KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » My take on Batman would be a horror movie

My take on Batman would be a horror movie
Started by: Enzeru

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Enzeru

My take on Batman would be a horror movie

We all have heard great things about the Nolan Batman movies and how realistic they were, but I simply can't agree with that. I didn't think that they were that realistic and I think that they were very cheesy for the most part.

If I had a chance to make a Batman movie it would be straight up a horror movie, portraying Batman in a way he should be portrayed in my opinion. Even in comic books.
You know how Batman always talks about striking fear into the hearts of criminals, but I don't think that he is capable of doing that anymore.
There are certain stories where Batman strikes you as a scary figure, but it simply doesn't happen all too often.

My Batman would basically never leave the shadows. He would be a real ninja, who would be insanely theatrical. He would scream at the thungs in order to scare the crap out of them, slice their legs with his batarangs in close range and dragging some of them into the darkness in front of other thugs just to make a scary point.

He would have a distorted voice, similar to Dark Knight, but it would be his regular, deeper voice overlayed with another voice to sound possessed / more demonic.

The police and even Gordon would be afraid of him and the media would call him a maniac, rather than a vigilante. Hell even Alfred would be scared of him, when he put his mask on, which would have some organic elements to it to look more scary.

And then, when the mask was off, he would be the regular playboy Bruce Wayne and you would instantly realize that the Bruce Wayne persona is just a fake mask, which he uses as disguise. You would see him sitting in the batcave, making investigations on when certain drug deals would happen and you would see him going to these places and sneaking around to figure out the area and set traps in order to deal with the gangsters better.

Too long-Didn't read:

MY BATMAN WOULD BE SO BADASS AND TRULY REALISTIC.
Also M-rated :-| I think that many fans would hate such a take on Batman, but I think it would be awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featu...XTGXFQkbA#t=487

This is how I imagine Batman to be. His opponents have to scream in fear, when he approaches them. They have to freeze, when he turns his head to them.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 08:20 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Browncoat

thumb up

I would love that take on Batman. Unfortunately, he's too popular to make R-rated and scary. The big suits care about money more than creative integrity.

Just curious, who would you cast?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 08:36 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
I would love that take on Batman. Unfortunately, he's too popular to make R-rated and scary. The big suits care about money more than creative integrity.

Just curious, who would you cast?

Yeah, we will probably never see a truly scary Batman.

And when it comes to the cast I would be looking for one attribute when it comes to my Batman. The actor would need a massive, massive chin.

That was something I disliked about Christian Bale. I like him as an actor, but he simply didn't have the chin for Batman:
http://www.knowblogs.net/wordpress/...ce-wayne-01.jpg

See that? His chin is almost not there.

I would like to see Dominic Purcell (from Prison Break) as Batman. He has a massive, impressive chin and he would be perfect for a threatening Batman.

http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/...0528-262573.jpg
http://images.buddytv.com/userquizi...bb63purcell.jpg

He would probably not be the best Bruce Wayne, since he might be a little bit too macho for that, but he could get the job done.

What's your opinion on the cast for a dark, threatening Batman?

(I personally really don't mind Ben Affleck. I don't like him as Bruce Wayne, since he won't be Bruce Wayne for me but Ben Affleck, but I do like him as Batman a lot)

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 09:21 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Browncoat

Most of the Batman action can be handled by professional stuntmen. So I think, when casting Batman, the priority is to find a good actor. Someone who:

1. Can play on the duality of Bruce Wayne. On the exterior he's a suave, billionaire, playboy. But really he's an emotionally damaged, broken semi-psychopath with a very dark darkside.

2. Can encapsulate the darkness of Batman and deliver the dialogue appropriately.

3. Has the appropriate physique. Can appear physically imposing and dangerous.

My first choice would be Josh Brolin

(please log in to view the image)

My second choice would be John Hamm

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 10:30 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote