KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Started by: janus77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
janus77
Banana Genius

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Anyone seen it? Any good?

I see they have the actor who played Coulson in the movies and the one woman with the really nice arse (err, Maria Hill) from Avengers too.

Hope it's good, don't want to waste my time torrenting it otherwise.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2013 10:09 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I liked it, but the story was a bit slow. I'm looking forward to watching more of it though.

By Stoic

Old Post Sep 27th, 2013 12:36 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

I liked it. It was only the pilot, so it should only get better.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 01:51 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
pilot episode was horrible.. could have been better.. it did show some promise so i will continue to watch, however since this going up against arguably the show show on tv NCIS, this will have to wait for me to watch until around 11 pm my time

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 03:02 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah was expecting much much better from Whedon and Marvel.

But hey the first episode of Buffy was pretty bad, so we'll see where this goes.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 08:45 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I see the potential for agents to become its own thing and soon attract a rabid fanbase. The new characters are interesting and have LOADS of potential. I was surprised. I'd give it a while before reaching arrow in quality (really like that show too) but I liked how clearly defined all the characters were even in the pilot of agents. The kind of characters who become fan favorites down the road.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 09:46 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Pretty good stuff. Vaguely "Heroes"-y, but better characters, which is natural since Coulson and Hill are already a little more developed.

"Charles Gunn" playing the guy you think is a recognised hero only to find him actually some random guy ... nice touch.

Whedon seems to always work in an actor from his past, somewhere.

Would love to see Amy Ackers as AIM's field commander or something.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2013 11:39 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The second episode was not bad and the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Nick Fury appearance near the end grilling Coulsan

Originally posted by janus77
P
Would love to see Amy Ackers as AIM's field commander or something.

If they use AIM in this tv show, hope we get the yellow outfits since Iron Man 3 didn't use them.

Last edited by Kazenji on Oct 2nd, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2013 11:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

second episode wasn't that impressive either despite seeing [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Sam Jackson ...

this show HAS GOT TO PICK UP and tell better stories.. I'd like to know where in the world are S.H.I.E.L.D.'S weapons at.. All I see is that this is a cop show , yet it should be more

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2013 06:13 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2013 07:52 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

That's tough. I thought the second episode was better than the pilot. Hopefully it picks up steam.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2013 08:25 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Not surprising considering the pilot was disappointing. They should have aired the first 2 episodes together Imo.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2013 08:46 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Golgo13
Huge ratings drop.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=48231

not really a surprise.. this show must improve

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2013 12:00 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Not surprising considering the pilot was disappointing. They should have aired the first 2 episodes together Imo.

They did here.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2013 12:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Oh damn! F*** tv networks. Should just download!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2013 07:37 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

not really a surprise.. this show must improve

What exactly are you expecting from the show?

seem to have your expectations too high.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2013 11:17 AM
janus77
Banana Genius

I enjoyed the pilot more than the second ep. A bit too formulaic and the whole military thing is ... Shades of the flimsy military that Whedon wrote into Buffy season 4 (and onwards - "The Initiative").

He's good at creating fun character dynamics and adventure stories, but the "gritty" feel of S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't really come through.

Feels like it is aimed at a much younger demographic.

Maybe I've been watching too much Game of Thrones confused.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2013 11:48 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kazenji

I was also expecting better from Whedon and Marvel studios tbh.

Compared to other shows like Smallville and Arrow it's not off to the best start.

But we honestly can't judge the show until there's been a season. Buffy's first few episodes also were not the best, but it got a lot better into it's second season.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2013 01:40 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kazenji

no, my expectations were never high for this.

I was expecting better from Whedon because of his previous success on tv.

I do hope the show improves with the direction of the characters as well as the storytelling

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2013 06:39 PM
wowbrow

My expectations were high. With all of the Marvel characters they have at their disposal, plus the budget they have, there is no reason why this is as terrible as it is. The acting is awful.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2013 02:52 PM
wowbrow is currently offline Click here to Send wowbrow a Private Message Find more posts by wowbrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote