KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Constantine on NBC, Gotham on Fox, and Arrow on CW

Constantine on NBC, Gotham on Fox, and Arrow on CW
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Constantine on NBC, Gotham on Fox, and Arrow on CW

Old Post Sep 27th, 2013 05:26 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Constantine will be really interesting, I think.
I'd watch it.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2013 12:18 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Paul Bettany would've been good for Constantine if he wasn't involved with the Marvel related stuff.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2013 01:04 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

not sold on Constantine yet until I see the cast

Gotham however I believe can work with good a cast and good storytelling

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 27th, 2013 06:19 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Constantine could be great on HBO.

On a channel limited by the rules and regulations of the FCC, and with (frankly) stupid viewers who would have excessive influence on producers and NBC execs...I give it half a season.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2013 07:02 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Wow, Arrow, The Flash, Constatine, Gotham (and is the WW series still in the pipeline?).. Well all the best to WB who seem to be going all out on the small screen.

I wonder if there could be crossovers between the series. Arrow facing off against Batman would be... Probably too much to hope for Lol

Old Post Sep 27th, 2013 09:26 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Wow, Arrow, The Flash, Constatine, Gotham (and is the WW series still in the pipeline?).. Well all the best to WB who seem to be going all out on the small screen.

I wonder if there could be crossovers between the series. Arrow facing off against Batman would be... Probably too much to hope for Lol

the last i heard regarding the WW tv series was that the CW still wants to do it, but want to have a better script..

Crissovers would be nice , as for Arrow facing off against Batman, that might happen in several years, the reason i say that is because the Gotham tv show will only deal with the GCPD and its officers and crime, Batman won't have anything to do with it,..... however i do think if Gotham is successful and on the air long enough then I can see them bringing in Batman

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 27th, 2013 10:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yeah most probably.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2013 10:47 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

If Constantine will just be another Americanized version of the character wandering around Los Angeles, I'm not interested.

And if any of these shows don't cross over - well, that's just further proof of DC falling behind Marvel, who's tying their whole universe together with Agents Of SHIELD.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 03:10 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Falling behind? DC has had a more successful presence on television for years now.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 04:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Constantine?

Awesome!!!

Seems like a perfect idea for TV.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 04:10 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
Falling behind? DC has had a more successful presence on television for years now.

Yep. They're well ahead on Tv. Smallville lasted 10 years and introduced loads of DC heroes. Arrow's one of my favorite shows. I've been hooked since the first episode, and we already know that's building up a shared universe next season with The Flash.

In fact going by the first episode of SHIELD, it doesn't seem in the same league as Arrow so far. Although it obviously has potential.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 04:19 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

I see the potential for agents to become its own thing and soon attract a rabid fanbase. The new characters are interesting and have LOADS of potential. I was surprised. I'd give it a while before reaching arrow in quality (really like that show too) but I liked how clearly defined all the characters were even in the pilot of agents. The kind of characters who become fan favorites down the road.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 09:43 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

WB/DC has had better cartoons and live action series. Looks like the future will be the same with 3/4 shows down the line. The producer for Constantine will be the same as the Mentalist, which is a critically acclaimed show.

Batman TAS
JL Unlimited
Superman
Teen Titans
Young Justice

and the list goes on.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 09:55 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Which do you think DC & Warners would prefer - their TV success (which is mostly animated) or Marvel's mega movie success? TV is still regarded as the smaller genre, compared to movies. Succeeding in movies is still considered more important and high profile.

And after all these decades of being under the umbrella of one media company - Warner Bros. - and only two years from now will we see two DC characters crossover on screen for the first time...yes, they are behind and playing catchup to Marvel.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 11:50 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

You were referring to TV, though, which WB has in spades. Yes, Disney is huge with Marvel, but WB still remains one of the most profitable studios in Hollywood and will probably keep on being #1 or 2, because of their startup shared universe.

This was never a race to begin with, but due to the Marvel's success, WB will have their own shared universe.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 12:03 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by roughrider
Which do you think DC & Warners would prefer - their TV success (which is mostly animated) or Marvel's mega movie success? TV is still regarded as the smaller genre, compared to movies. Succeeding in movies is still considered more important and high profile.

And after all these decades of being under the umbrella of one media company - Warner Bros. - and only two years from now will we see two DC characters crossover on screen for the first time...yes, they are behind and playing catchup to Marvel.

In movies, yes. Not in television. Movies might be a bigger genre, but there's still a distinction to be made.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 05:29 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Regardless of what the studios would prefer, TV Success keeps me happier, as there's a new 1hr episode to look forward to every week. Instead of having to wait a couple of years for the next 2hr movie.

TV is still a very profitable and important medium.

You seem to like constantly reminding people how ahead Marvel is overall. We all know that. But we should still wish both companies the best and be excited for what they both have planned.

Competition improves quality. And looking at say the quality of IM3, I really do believe Marvel could use some competition instead of just taking success for granted now.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Sep 29th, 2013 at 09:24 AM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 09:18 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Regardless of what the studios would prefer, TV Success keeps me happier, as there's a new 1hr episode to look forward to every week. Instead of having to wait a couple of years for the next 2hr movie.

TV is still a very profitable and important medium.

You seem to like constantly reminding people how ahead Marvel is overall. We all know that. But we should still wish both companies the best and be excited for what they both have planned.

Competition improves quality. And looking at say the quality of IM3, I really do believe Marvel could use some competition instead of just taking success for granted now.

Just remember how they cull budgets for weekly live action TV. When Smallville would get away from character driven stories and deal with actual superhero action - like Doomsday, and the JL - it looked crappy and low budget. Not want I want to see on a weekly basis.

And I only harp on this point because DC had the capacity to do a shared movie universe years - even decades ago - and squandered their ownership of that particular sandbox. Because even up to last year when The Dark Knight Rises came out, we were hearing internal debate about if making a shared universe is what they really wanted. Remember Christopher Nolan saying he wouldn't be part of a Justice League movie, and thinking such a movie would rob both Batman and Superman of their uniqueness? That's the same kind of thinking that's sidelined DC for the longest time - building up their big three so much, at the expense of the rest of their universe. Why else did they do a weekly series - 52 - that was all about the hero community in trouble by not having Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman for a full year? It's only because Marvel is forcing their hand, that they have no choice but to go ahead with a shared universe. Bats and Supes will just have to be important members of the community now, instead of these super icons.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2013 02:38 AM
Senor Cage

Just remember how they cull budgets for weekly live action TV. When Smallville would get away from character driven stories and deal with actual superhero action - like Doomsday, and the JL - it looked crappy and low budget. Not want I want to see on a weekly basis.

And I only harp on this point because DC had the capacity to do a shared movie universe years - even decades ago - and squandered their ownership of that particular sandbox. Because even up to last year when The Dark Knight Rises came out, we were hearing internal debate about if making a shared universe is what they really wanted. Remember Christopher Nolan saying he wouldn't be part of a Justice League movie, and thinking such a movie would rob both Batman and Superman of their uniqueness? That's the same kind of thinking that's sidelined DC for the longest time - building up their big three so much, at the expense of the rest of their universe. Why else did they do a weekly series - 52 - that was all about the hero community in trouble by not having Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman for a full year? It's only because Marvel is forcing their hand, that they have no choice but to go ahead with a shared universe. Bats and Supes will just have to be important members of the community now, instead of these super icons.

Just because you have a shared universe doesn't equate to being better. Remember, Marvel is making up for lost time, because for decades, WB was the only studio for the super hero genre.

There is no rush. WB is now going to capitalize on their own shared universe. Whether it be good or bad, time will tell.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2013 02:57 AM