KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » DC's Shared universe will start with...

DC's Shared universe will start with...
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

DC's Shared universe will start with...

Man of Steel. Who will be the director of JLA? David Yates (Harry Potter) might be the man.

quote:
• Our source tells us that the major developments are underway at DC Entertainment — and the Man of Steel will spearhead it all.

• The Man of Steel will be chapter #1 of a shared universe, it will all bend around that film.

• In chronological terms, the Man of Steel is the first.

• Henry Cavill will be given a new contract after Man of Steel that would probably include a pay raise along with his new terms that feature the Justice League film and subsequent sequels.

• Lobo will be the second movie after Man of Steel, and is said to take place off Earth and won't affect any of the other films.

• The Flash and Wonder Woman (Nicolas Winding Refn is expected to be directing) scripts will be spin-offs from the Justice League film that should be released summer 2014/2015, and The Flash will be rewritten to fit around events that will transpire in Justice League.

• Ryan Reynolds will be expected to reprise his role as Green Lantern, and the events that transpired in his film - although they won't be ignored in the Justice League Movie, they won't be acknowledged either. It will sort of be hints to his backstory, and the character will be more serious than in the solo film (more like how he was towards the end of the film).

• The Green Lantern sequel has a treatment but the situation is unclear. It most likely will be brought to a stage where it is near getting the green light, and will be held there until things become clearer where that franchise is headed.

• The rebooted Batman film (won't be an origin story, but will focus on a Batman who is entering his second year as a hero) will be apart of the same universe.

• The details plot wise for the Justice League Movie are unknown, but a couple comic book writers have penned the treatment that Will Beall will be scripting.

• Christopher Nolan won't be directing the Justice League Movie.

• There aren't any directors set for the Justice League Movie yet, although a shortlist has been drawn up (Matt Reeves, Jonathan Liebsman, David Yates are rumoured within WB) by the execs.

• The budget for the Justice League Movie will be around $270 million.

• DC are looking to release 2 films a year

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...n-lantern-flas

Warner Bros have a Whole Host of Movies Lined Up

[QUOTE]• The Justice League movie is David Yates' to lose; he is the heavy favorite to become director of the movie.

• The look of the film will not be as colorful or as bright as Marvel's The Avengers — which looked like a comic book in real life.

• The Justice League Movie will look like an epic blockbuster film in tone with The Dark Knight Trilogy and Man of Steel, which is something Warner Bros. is keen on — to avoid similarities with The Avengers.

Christopher Nolan is "godfathering" the project from a distance, meaning more or less Warner Bros. went to him and asked his opinions and how he would he do things.

• Christopher Nolan may well be credited as an Executive Producer on the film with wife Emma Thomas.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 07:48 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Mark Millar's quote about the new JLA movie:

quote:
"A pal of mine is good friends with the new Justice League screenwriter and said his take on the team is incredible. Very real-world and not at all what you might expect. WB has a chequered history with their superhero characters. They're great with their boy wizards, but less consistent with their DC stable. But my chum said that this could be a thing of beauty and has been in the works for a little while now, not just an avengers knock-off. Best of luck to them. The tidbits I heard sound quite dark and mature, which isn't what I expected. But word on Gangster Squad is great too so I feel this is in really good hands." - Mark Millar

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 07:51 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

"According to Variety, The Flash, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Lobo, the Suicide Squad, and Shazam are all in different stages of development as films at Warner Bros."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...-more-dc-movies

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 01:40 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

It looks like this could all hang on how well Superman does on hte big screen this time around.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 01:51 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Newjak
It looks like this could all hang on how well Superman does on hte big screen this time around.

Yeah, though hoping it's good either way. Superman needs a good movie.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 01:58 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Man of Steel. Who will be the director of JLA? David Yates (Harry Potter) might be the man.
Thanks for the info. I'm sure that The Avengers being a HUGE blockbuster has nothing to do with DCEs decision. stick out tongue
Originally posted by -Pr-
"According to Variety, The Flash, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Lobo, the Suicide Squad, and Shazam are all in different stages of development as films at Warner Bros."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...-more-dc-movies
Sweet!

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 03:26 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

I dont care how the other movies do as long as the flash movie is good

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 03:42 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah, though hoping it's good either way. Superman needs a good movie.
Yes he does.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 02:25 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Mark Millar's quote about the new JLA movie:

You know how many times Mark Millar has shot his mouth off about various upcoming DC movie projects, only to be proven wrong time and again? Last year at this time, he was jumping on the bandwagon to criticize Green Lantern, saying it's failure was the result of DC characters being better suited to animation than live action.

Never mind his opinion. DC & Warners love to put out press releases, but it's all just talk for now.

So, whatever happened to that Doom Patrol move they got Akiva Goldsmith to develop, hmm? Or that Sgt. Rock movie set in the future? stick out tongue

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 04:20 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by roughrider
You know how many times Mark Millar has shot his mouth off about various upcoming DC movie projects, only to be proven wrong time and again? Last year at this time, he was jumping on the bandwagon to criticize Green Lantern, saying it's failure was the result of DC characters being better suited to animation than live action.

Never mind his opinion. DC & Warners love to put out press releases, but it's all just talk for now.

So, whatever happened to that Doom Patrol move they got Akiva Goldsmith to develop, hmm? Or that Sgt. Rock movie set in the future? stick out tongue

I don't really pay attention to what he says in general. A writer is already assigned to JLA, so time will tell if it will fall through or not.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 11:04 PM
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by roughrider
Last year at this time, he was jumping on the bandwagon to criticize Green Lantern, saying it's failure was the result of DC characters being better suited to animation than live action.

Well, that's a ridiculous statement, superheroes, no matter what the costume/powers can be translated easily to screen, Marvel have shown that repeatedly now.

It's the lack of will to come up with anything but origin stories and not having the style and atmosphere being the same all across the board. Don't want to tread on anyone's toes but had the Nolan Batman project been a bit more JL-friendly then with GL already in the bag and Superman coming up more DC characters would have been able to be fleshed out. As it is with it being disconnected from the other two it kind of halts the whole thing with having to do Batman yet again as well as taking a shot at other characters.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 06:46 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

It sounds fake to me. That website has reported wrong information in the past so this wouldn't be the first time.

Seriously, they want a $270 million budget for the JL movie when the script most likely isn't even done yet. That's one of the reasons why it sounds fake to me.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 03:52 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

DC needs to learn to stop overspending on their movie budgets. Green Lantern and Superman Returns were both ridiculous in terms of budgets.

They can't just assume Superman will make a Billion and Green Lantern Half a Billion. They need to take risks but not in a way that if something fails it will take them right back to the drawing board.

Right now everything's resting on Superman's shoulders. I still think they should capitalize on the success of Nolan's series and use Bale as Batman to lead the JL alongside a hopefully successful Man of Steel. I don't think audiences will like a Batman reboot so soon after a Batman franchise they loved.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 04:35 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
DC needs to learn to stop overspending on their movie budgets. Green Lantern and Superman Returns were both ridiculous in terms of budgets.

They can't just assume Superman will make a Billion and Green Lantern Half a Billion. They need to take risks but not in a way that if something fails it will take them right back to the drawing board.

Right now everything's resting on Superman's shoulders. I still think they should capitalize on the success of Nolan's series and use Bale as Batman to lead the JL alongside a hopefully successful Man of Steel. I don't think audiences will like a Batman reboot so soon after a Batman franchise they loved.

Bale has always said that if Nolan does it so will he.. I understand the need to reboot however all WB/DC needs to do is have Nolan/Bale return and then get out of their way so they can continue their great work together

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 06:51 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

I don't think I would like the idea of the Nolan/Bale Batman in a JL movie. His take on Batman is too grounded in reality to fit in a JL film. Plus, I don't think the suit he wears in the Nolan trilogy can translate well into a JL film. The suit never looked that good to begin with IMO, as well as any other Batman suit used in live action IMO, but they weren't a big problem for me either because Batman spends most of his time in darkness so you can't clearly see his suit. But in a JL film, I'm going to assume he won't spend as much time in the shadows and more time during daylight or in a bright setting.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 08:11 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by spidermanrocks
I don't think I would like the idea of the Nolan/Bale Batman in a JL movie. His take on Batman is too grounded in reality to fit in a JL film. Plus, I don't think the suit he wears in the Nolan trilogy can translate well into a JL film. The suit never looked that good to begin with IMO, as well as any other Batman suit used in live action IMO, but they weren't a big problem for me either because Batman spends most of his time in darkness so you can't clearly see his suit. But in a JL film, I'm going to assume he won't spend as much time in the shadows and more time during daylight or in a bright setting.

Remember Nolan "Godfathered" The Man of steel film

if the rumors are true he is also "Godfathering" the JLA film so it is very conceivable that he might have a lot of sayso and obvious WB should listen to what he has to say

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 08:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I don't think I would like the idea of the Nolan/Bale Batman in a JL movie. His take on Batman is too grounded in reality to fit in a JL film.

Not sure why people think this. Batman is by nature quite a grounded character.

His world always has been the most "realistic" but that doesn't mean you can't include him in the JL.

I just think if WB/DC are serious about making a successful JL movie then they would be wise to have the Bale/Nolan Batman leading the way.

Look how heavily Marvel capitalized on the huge success of Iron man to lead the way for the Avengers movie. Despite Iron man not being the most powerful Avenger, and despite his movie suit not being on par with the comic version.

Even the trailers for Avengers and the movie itself had Downey's Iron man at the forefront.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 09:07 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Remember Nolan "Godfathered" The Man of steel film

if the rumors are true he is also "Godfathering" the JLA film so it is very conceivable that he might have a lot of sayso and obvious WB should listen to what he has to say

Just because he is godfathering Man of Steel doesn't necessarily mean that he will make sure Man of Steel will fit in the same universe as BB, TDK, and TDKR. The DC cinematic universe (if the info in the link is accurate) has only been announced after the success of the Avengers. Man of Steel is now in post-production. In other words, chances are Nolan didn't even know there would be a DC movie universe until recently. Plus, he himself has stated that Batman is the only superhero that exists in the world he created in his trilogy. So it looks like he didn't bother to connect the franchises. On top of that, it also looks like TDKR will be the final chapter and other directors won't be able to continue the franchise from there.

Nolan did say that he will stay as producer for the next Batman, if it reboots. It's possible that he may godfather the reboot to a path that leads to a JL movie but it's unlikely he'll do that to his first trilogy. The first Nolan trilogy seems to be a sealed deal.

Not saying that it definitely won't happen. Just saying that it's unlikely.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 09:51 PM
spidermanrocks

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Not sure why people think this. Batman is by nature quite a grounded character.

His world always has been the most "realistic" but that doesn't mean you can't include him in the JL.

I just think if WB/DC are serious about making a successful JL movie then they would be wise to have the Bale/Nolan Batman leading the way.

Look how heavily Marvel capitalized on the huge success of Iron man to lead the way for the Avengers movie. Despite Iron man not being the most powerful Avenger, and despite his movie suit not being on par with the comic version.

Even the trailers for Avengers and the movie itself had Downey's Iron man at the forefront.

I never said you can't include him in a JL film just because he's grounded. I said I don't think Nolan's Batman will fit too well in a JL film because he is TOO grounded in reality to exist in a JL universe.

It's true that he is by nature a grounded character. However, despite him being grounded, he can do stuff that no real human being can do. He can jump from rooftop to rooftop, jump from a building and land safely on his feet, dodge machine guns while gliding, is so fluid in martial arts to the point where he makes Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee take notes, goes 2 - 3 days without sleep and still fight at the peak human level, etc. All those feats have yet to be displayed by Bale's Batman.

Plus, the main reason why Batman is able to keep up with all the other superheroes in the JL despite not having any powers is his intelligence. While Bale's Batman is pretty intelligent, he has yet to show that he is the world's greatest detective.

I'm not bashing on Bale's Batman. I'm just saying that his Batman's nature is to be very grounded in reality. That is fine but we need a take on Batman that is both grounded in reality by nature but also able to fit in a less grounded setting such as a JL movie. The DCAU version of Batman would be a good example of a Batman like that. If you take a look at BTAS, it is very grounded in reality but at the same time, the DCAU version of Batman is also unrealistic enough to fit in the JL and JLU episodes.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 10:24 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Nolan did say that he will stay as producer for the next Batman, if it reboots. It's possible that he may godfather the reboot to a path that leads to a JL movie but it's unlikely he'll do that to his first trilogy. The first Nolan trilogy seems to be a sealed deal.

Not saying that it definitely won't happen. Just saying that it's unlikely.

it's not really a matter of "if" they reboot it at this point. WB has more or less decided to reboot it.

I think it would be a great Idea to hand a DC shared universe in the hands of of a very great and savvy director. Someone that can consider the source material. TDK series however will not be tied in that's a sure thing...but I would say the current series wont have an entirely "tied up" ending as WB has announced they want the series to have an "ongoing" feel after its overs.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 10:24 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote