KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Who else could play Tony Stark/Iron Man?

Who else could play Tony Stark/Iron Man?
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Who else could play Tony Stark/Iron Man?

If Robert Downey Jr. doesn't return. He says he wants to do other roles, but I think he'll return. If he doesn't, who could play him in Hollywood?

http://www.newsarama.com/film/iron-...-downey-jr.html

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2013 11:57 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

They will have to make this decision one day, because this franchise has real legs and is very original - synthesizing the superhero movie with the James Bond formula, with a hint of Tom Clancy.

Who's a young up and comer right now, with the same kind of charisma? Hmmm...

You know, when they were casting for the first movie, I really thought they would look at Colin Farrell. He's still only in his mid 30's, and has no franchise of his own...

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 01:49 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I don't care too much for Colin. How about Tom Hardy?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 02:21 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Sam Rockwell, that guy convinced me in IM2 that he can do it similarly

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 03:11 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
I don't care too much for Colin. How about Tom Hardy?

Too rough around the edges. Stark is a womanizing playboy.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 03:12 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

If Tom Cruis was young enough, could he play it?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 03:13 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

I hated the Idea of Cruise playing Stark when he was rumored

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 04:13 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Lol for some reason I just thought Leo Dicaprio with his hair dyed black would be suuuuuuuuch an interesting choice.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 04:16 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

simple and only answer.. NO ONE CAN PLAY TONY STARK/IRON MAN the way that Robert Downey, jr has

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 04:33 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I think that's true. I don't think they would even be able to go the over the top, witty, mouthy stark route after RDJ because he owns that interpretation hands down. I think they need to go like the charming man of mystery type route if they started a new franchise of movies. Something like the Great Gatsby with armor, something with a little bit more of a serious tone.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 05:17 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Hardy can do whatever he wants, he would be a good choice.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 05:23 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Such an odd choice. Havent really seen anything from him that suits Stark.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 02:43 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

If Tom Cruis was young enough, could he play it?

Of course; he was even attached to the project around 2000. But he's 50 years old now, it's water under the bridge. Who is the best guy to take over in a few years time, that is the question.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 03:17 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Bentley
Hardy can do whatever he wants, he would be a good choice.

love tom hardy, if he were to take over, i'd watch

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 09:29 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

If Robert Downey Jr. doesn't return. He says he wants to do other roles, but I think he'll return. If he doesn't, who could play him in Hollywood?

http://www.newsarama.com/film/iron-...-downey-jr.html
Nicholas Cage.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 02:45 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Originally posted by Badabing
Nicholas Cage.

Yes! [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Those moments when Tony's a total drunk does Cage look the part.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 05:30 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by xJLxKing

He's already played Justin Hammer in the Iron Man series.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2013 02:09 AM
janus77
Banana Genius

Simple really, Rob Lowe.

He's a grown up version of RDJ in real life and his Tony Stark would be quite... unnerving and irritating and realistic.

He'd also be taller than Pepper and more of a convincing "ladies man" than RDJ who comes across as more fame-whore magnet.

If not him, then perhaps Bradley Cooper, though he's a bit too ... well, he looks slightly like a stoner.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2013 11:07 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by xJLxKing

God no! He's just a boring actor and aside from playing characters that are in some way or other inadequate, he doesn't really do anything well. His Justin Hammer was one of the many "bum notes" of IM2.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2013 11:08 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
simple and only answer.. NO ONE CAN PLAY TONY STARK/IRON MAN the way that Robert Downey, jr has

thumb up

He MADE Iron Man the huge hit that it was. And I honestly believe The Avengers needs to credit much of it's success to him too.

But then I suppose you could see it as all the success really being down to Marvel studios casting the right guy (I initially thought he was an odd choice). As well as doing a Fab job in picking the right Directors - Joss Whedon.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2013 11:39 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote