KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Smartest person in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as of now?

Who is the Smartest Character in MCU as of now
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Tony Stark 5 71.43%
Bruce Banner 1 14.29%
Erik Selvig 0 0%
Other (explain) 1 14.29%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Smartest person in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as of now?
Started by: SWblayde938

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SWblayde938

Smartest person in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as of now?

who is the most intelligent person in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as of right now...

the 3 people that stand out.... are

Tony Stark
Bruce Banner
Erik Selvig

now if there is someone other that you think is smarter, then explain... but i think its between tony, bruce and erik.....

loki? maybe, he might be more knowledgable because he traveled to distance worlds, but when it comes to smarts...... more scientific is what im going at..

you can use characters from all movies in the MCU

Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Avengers...

which person in MCU is the most intelligent

Old Post May 4th, 2012 11:18 PM
SWblayde938 is currently offline Click here to Send SWblayde938 a Private Message Find more posts by SWblayde938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Reed Richards

Old Post May 5th, 2012 12:04 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Stark. He has created some crazy ass inventions. Nothing Reed has created comes close.

Old Post May 5th, 2012 01:10 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Reed Richards:

Created the stupid Fantasticar, and a space base. Reed didn't created the suit because he thinks that fighting with a weapon is for pussies.

Also, he found a way to go into Alba's underwears, so, it's bonus points right here.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 5th, 2012 02:00 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

A shame that movie sucked so hard. They could pull the F4 into the larger universe at some point.

Old Post May 5th, 2012 06:33 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Stark. He has created some crazy ass inventions. Nothing Reed has created comes close.

Hmm, how about the machine that replicates the cosmic storm that can give people superpowers (e.g Thing)? Or Device that allowed them to defeat the Silver Surfer.

Lets just say with Prep, I'm more confident that Reed would defeat Stark's enemies, than the other way round.

Ultimately, an argument could be made either way, but for me Reed gives off more of the super genius vibe.

Also..." I'm one of the greatest minds of the 21st century ("century" Reed? So modest, try millennium). I'm engaged to the hottest girl on the planet." big grin

Old Post May 5th, 2012 06:42 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

If you're nominating Reed, then you should consider Doom. The character may have been shitty, but he cured Ben when Reed could not.

Old Post May 5th, 2012 06:44 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by marwash22
If you're nominating Reed, then you should consider Doom. The character may have been shitty, but he cured Ben when Reed could not.

No, Reed is far smarter than Doom. That's why he needed Reed for the first space project. That's also why he was spying on Reed instead of coming up with his own cure. Also, Reed was the one that came up with the device to beat Surfer (after Doom observed the energy came from the board). Doom was just dicking around designing a device to control the board once Surfer was separated from it.

Also Doom didn't reverse the changes to Ben because of his intelligence, the machine was all made by Reed. The problem was Reed hadn't been able to obtain a power source great enough for it to work properly. Doom used his own lightning to power the machine to sufficient levels.

Indeed that is an incredibly high end energy output feat for Doom, but smarts had nothing to do with it.

Last edited by Placidity on May 5th, 2012 at 06:52 AM

Old Post May 5th, 2012 06:50 AM
Bouboumaster

Originally posted by Digi
A shame that movie sucked so hard. They could pull the F4 into the larger universe at some point.

Absolutly agreed.
I don't forgive them for what they did to Galactus.
And don't let me started on Doom.

Old Post May 5th, 2012 06:54 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Absolutly agreed.
I don't forgive them for what they did to Galactus.
And don't let me started on Doom.

Stan Lee himself expressed disappoint in Doom's portrayal. He's never really done that with his creations.

Old Post May 5th, 2012 06:58 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Placidity
No, Reed is far smarter than Doom. That's why he needed Reed for the first space project. That's also why he was spying on Reed instead of coming up with his own cure. Also, Reed was the one that came up with the device to beat Surfer (after Doom observed the energy came from the board). Doom was just dicking around designing a device to control the board once Surfer was separated from it.

Also Doom didn't reverse the changes to Ben because of his intelligence, the machine was all made by Reed. The problem was Reed hadn't been able to obtain a power source great enough for it to work properly. Doom used his own lightning to power the machine to sufficient levels.

Indeed that is an incredibly high end energy output feat for Doom, but smarts had nothing to do with it.
ah, you're right, been a while since i watched F4 and forgot about the power thing.

Old Post May 5th, 2012 06:59 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

ah, you're right, been a while since i watched F4 and forgot about the power thing.

No one blame you for forgetting those disgraces.

Old Post May 5th, 2012 07:42 AM
janus77
Banana Genius

I voted for Tony Stark, simply because he's the only one to have had a substantial amount of showings of using ingenuity and intelligence.

Banner is smart too, but he's not had the need to get the iPod out yet. His smartest moves are all ones that Stark could see coming (the play along and wait for Shield to reveal their true purpose thing) and that's nothing more than middlingly 'smart'.

There's been relatively little opportunity to demonstrate intelligence or true smarts in these films, as they are action movies. The bulk of the time is spent reacting to 'problems' and doing so in as explosive and spectacular a manner as possible. Stark has the toys and demonstrates the most application of ingenuity as a result of his situation.

Selvig is a good scientist, expert in his field, clearly highly technically competent, but a much more laid-back character and a clear team player. He doesn't shine much, either he supports and reinforces the passion and spark of Jane Foster or he implements the policy of others... Nothing really that smart from him. yet.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post May 5th, 2012 12:57 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

omg... you're including the Sucktastic Four films?

Shit no expression.... They're atrocities on the level of ... nipple-plated Batman body armour.

Even then, I would say Stark has more genuine smarts than Reed (the guy's naive, slow to read humans, idealistic to a fault and ponderous too)... Stark would zip through Reed's work in an afternoon, then eat in with Pepper. Reed to spend days looking over and absorbing bits and pieces of Stark's work, all the while letting Doom bang Sue!

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post May 5th, 2012 01:04 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SWblayde938

fantastic four movies are NOT in the marvel cinematic universe

Old Post May 5th, 2012 03:18 PM
SWblayde938 is currently offline Click here to Send SWblayde938 a Private Message Find more posts by SWblayde938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by SWblayde938
fantastic four movies are NOT in the marvel cinematic universe

How so? They're cinema. They're Marvel.

Old Post May 5th, 2012 06:29 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Stark.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 5th, 2012 07:51 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Digi
How so? They're cinema. They're Marvel.
The "Marvel Cinematic Universe" is the "shared universe" that started with Iron Man.

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America
The Avengers

technically, the F4 doesn't exist in the MCU.

Old Post May 5th, 2012 08:06 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

The "Marvel Cinematic Universe" is the "shared universe" that started with Iron Man.

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America
The Avengers

technically, the F4 doesn't exist in the MCU.

Did Marvel coin this term? I have yet to hear of it.

Old Post May 5th, 2012 08:19 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Tony Stark is like an idiot savant inventor; his brain seems to be moving faster than everyone else.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 6th, 2012 04:51 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote