KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Guillermo del Toro on Heaven Sent AKA Justice League Dark?

Guillermo del Toro on Heaven Sent AKA Justice League Dark?
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Guillermo del Toro on Heaven Sent AKA Justice League Dark?

Make this happen WB!

quote:
Latino-Review claims that del Toro wants "to do his own version of the Avengers, just supernaturally. Called Heaven Sent he is combining all the magical beings from DC Comics in one epic adventure. Deadman, The Spectre, Swamp Thing, Constantine Hellblazer, Phantom Stranger, Zatanna, Zatara, and Sargon as well as Etrigan the Demon will team up to no doubt save us from the Stay Puft Marshmallow man. Now this one is a ways away, but Warner’s lawyers have been working every night trying to clear the rights to all these characters."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11...s-team-up-movie

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 11:30 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

The comic book fanboy in me would love to see something like this come into fruition. The practical side of me really thinks WB ought to focus on establishing their primary characters in the form of the Justice League outside of Superman and Batman.

It just seems weird how you hear about projects like this and Lobo and Metal Men before you hear about a goddamn Wonder Woman or Flash movie, both of which, I'm pretty positive, would draw much more buzz and money than a Justice League Dark/Sentinels of Magic type film.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2012 02:14 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

So long as there is a passionate director, let them have at it. They main stars aren't getting those movies because WB does not have focus. Del Toro, however, sounds like he does have a vision that he wants to make happen.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2012 02:34 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The comic book fanboy in me would love to see something like this come into fruition. The practical side of me really thinks WB ought to focus on establishing their primary characters in the form of the Justice League outside of Superman and Batman.

It just seems weird how you hear about projects like this and Lobo and Metal Men before you hear about a goddamn Wonder Woman or Flash movie, both of which, I'm pretty positive, would draw much more buzz and money than a Justice League Dark/Sentinels of Magic type film.

thumb up

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2012 03:45 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I trust Del Toro, but would Keanu be playing Constantine again?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2012 03:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

That's because the solo movies will spin out of the JLA movie. WB is hoping to establish the characters their first. It will be the opposite of what Marvel did.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2012 05:37 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by -Pr-
I trust Del Toro, but would Keanu be playing Constantine again?

Nowhere did it say Keanu will be playing Constantine. Especially since that movie won't even be in continuity with Del Toro's project.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2012 05:38 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Golgo13
That's because the solo movies will spin out of the JLA movie. WB is hoping to establish the characters their first. It will be the opposite of what Marvel did.

In any case, we keep hearing more about these second and third string characters which are fairly obscure to the common fan over any developments for the main characters from the DCU. Which makes next to no sense.

WB has went on record to more or less scoff at Marvel's shared continuity, claiming that their vision would be different and they didn't want to merely copy the competition...even though Marvel didn't invent shared continuity films. But after the success of the Avengers, now WB is scrambling to get something out and soon, but without any sort of focus.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2012 05:45 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

In any case, we keep hearing more about these second and third string characters which are fairly obscure to the common fan over any developments for the main characters from the DCU. Which makes next to no sense.

WB has went on record to more or less scoff at Marvel's shared continuity, claiming that their vision would be different and they didn't want to merely copy the competition...even though Marvel didn't invent shared continuity films. But after the success of the Avengers, now WB is scrambling to get something out and soon, but without any sort of focus.

Why doesn't it make sense? Ever since DC Entertainment was created, Diane wanted to expand the DC properties and a JL Dark type movie is the perfect route to take.

WB has been talking about a shared universe for a while, actually. Ever since the last Superman movie was released.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2012 06:26 AM
WhiteWitchKing

WB has been talking about a shared universe for a while, actually. Ever since the last Superman movie was released.

Yes, talk. That's about the only thing they do well at Warner Bros when it comes to they're comic book franchise. SR was in 2006; DC had 2 Batman and a Green Lantern film. We'll see if they actual try for a shared universe in this Superman film.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2012 05:15 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Seeing as a JLA movie is coming out, they will have a shared universe. Around 2015/2016.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2012 05:42 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Seeing as a JLA movie is coming out, they will have a shared universe. Around 2015/2016.

Seeing as Star Wars is now set to return in 2015, along with the arrival of Avengers 2, I expect an announcement within a years time that the JL movie has been pushed back to 2016, or later.

And DC/WB still seems to be debating about establishing a shared continuity among separate franchises. That's what I would want, but last time they tried to get different actors for Superman and Batman for the JL movie. Until Man Of Steel bows, I don't think this question will get answered.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 7th, 2012 10:40 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Feb 27th, 2013 07:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i just wish del toro would at least finish Hellboy.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 08:23 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
i just wish del toro would at least finish Hellboy.

Won't be happening it seems

movie 3 needs $150 million and no studio wants to back it and even Mike Mignola is even unsure about sequel now

as for this movie if it ends up actually being a success its going to put shame on the development on the other Justice League movie.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2013 09:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Del Toro says Justice League Dark is dependent on Warner Bros. overall plan for DC

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/gui...all-plan-for-dc

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 12:33 PM