So days of future past got me scratching my head...**SPOILERS**
Okay first of all I'm not gonna put my posts in spoilers in this thread because this is for people who have seen the movie so would be able to answer these questions and so on so get out now if you haven't seen the film and don't read whats posted
Okay so here goes, I was slightly confused at the end, everything ended on a good note don't get me wrong but at the end Wolverines found by Mystique who is disguised as Stryker. So I got thinking does this mean Stryker put adamantium in wolverine or was it Mystique disguised as Stryker? I mean I am more inclined to say Stryker since in X2 he flat out says he was behind it all, but with what Mystique said when they found him it did kinda make me wonder. What the hell happened with Wolverines adamantium claws? In 'Wolverine' (which served as sort of a prequel to this film) his adamantium claws got cut off and he was using bone claws again yet future wolverine has adamantium claws, unless that's explained in wolverine 3 I don't know. They never explained how Charles looked old again and was in a wheel chair, he got turned to dust and took over someone elses body...so why doesn't he look like that guy? I know when they changed the future he went back to being him cause they probably approached Jeans "phoenix" temper tantrum a bit better but he was still looking like him before they changed everything. How does the 'Wolverine' movie tie into this? Because in the end credits scene he's approached by both Xavier and Mags saying there's a danger coming, next thing I know days of future past is set waaaaaaay after then and in the future which made no sense to me. Mystique was captured to make practically invincible sentinels yes? She gets caught in the 70's and they use her to make invincible sentinels, yet in X-men, X2 and X3 she's just fine walking around with Magneto, so did she escape or something? Because it kinda seemed like they'd need to kill her to get what they needed for the sentinels. I know some of these questions are down to continuity so can't be answered and I doubt anyone can explain how wolverine's magic adamantium claws came back but I just needed to ask these questions to see if I can get some answers, one things for sure is that events in X3 got undone. I did enjoy Days of future past and my questions are just questions not complaints. One last question though, how is that wolverine suddenly has these little bits of white in his hair to show he's aged...yet everyone else looks pretty much the same, like they haven't aged at all? I'm probably missing some questions that I had so may add them later but that's it for now
Days Of Future Past reset the chain of events for everything happening from 1973 onward.
- Him being fished out of the river by Mystique disguised as Stryker is a plot point they are teasing us with, to explore by the next film. Logan may be getting his adamantium claws in a much different way now.
- Xavier surviving X3 is explained by the last post credit scene. That brain dead patient Moira was looking after, Charles projected his consciousness into him. Why did Moira recognize him when he woke and spoke? - Because in what must be a nod to Cassandra Nova, that body was Charles' stillborn twin brother.
- A few years must have passed between the end of The Wolverine and Days Of Future Past, where Logan with bone claws reunites with Magneto and the reborn Xavier. Maybe they found a method with their combined resources to re-coat his claws in adamantium.
- Logan having a few grey hair at his temples was unnecessary. Just as it's looked unnecessary in other future X-Men stories like Old Man Logan, Wolverine: The End and Days Of Future Past (Here Comes Tomorrow thankfully skipped it.) He's been around for 130+ years looking nearly the same, and now he's suddenly gets grey in the next 10-20 years?
"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison
Re: So days of future past got me scratching my head...**SPOILERS**
First Class: ends
- Trask starts his Sentinel program. Mystique murders him and the government captures her and decides to continue the Sentinel program. Apparently Trask was wrong about needing all of Mystique's organs to make the Sentinels. I think with enough tissue samples it they could make the future Sentinels otherwise; otherwise, Mystique would be dead. So some how Mystique escapes or is rescued and rejoins Magneto's group.
At some point before 1&2 or after the Sentinels are introduced, but still not the future Sentinels. I think this comes later on.
X3: The Sentinels appear in the Danger Room as practice because at some point they have encountered them and so know of them.
The Wolverine: ends. Xavier and Magneto show up at to tell Logan the coming war. At this point, I think the government has advanced Sentinels and built enough of them to become a threat to mutant kind and that's why Xavier and Magneto came to Logan. From this point on, the years pass and lead into Days of Future Past where the mutants are losing as the future Sentinels are finally activated.
It's likely the future Sentinels were produced slowly at first like all the technology and eventually accelarated as they got better at mass producing the final forms. It would be akin to Iron Man's suits with different versions made and put into the field before they got to Mark X Sentinels.
Days of Future Past: Kitty sends Wolverine back who is meant to stop Trask from being killed and Mystique being captured. He manages to stop Trask's assassination but Mystique's dna is left behind and Trask somehow still manages to get his Sentinel program to continue which leads to future Sentinels timeline. So Logan hadn't changed anything yet when he saved Trask. He was still needed to be kept in the past as nothing changed in the future. As they kept him in the past, the events of DOFP plays out in the movie and Trask is made to look like a traitor while a mutant did indeed save the President.
New time line occurs due to days of future past:
Nixon calls off the Sentinel program, Trask is arrested, and this changes the timeline as the Sentinel program does not continue the way it did in the original time. Logan's mind comes back to the future (some how) and wakes up to a new future where the past changed enough that decisions and events changed where Jean, Cyclops, and Xavier are still alive.
The decisions made in Days of Future Past will likely lead to somebody ending up waking Apocalypse who leads into the Age of Apocalypse that further change the events of X-1, X-2, and X-3. Maybe young Xavier will seek out Logan and form the X-Men in AOA. This would explain why Wolverine wakes up in DOFP as a member of the X-Men again and how Jean/Cyclops knows him.
Last edited by WhiteWitchKing on May 29th, 2014 at 12:36 AM
I'd like to see where that Mystique fishing out Logan from the river will lead
Ohhhh I remember another question actually, when Charles had control of Magneto couldn't he have gotten wolverine out of the river? Seems like a bit of a dick move that Charles kinda just left him in the river
So I made this thread on my favorite forum about some questions I had on the latest X-Men movie. Well this user came on and said he could answer these questions, so I was like awesome! I said what might these answers be? You know what he said? They be about tree fiddy...
LLLLLLLLL it was around that time that I realized this member wasn't in fact a member at all but an 8 foot raptor with a snout and tail from the Jurassic era. I said 'DAMMIT RAPTOR I AIN'T GIVING YOU NO TREE FIDDY!!! GET OUT OF MY THREAD!!!'