KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Post Avenger flicks

most excited for
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Iron Man 3 7 46.67%
Thor 2 5 33.33%
Captain America 2 3 20.00%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Post Avenger flicks
Started by: SWblayde938

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SWblayde938

Post Avenger flicks

which one are you more excited for

Iron Man 3

Thor 2

Captain America 2

Old Post May 11th, 2012 11:08 PM
SWblayde938 is currently offline Click here to Send SWblayde938 a Private Message Find more posts by SWblayde938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

All three!

This talk of getting Hulk another feature in 2015 - I think that's the next ideal window for Avengers 2. So just keep Hulk in that series for now and make that the big release for 2015.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 11th, 2012 11:51 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Iron Man 3.

RDJ says Iron Man 3 is shaping up to be better than the previous two... he of course has a horse in the race, but I"m buying. The first one was excellent and i think they'll learn from the second ones mistakes and make number 3 the best yet. Plus, I'm interested to see how they will top the jetpack mark 7 from Avengers.

Old Post May 11th, 2012 11:54 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Iron Man.

Old Post May 12th, 2012 12:13 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

Cap 2. What the hell is that even going to be about

He is already in the present

Old Post May 12th, 2012 12:20 AM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Iron man 3 will be beast. The rumors point to it being atleast partly based on the extremis storyline.

Old Post May 12th, 2012 12:50 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stall_19
Herald of Galactus

Thor 2. Now that they don't have to connect Thor to the Avengers they can finally explore Thor's world fully. Also more Loki is always a good thing.

Old Post May 12th, 2012 02:36 AM
Stall_19 is currently offline Click here to Send Stall_19 a Private Message Find more posts by Stall_19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Thor because there plenty of story + characters revolving the big guy.

Hulk 2 would be nice.

Iron Man getting bit repetitive, but I like his witty character.

Old Post May 12th, 2012 05:46 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Cap 2. What the hell is that even going to be about

He is already in the present

They can do plenty of things in the present.

Old Post May 12th, 2012 05:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Avengers 2 by far! lol

But of the list Iron Man 3 definitely, Stark's always been my favorite Avenger, (unless you count the new Avengers with Spiderman) And of course RDJ makes his movie's/character even more awesome.

Based on news n rumors for IM3 here's my hopes. Tony's thinking more about Caps comment in Avengers about what is he without the armor. To move on he needs to become more than jus a guy in a suit. Meanwhile we find the ten rings terrorist rising to form a plan to humiliate Stark n break him down to nothing. They have ties to Dr. Aldrich Killian, whose experiment they plan to steal and use on their leader The Mandarin. After their first encounters Mandarin has Stark truly broken down thinking he's nothing without his armor, which has been taken from him finally. But he sacrifices himself trying to stop them. To save his life he's given the Extremis virus and after his recuperation he is able to update his armor to respond only to him via mental commands. Using the newest upgraded armor he takes what is his and defeats The Mandarin and the ten rings finally proving to himself he's now much more then a man in a suit.

I am pretty interested in Cap 2 also thou. I'm hoping for allot of flashbacks to the unseen battles before his final fight with Red Skull and freezing that are able to connect to current events with him adjusting to being "out of time". Finding how the world has really changed and the America he knew n believed in has long since gone or proved to be a lie. He meets up with some of the few people he knew still alive but very old. Baron Zemo could make for an interesting villain/twist. Maybe Cap is shocked to find he's still alive only to discover in the end it was his son. Seeing how hate can spread even after death. Perhaps after a dishearten Cap says to Shield he's done only in the end to decide no he's the one that won't corrupt or give up on the american dream. Even if the America now is nothing as it should of been he's not stopping. He's fighting for the idea the american dream and not necessarily the government!

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post May 12th, 2012 08:56 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Thor, by a large margin for me.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post May 12th, 2012 07:59 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

all 3

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 12th, 2012 08:25 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Iron Man 3: Said to be better than the first two according to RDJ. We do know it will be introducing many elements of the Extremis arc, which would be freaking awesome to see in live action. The ramifications and evolution of Tony actually becoming the armor would be nice to see.

Thor 2: Will showcase the other realms and likely give us greater scenery because of it. Personally hoping for the likes of Surtur or Hela as well as the development of Loki, who imo, stole the show (or a great deal of it) in the Avengers. With the entire cast returning for this one apparently, it will be sweet to see Asgard again and how they deal with things.

Captain America 2: Honestly, I'm the most pumped for this. Modern Day Cap allows us to build upon the Marvel Cinematic Universe more, specifically with SHIELD. Odds are, we'll probably see Winter Soldier or an allusion towards that specific arc, and I'd love to see Baron Zemo as the antagonist for the sequel.

Old Post May 13th, 2012 07:50 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Iron Man 3: Said to be better than the first two according to RDJ. We do know it will be introducing many elements of the Extremis arc, which would be freaking awesome to see in live action. The ramifications and evolution of Tony actually becoming the armor would be nice to see.

Thor 2: Will showcase the other realms and likely give us greater scenery because of it. Personally hoping for the likes of Surtur or Hela as well as the development of Loki, who imo, stole the show (or a great deal of it) in the Avengers. With the entire cast returning for this one apparently, it will be sweet to see Asgard again and how they deal with things.

Captain America 2: Honestly, I'm the most pumped for this. Modern Day Cap allows us to build upon the Marvel Cinematic Universe more, specifically with SHIELD. Odds are, we'll probably see Winter Soldier or an allusion towards that specific arc, and I'd love to see Baron Zemo as the antagonist for the sequel.
Agreed except for Surtur. He needs to be saved for Thor 3 IMO
I think Amora would be better for 2. Have her pissed about Thor's interest in Jane. Also I would love to see atleast a mention of his romantic link to Sif. Something the last film lacked along with the necessary build up to the climax to have perfected it. Great beginning and ending just felt his 2 days on Earth hardly established his learning his lesson or developed his deep love for Jane.

I like movies to follow a 1. Main villain 2. Backup Villain 3. Biggest Villain arc if at all possible. Just my preference.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Last edited by Entity on May 13th, 2012 at 08:08 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2012 08:02 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I'm trying really hard to think of how they could successfully incorporate Hercules into Thor 2 without throwing the audience or the plot into chaos.

Because you know, I'd love that.

Old Post May 13th, 2012 08:09 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Existere
I'm trying really hard to think of how they could successfully incorporate Hercules into Thor 2 without throwing the audience or the plot into chaos.

Because you know, I'd love that.

The entire second movie would have to delve into the other pantheons and whatnot, which would be awesome, but I don't think Marvel really seems to be wholeheartedly embracing the deity aspect of Thor. In the MCU, they seem keen on portraying them as hyper-advanced extra-dimensional beings with even looser ties to mythology than their comic counterparts, which is probably the only aspect about the Thor movie I didn't care for. I want to see the God of Thunder, not what's essentially an alien who is half heartedly referred to as a god or godlike.

And I think that approach to Asgard and making it "fit" into the Marvel Cinematic Universe would be even more haphazard with Hercules and the Olympians.

Old Post May 13th, 2012 08:15 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Yar.

I'd love to have Cap join in an ongoing mission against AIM/HYDRA, with Zemo at the helm of the antagonist forces. Baron Strucker could be the Palpatine for the third movie.

Winter Soldier would be their special anti-cap weapon.

Along the way, Cap could get to know Agent 13 and Mockingbird, plus work with either Widow or Hawkeye.

Make it happen, Marvel.

Old Post May 13th, 2012 08:16 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

The entire second movie would have to delve into the other pantheons and whatnot, which would be awesome, but I don't think Marvel really seems to be wholeheartedly embracing the deity aspect of Thor. In the MCU, they seem keen on portraying them as hyper-advanced extra-dimensional beings with even looser ties to mythology than their comic counterparts, which is probably the only aspect about the Thor movie I didn't care for. I want to see the God of Thunder, not what's essentially an alien who is half heartedly referred to as a god or godlike.

And I think that approach to Asgard and making it "fit" into the Marvel Cinematic Universe would be even more haphazard with Hercules and the Olympians.
Yeah. I guess it's a tricky decision for Marvel to make, how to go about portraying a superhero who's based on a lot of pre-existing mythology. Still, if Whedon showed anything, it was that the Avengers are best done when you go ahead and embrace everything they are, cause the audiences will follow.

I kind of pictured Hercules being sent as Olympus' champion against some extra-planar foe, alongside Thor - who is obviously fighting for Asgard. Loki could have his fun, manipulating them into fighting each other at first, before they team up to slay... well, whoever.

Old Post May 13th, 2012 08:21 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Yar.

I'd love to have Cap join in an ongoing mission against AIM/HYDRA, with Zemo at the helm of the antagonist forces. Baron Strucker could be the Palpatine for the third movie.

Winter Soldier would be their special anti-cap weapon.

Along the way, Cap could get to know Agent 13 and Mockingbird, plus work with either Widow or Hawkeye.

Make it happen, Marvel.

thumb up

All I ask for in Cap's sequels are Winter Soldier, Zemo, Sharon Carter, and Falcon. Not much at all, really. And given the easter egg of Zola's mech-body, we could even see that play out in the sequel. But if I was really greedy, I'd demand MODOK.

Yeah. I guess it's a tricky decision for Marvel to make, how to go about portraying a superhero who's based on a lot of pre-existing mythology. Still, if Whedon showed anything, it was that the Avengers are best done when you go ahead and embrace everything they are, cause the audiences will follow.

I kind of pictured Hercules being sent as Olympus' champion against some extra-planar foe, alongside Thor - who is obviously fighting for Asgard. Loki could have his fun, manipulating them into fighting each other at first, before they team up to slay... well, whoever.

Totally agree on Whedon and what he did. The Avengers didn't try and force this concept of such implausible beings working together in the same universe, but rather just embraced the, well, comic book-y aspect of it all and applied it to the medium of motion film. Sometimes it almost feels like Marvel tip toes around that out of fear of coming off too campy or cheesy, but no risk, no reward.

I think our odds of seeing Beta Ray Bill are larger than Herc, especially after Hemsworth was asked about the character and went on about how bizzare and cool the concept was. But I'd take either or in the film universe.

Old Post May 13th, 2012 08:40 AM
Smurph
------

thumb up

All I ask for in Cap's sequels are Winter Soldier, Zemo, Sharon Carter, and Falcon. Not much at all, really. And given the easter egg of Zola's mech-body, we could even see that play out in the sequel. But if I was really greedy, I'd demand MODOK.

Yeah. There are definitely things I want to see covered and accomplished in the Cap solo movies - obvious characters like Zemo and Sharon are a must, and I'd like to see Steve Rogers really evolve into a leader fit for a superhuman fighting force.

Other things I want from the Cap movies have less to do with the captain and more to do with the potential they have for opening up Marvel's cinematic world. Thor's off in Asgard, where he should be, and the Iron Man movies are based pretty heavily in the Tony-centric setting. Cap's a newcomer to the world though, and he's easily the most capable character Marvel has to branch out and explore some of the crazy places and characters Marvel has to offer.

This is especially true so long as the cinematic versions of characters like the X-Men, Spider-Man, Daredevil etc aren't able to perform that function themselves.

Old Post May 13th, 2012 09:02 AM