
spidermanrocks

Hated '03 Hulk but I really enjoyed the '08 Hulk. The problem with the '03 Hulk lacks the tone and feel that a Hulk movie should have. The movie was way too moody and depressing. '08 Hulk felt a lot more like a Hulk movie should have. And Edward Norton played a better Bruce Banner/Hulk than Eric Bana IMO.

However, one thing I like about the 03 Hulk is that it used stuff from Peter David's Hulk comics. THAT was one of the things that I really liked about the movie (and one of the only things I liked too). But overall, '08 Hulk wins this for me.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 07:05 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote