KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » New DC movies announced: Flashpoint, and Superman Unbound

New DC movies announced: Flashpoint, and Superman Unbound
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

New DC movies announced: Flashpoint, and Superman Unbound

Just announded at NYCC, DC has released details of two upcoming animated movies.

One is called Flashpoint, and is based on, well, Flashpoint.

The other, more interestingly, is called Superman Unbound, and is an adaptation of the Superman: Brainiac arc by Geoff Johns.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...h/news/?a=68640

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2012 03:28 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

quote:
One is called Flashpoint, and is based on, well, Flashpoint.

...How the hell are they planning to pull this off

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Oct 14th, 2012 04:22 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

won't buy Flashpoint, Superman: Unbound sounds intriguing though

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 14th, 2012 06:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Should spent less time on animated, and more time on "real" movies

Old Post Oct 14th, 2012 08:04 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Should spent less time on animated, and more time on "real" movies

Nah, their record with animation is superior to their live action movies, they should do the opposite: stick to animation and invest to get better quality and writing, stop whoring money to useless Hollywood actors that can't get DC right cool

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 15th, 2012 07:39 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Bentley
Nah, their record with animation is superior to their live action movies, they should do the opposite: stick to animation and invest to get better quality and writing, stop whoring money to useless Hollywood actors that can't get DC right cool

The Actors have nothing to do with that its more Warner Bro's.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2012 07:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 05:11 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Thread title should preface the fact these are animated, direct to DVD movies. Not like DC is getting any more active in making more live action features, despite blowing a lot of hot air when the latest Marvel movie comes out.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 04:07 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Del Toror and an unnamed writer will be doing Dark Universe! eek! Can't wait.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 04:12 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Kazenji
The Actors have nothing to do with that its more Warner Bro's.

Ok, I'll rephrase it since I made it sound as if it was the actors fault. Just directing, casting and acting has massive flaws when put together, the writing isn't strong either. They should stick in animation and spend more money on that.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 04:12 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Bentley
Ok, I'll rephrase it since I made it sound as if it was the actors fault. Just directing, casting and acting has massive flaws when put together, the writing isn't strong either. They should stick in animation and spend more money on that.

That would be a horrible business plan, since animation (the type WB uses) doesn't make all that much money.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 04:13 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Then be daring and develop an animation website, DC should fix their business model and mass produce that sh_t seizing a niche that nobody else has. The already have a solid online division, they could sell animation with physical/virtual comics etc.

Or, they could continue to pay millions to live actions movies that flo, which is the better business plan, I guess.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 04:18 PM
Senor Cage

WB is a massive studio that produces more genres than super hero stuff/animation. They don't become the most profitable studio year in and year out by just focusing on super hero/action movies.

Although, that IS changing, since their blockbusters are finished. Namely Harry Potter and Nolan's Batman.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 04:21 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'll watch the Flashpoint adaption. I actually enjoyed the comic series quite a bit.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 04:34 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Golgo13
WB is a massive studio that produces more genres than super hero stuff/animation. They don't become the most profitable studio year in and year out by just focusing on super hero/action movies.

Although, that IS changing, since their blockbusters are finished. Namely Harry Potter and Nolan's Batman.

That has... Almost nothing to do with what I said

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 04:41 PM
Senor Cage

What? Mass developing a bunch of cartoons? Probably not important to them, since they already make money.l

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 05:02 PM
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Originally posted by Golgo13
Del Toror and an unnamed writer will be doing Dark Universe! eek! Can't wait.

Yeah that will be good! I hope they don't try to do to much and show to many characters, leave some for the next animated movie. smile

The Word

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 05:47 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I thought Warner Bros. shut down their direct to DVD animation division. Made news last yer.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 08:24 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I haven't read the comics, but I'll gladly watch Flashpoint. DC's animated movies tend to be pretty good.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 02:26 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

I'm very excited for this.

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 02:02 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote