KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » MCU Villain Tiers

MCU Villain Tiers
Started by: Ey3con

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ey3con

MCU Villain Tiers

I finally gathered the 'courage' to stop being a lurker and actually post on here. My friend and I were discussing the various villains of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and where they rank in terms of 'power' after watching GotG.

I came up with this. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers!

MCU Villains List

Iron Man - Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger, Raza
Hulk - Abomination, Thaddeus Ross
Iron Man 2 - Whiplash, Justin Hammer
Thor - Loki, Laufey, Destroyer
Captain America - Red Skull, Armin Zola
Avengers - Chitauri, Thanos
------------------------------------------
Iron Man 3 - Aldrich Killian, Trevor Slattery, Eric Savin, Ellen Brandt
Thor 2 - Malekith, Algrim/Kurse
Captain America 2 - Alexander Pierce, Winter Soldier, Brock Rumlow, Georges Batroc, Jack Collins
Guardians - Ronan, Nebula, Korath

Tier 1: Transcendants
1. Thanos

Tier 2: Artifact Power-Up
2. Ronan (with Orb)
3. Malekith (with Aether)
4. Laufey (with Casket of Ancient Winters)
5. Loki (Chitauri Scepter)

Tier 2: Nigh Indestructible
6. Kurse
7. Destroyer
8. Abomination
9. Aldrich Killian

Tier 3: "Gods"
10. Ronan
11. Laufey
12. Loki
13. Korath
14. Nebula
15. Malekith
16. Algrim

Tier 4: Mechanical Upgrade
17. Whiplash
18. Iron Monger

Tier 5: Superhuman/Enhanced
19. Winter Soldier
20. Red Skull
21. Eric Savin
22. Ellen Brandt

Tier 6: Canon Fodder
23. Chitauri

Tier 7: Human
24. Georges Batroc
25. Brock Rumlow
26. Raza
27. Jack Collins
28. Thaddeus Ross
29. Obadiah Stane
30. Alexander Pierce
31. Justin Hammer
32. Armin Zola
33. Trevor Slattery

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 11:39 PM
Ey3con is currently offline Click here to Send Ey3con a Private Message Find more posts by Ey3con Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

quote:
9. Aldrich Killian

he is too high.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 11:49 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Welcome to the forums.

Tbf we have no idea where alot of these guys are, but I'd wager Bucky could beat Whiplash.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 11:51 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ey3con

I noticed I left off Emil Blonsky. I figure he'd rank right below Red Skull.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Welcome to the forums.

Tbf we have no idea where alot of these guys are, but I'd wager Bucky could beat Whiplash.

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

That's very true, and it was pretty hard only trying to look at their movie versions and not let their comic book showings creep in.

Originally posted by Inhuman
he is too high.

Yeah Killian was one that I had a particular hard time placing, especially over a character like Ronan.

But not only was he able to fight off multiple Iron Man armors and regenerate, but his 'fire breath' also set him apart from the other Extremis villains.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:24 AM
Ey3con is currently offline Click here to Send Ey3con a Private Message Find more posts by Ey3con Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Ey3con

Yeah Killian was one that I had a particular hard time placing, especially over a character like Ronan.

But not only was he able to fight off multiple Iron Man armors and regenerate, but his 'fire breath' also set him apart from the other Extremis villains.

Well Ironman 3's portrayal of Ironman and his suits was horrible.

His suit would fall apart clumsily throughout the whole movie. Like if made out of aluminum legos.

Pretty laughable quality in suits compares to what had been shown in Marvels other movies. Especially the fight with Thor and getting shredded by the hellcarrier propellers, and other feats. Non of which made the suits fall apart like they did in Ironman 3.

Thats why I questions Killians power. He was pretty powerful but, I certainly wouldnt put him above Loki or Ronin.

Last edited by Inhuman on Aug 5th, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:46 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I'd also put Kurse above Loki, hell he could be in the top 3

He did better against Thor than anyone.

Also Batroc & Crossbones above the Skrull wannabes.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Last edited by pym-ftw on Aug 5th, 2014 at 02:44 AM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 02:42 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Well Ironman 3's portrayal of Ironman and his suits was horrible.

His suit would fall apart clumsily throughout the whole movie. Like if made out of aluminum legos.

Pretty laughable quality in suits compares to what had been shown in Marvels other movies. Especially the fight with Thor and getting shredded by the hellcarrier propellers, and other feats. Non of which made the suits fall apart like they did in Ironman 3.

Thats why I questions Killians power. He was pretty powerful but, I certainly wouldnt put him above Loki or Ronin.

If the extremis powered soldiers were as powerful as the one from the comics, then it's pretty in line with the comic that they tore apart the armors like tinfoil.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 03:44 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by pym-ftw

Also Batroc & Crossbones above the Skrull wannabes.

They're not suppose to be anyway.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 07:22 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by JayDaDon
If the extremis powered soldiers were as powerful as the one from the comics, then it's pretty in line with the comic that they tore apart the armors like tinfoil.

even in scenes where Ironman didn't fight anyone the suits were falling apart.
if he crashed into something for example the suit would fall to the floor in pieces.
that's horrible considering the kind of abuse the suits went through in all the previous movies and stayed intact besides scratches and dents.
And by that time in the CMU timeline ,the suits were suppose to be better and improved. Not shittier. The director/producer dropped the ball on that aspect.

i hated alot of things from that movie

Last edited by Inhuman on Aug 5th, 2014 at 07:36 AM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 07:33 AM
Ey3con

even in scenes where Ironman didn't fight anyone the suits were falling apart.
if he crashed into something for example the suit would fall to the floor in pieces.
that's horrible considering the kind of abuse the suits went through in all the previous movies and stayed intact besides scratches and dents.
And by that time in the CMU timeline ,the suits were suppose to be better and improved. Not shittier. The director/producer dropped the ball on that aspect.

i hated alot of things from that movie

I've gone back on forth on that too, especially since as you point out the suits theoretically should have improved over time.

Perhaps their frailty can be linked back Tony's experience in Avengers. In IM3 he was having panic attacks and he was clearly more restless than usual. His outlet was building several dozen Iron Man suits however, given his state of mind and rapid production the suits overall quality clearly suffered.

The whole thing just makes determining Aldrich Killian's rank that much harder, especially compared to Tier 3 Villains. This is fun!

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 06:19 PM
eaebiakuya

Ronan in 2 for sure IMO. He withstand a ship crash, a shoot from a super weapon in the chest (IMO the gem was not boosting his durability).

And lets remember Iroman Armors from IM3 were much weaker than armors from other movies.

And Thanos in trans ? He has NO feats. Just wait his feats to put him on list. Ronan was secure he could beat Thanos with the gem. Even Nebula tought he could.

Last edited by eaebiakuya on Aug 5th, 2014 at 07:21 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 07:19 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Its alot like the comics in that sense too. It seems that when the suits are remote controlled they're like fodder, but between super pepper and Stark just saying phuck it and blowing up all his suits (a scene NOBODY would want to see but they gave us anyway) the whole ending felt like a giant middle finger lol

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 07:20 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

whole ending felt like a giant middle finger lol [/B]

The whole movie.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 07:32 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Honestly, the big 3 are this:

1. Thanos
2. Malekith (with the Aether)
3. Ronan (with infinity stone)

Ronan would be above Malekith, but his hammer got destroyed by a weapon.....Mjolnir smashing Ronan's Universal weapon would destroy it too then, or Hulk smashing it etc, etc....

I feel that Ronan was more of a badass than Malekith by far though, so it's a shame...

Also, Kurse is perhaps the scariest of any of them as far as brute durability/strength go....

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 08:41 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ey3con

Pretty much JayDaDon and eaebiakuya. Although I did like IM3 more than IM2. erm

Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Ronan in 2 for sure IMO. He withstand a ship crash, a shoot from a super weapon in the chest (IMO the gem was not boosting his durability).

And lets remember Iroman Armors from IM3 were much weaker than armors from other movies.

And Thanos in trans ? He has NO feats. Just wait his feats to put him on list. Ronan was secure he could beat Thanos with the gem. Even Nebula tought he could.

That's a good point, whether or not the Orb boosted his durability. Why do you think it didn't? The Aether seemed to boost Malekith's durability, while the Tesseract didn't seem to boost anybody's.

You're right Thanos doesn't have on screen feets yet, so it is more conjecture than anything. We know he sent Loki and Ronan in pursuit of Infinity Stones, which would suggest he wasn't fearful of what they would do to him once they retrieved them.

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Honestly, the big 3 are this:

1. Thanos
2. Malekith (with the Aether)
3. Ronan (with infinity stone)

Ronan would be above Malekith, but his hammer got destroyed by a weapon.....Mjolnir smashing Ronan's Universal weapon would destroy it too then, or Hulk smashing it etc, etc....

I feel that Ronan was more of a badass than Malekith by far though, so it's a shame...

Also, Kurse is perhaps the scariest of any of them as far as brute durability/strength go....

I didn't think about that. You make a good point and maybe it should be taken into consideration how difficult it is to be separated from the artifact when determining who is most powerful.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 09:57 PM
One-Punch
B-Class Hero

Didn't Korath state Thanos was the most powerful being in the universe? And he also questioned Ronan's betrayal even when he had the gem.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 11:20 PM
One-Punch is currently offline Click here to Send One-Punch a Private Message Find more posts by One-Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

I think it is safe to say Thanos > Ronan without the gem...what makes him a solid top tier in MU.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 11:28 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Ey3con
Tier 1: Transcendants
1. Thanos

Tier 2: Artifact Power-Up
2. Ronan (with Orb)
3. Malekith (with Aether)
4. Laufey (with Casket of Ancient Winters)
5. Loki (Chitauri Scepter)

Tier 2: Nigh Indestructible
6. Kurse
7. Destroyer
8. Abomination
9. Aldrich Killian
i'd put kurse higher, tbh. mainly because he's so much more powerful than anyone else you've grouped him with, that it's almost laughable. destroyer and abomination were both sub-thor-level, while kurse was so much more powerful than thor, that he made him look like a pathetic feeb in comparison. not only were ALL of thor's attacks rendered completely ineffectual, but kurse utterly/effortlessly thrashed him physically--something not even hulk came close to doing during their extended melee. heck, the only force we saw harm kurse was a friggin' mini black hole.

anyhow, i'd definitely put kurse above loki /w/ scepter. heck, given heimdall's performance against loki /w/ casket(nearly powering through, and ultimately shattering out of, the ice), i might even put kurse above laufey /w/ casket. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 5th, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 11:41 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Galan007
i'd put kurse higher, tbh. mainly because he's so much more powerful than anyone else you've grouped him with, that it's almost laughable. destroyer and abomination were both sub-thor-level, while kurse was so much more powerful than thor, that he made him look like a pathetic feeb in comparison. not only were ALL of thor's attacks rendered completely ineffectual, but kurse utterly/effortlessly thrashed him physically--something not even hulk came close to doing during their extended melee. heck, the only force we saw harm kurse was a friggin' mini black hole.

anyhow, i'd definitely put kurse above loki /w/ scepter. heck, given heimdall's performance against loki /w/ casket(nearly powering through, and ultimately shattering out of, the ice), i might even put kurse above laufey /w/ casket. /shrug

thumb up

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 12:01 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Yah, Keep in Mind Thor was holding back during his fight with Hulk on the Hellicarrier...he was trying to reason with him and get him to stop fighting. Thor wasn't holding back against Kurse and got destroyed. Kurse >> Hulk or Thor (at least in the cinematic universe).

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 12:05 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote