KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Dwayne Johnson as Lobo?

Dwayne Johnson as Lobo?
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Dwayne Johnson as Lobo?

OK so I've been hearing rumors that The Rock will play the part of The Main Man Lobo. What do you guys think of this idea? I think he'd be a great Lobo personally.

Comments?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07...n-confirms-lobo

Old Post Jul 27th, 2012 04:59 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Physically he'll make a good Lobo. I don't know if he'll have the right personality for it.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2012 05:00 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I like the Rock a lot, but this is...weird.

Obviously, he's been fan casted as Black Adam for years now, with Johnson being eager in his own right to play him. But Lobo? If they go with heavy make-up/CGI I guess he could resemble him, but I don't know how he'd pull off the personality. But he is a highly charismatic fellow, so maybe he can. It also depends on the tone of the movie and just how brutal/gruesome/hilarious it will be.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2012 05:10 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Obviously, he's been fan casted as Black Adam for years now, with Johnson being eager in his own right to play him. But Lobo? If they go with heavy make-up/CGI I guess he could resemble him, but I don't know how he'd pull off the personality. But he is a highly charismatic fellow, so maybe he can. It also depends on the tone of the movie and just how brutal/gruesome/hilarious it will be.
It just depends on your version of Lobo.

Rock may not be the most gifted actor, but

if you need someone to be charismatic with the ability to smoothly say some verbal ownage than that is something the Rock can do stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 27th, 2012 06:45 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

as long as he becomes wwe champ, i don;t care at all lol

i hope they release pics of him in the makeup sometime soon

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 27th, 2012 06:51 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by JakeTheBank

I never thought about it but yea The Rock is Black Adam. Don't think he has the personality though.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2012 07:09 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

If I remember correctly, Jeffery dean Morgan was eager to play lobo. I think his personality, voice and face would be a perfect fit. They would have to pull some
movie magic to make that work but it could be epic.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2012 08:38 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

I nominate this guy.

(please log in to view the image)

And yes he does have the personality. There are several live tv shows that ended with him beating someone up. Last time it was some priest. Aso his voice sounds badass.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 08:37 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

The Rock would work as Namor stick out tongue

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 08:39 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I'd prefer Rock as Black Adam over Lobo.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 08:49 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

If Dwayne Johnson isn't busy, and they actually are making this film, I don't have a problem with this casting.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 05:11 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

it could work.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 06:20 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

horrible idea.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 09:34 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I prefer the guy that played the Comedian. He actually looks like Lobo, if he's in makeup and has the personality. MAKE IT HAPPEN WB!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 09:55 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

^That would be Jeffery dean Morgan.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 10:31 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Wait, I thought Warner Bros was serious about making comic book movies other than S-Man and the Bat? WTF is this shit?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 05:54 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Some info has surfaced about the sypnosis but it is't official.

http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/254223/[Movies]-Lobo-Movie-Gets-a-Rumored-Logline.htm

As for the Rock being the frontrunner for the role it shouldn't matter because most likely he'll wear a suit or some of it will be CGI.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 02:12 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Some info has surfaced about the sypnosis but it is't official.

http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/254223/[Movies]-Lobo-Movie-Gets-a-Rumored-Logline.htm

As for the Rock being the frontrunner for the role it shouldn't matter because most likely he'll wear a suit or some of it will be CGI.

Voice acting doesn't matter to you?

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 02:27 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Originally posted by SamZED
I nominate this guy.

And yes he does have the personality. There are several live tv shows that ended with him beating someone up. Last time it was some priest. Aso his voice sounds badass.
plus you save the cost of make-up.

and the rock, as Black Adam... hmm the Americans are not ready for a Muslim like anti hero.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 04:26 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Hey, I've got an idea! Why don't they make a Green Lanterns movie and cast Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 04:34 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote