KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Thor 3

Thor 3
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Thor 3

With news, comes thread. big grin

Phase 3 is under way. Craig Kyle & Christopher Yost are writing the third installment.

http://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/mar...-002556067.html

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 04:08 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I'm hoping for Surtur to be the main villain.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 05:11 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

This should be a Volstagg movie.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 05:22 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Badabing
This should be a Volstagg movie.

Personally, I'd like a Warriors Three and Lady Sif spinoff, but that would likely be more comedic and happen in the form of an Agents Of SHIELD episode or a Marvel One Shot short film.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 05:45 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by roughrider
Personally, I'd like a Warriors Three and Lady Sif spinoff, but that would likely be more comedic and happen in the form of an Agents Of SHIELD episode or a Marvel One Shot short film.
thumb up

Now I'm curious to what Thor 3 will be about.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 05:58 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Newjak
I'm hoping for Surtur to be the main villain.

Same, but it will probably be Loki... Again.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 06:07 PM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Surtur, Beta Ray Bill, Amora and Skurge

then save Ragnarok for Thor 4 big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 07:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Surtur, Beta Ray Bill, Amora and Skurge

then save Ragnarok for Thor 4 big grin

That sounds about right. Surtur would be the biggest single enemy in the Asgardian dimension. And it would help explain BRB's origin and purpose in the story, same way it happened in the comics.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 08:24 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Thor definitely outshines Superman on the big screen.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 08:26 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just take my money Marvel

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 08:42 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Badabing
thumb up

Now I'm curious to what Thor 3 will be about.

Same. I really liked Thor 2, and am looking forward to getting it at home to watch again.

Thor is probably my favourite Marvel movie series by this point, so fingers crossed they keep at it. Just worried about the writers, tbh. Kyle and Yost are guys I've never really trusted.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 09:01 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Wait. Phase 2 only had two movies in it.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 10:12 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Wait. Phase 2 only had two movies in it.

Phase 2 has Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Cap 2, The Avengers 2

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 10:18 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by roughrider
That sounds about right. Surtur would be the biggest single enemy in the Asgardian dimension. And it would help explain BRB's origin and purpose in the story, same way it happened in the comics.

definitely

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 10:19 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Firefly218

And Guardians of the Galaxy.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 10:39 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Asgardian Goddess of Death and ruler of Hel, Hela would thematically and dramatically be the logical choice for Thor’s next film adversary. With Thanos coming up, the nature of death in the Marvel Universe will soon be explored, and by extension the nature of death to the gods. What if Jane died? What lengths would Thor go to get her back? Enter Hela and a film that can center on Thor’s epic quest through Hel to retrieve his lady love. Not dramatic enough for you? Then keep in mind that Hela is Loki’s daughter, which creates an intense layer of familial intrigue. Hela can lead to the introduction of the Valkyries and the realm of Valhalla. Could Hela have played a part in the resurrection of Phil Coulson? Her introduction leads to just too many possibilities not to make Hela the leading candidate for the next Thor villain.

http://www.denofgeek.us/books-comic...e-in-the-movies

Cool choice for next Thor villain

Last edited by Firefly218 on Jan 30th, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 11:00 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

^That list missed Desak.

Whoever they go with, I would prefer it was foes with a mystic, mythological background. Absorbing Man and The Wrecking Crew are more like pumped-up Spider Man villains, and Zarkko was an attempt to give Thor a Lex Luthor-like adversary.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 01:55 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Firefly218
Ahhhhh, I see.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 03:09 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Smh at Quan....was not needed

Originally posted by -Pr-

Just worried about the writers, tbh. Kyle and Yost are guys I've never really trusted.

I thought they did quite well when they wrote the X-Force book

from the sounds of things they suck when it comes to animation.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 07:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I'm sure the inevitable rewrite by another writer (plus a punch up by Joss Whedon) will take place before the script gets filmed.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 04:02 PM