KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Why don't Arrow & Flash take a part of the DC Cinematic Universe?

Why don't Arrow & Flash take a part of the DC Cinematic Universe?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: In a galaxy far far away!

Why don't Arrow & Flash take a part of the DC Cinematic Universe?

Apparently, it's now confirmed that the TV series Arrow & Flash are in their own separate continuity& don't take place in the DC cinematic Universe. But what I wonder is why??? I mean, it doesn't seem as if their planning to have any standalone films about Flash or Green Arrow, before the Justice League! It doesn't seem as if their building up to anything like they were with the MCU, so why not let Arrow & Flash take place in the DCCU? I mean, it wouldn't it make the Justice League film far better if we already knew their back-stories? I mean, you've got 2 great actors to play the characters & 2 TV shows completely devoted to giving them interesting back-stories etc. It just seems like such a waste of potential to not use this to their advantage. Don't you think? So why is it that they don't both take place in the same Universe? If I get 1 answer, don't let that stop you from voicing your opinion too. Because I'd like as many answers & opinions as possible!
Thank you!

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 10:38 AM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location:

It certainly seems like a hell of a waste...

2 shows that put nothing towards the movies.


__________________



Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 10:42 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
SSJKryptonian

Gender: Male
Location: House of KMC

The JLA film will have a flash and the director will want to have a free choice on the actor. The series would just limit the movie and the creative atmosphere.

I didn't see Arrow or Flash yet but how is the general mood? Is it compareable to Man of Steel?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 11:14 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Australia

This from a few months back

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/1...verses-separat/

Basically DC doesn't want to copy Marvel's way combining the two mediums.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 12:20 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Asgard

WB don't want to copy Marvel in anything anything except making their own Avengers movie with Justice League.

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with "copying." Marvel's started a popular trend, go with it. Sony's following it, Fox is following it, even Universal is doing a shared "Monsters" Universe.

DC actually did JL the same way in the comics (solo series first then combining them for JL) before Marvel did Avengers.

But whatever, will just have to wait until 2016/17 to see how their Cinematic Universe turns out.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 02:16 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
The JLA film will have a flash and the director will want to have a free choice on the actor. The series would just limit the movie and the creative atmosphere.

I didn't see Arrow or Flash yet but how is the general mood? Is it compareable to Man of Steel?


Tbh both shows are way better, judging from the look of the movies they would honestly just bring the TV shows down


__________________

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 06:50 PM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom


__________________

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 06:52 PM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Australia

^ Its not really not DC themselves, its more Warner Bro's.


__________________

Old Post Sep 5th, 2014 08:02 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Miramar, Florida

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
^ Its not really not DC themselves, its more Warner Bro's.


thumb up

Old Post Sep 6th, 2014 12:13 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Because DC & Warners are risk-averse cowards. They are apprehensive about anything that doesn't star Batman or Superman.


__________________

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 06:40 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Because DC & Warners are risk-averse cowards. They are apprehensive about anything that doesn't star Batman or Superman.


That's why they released a 10 movie slate, which had nothing to do with a Batman/Superman stand alone films. I would have thought the attitude of WB only does Batman/Superman films would go away, since Kevin took the CEO chair, but I guess not.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 06:55 PM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
That's why they released a 10 movie slate, which had nothing to do with a Batman/Superman stand alone films. I would have thought the attitude of WB only does Batman/Superman films would go away, since Kevin took the CEO chair, but I guess not.


DC & Warners have blown a lot of hot air for years about the movies they are 'going to make.' In the span of the past few months, Shazam mysteriously got pushed back to 2019 from 2016, despite Dwayne Johnson's verbal commitment. (And then there is the talk Shazam will be outside the DC cinematic universe...)

They don't have a great record of delivering on their grand pronouncements. When I see actors and directors signed and filming starts, then I will give them props.


__________________

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 07:08 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
DC & Warners have blown a lot of hot air for years about the movies they are 'going to make.' In the span of the past few months, Shazam mysteriously got pushed back to 2019 from 2016, despite Dwayne Johnson's verbal commitment. (And then there is the talk Shazam will be outside the DC cinematic universe...)

They don't have a great record of delivering on their grand pronouncements. When I see actors and directors signed and filming starts, then I will give them props.


True, but like I have stated many times, things are different. Especially with Kevin at the driving seat. Since he's come on board, we have gotten NUMEROUS TV shows that are NOT Batman and Superman. Which all have done extremely well so far. Certainly more versatile than what Marvel has done.

We're getting a SUICIDE SQUAD movie, directed by DAVID AYER, which is NOT Superman/Batman.

WB knows that they need to make better movies that are in the super hero genre.

When was the last time WB announced such a HUGE slate of movies? Never.

WB is all in.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 07:13 PM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Asgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Because DC & Warners are risk-averse cowards. They are apprehensive about anything that doesn't star Batman or Superman.


Yeah but to be fair by keeping it separate we're able to get a Flash tv series. Marvel can't give us an Iron Man or Thor or Captain America tv series because they insist on it all being a shared Universe with the movies. So there's obvious contractual issues and being restricted to the one actor preventing anything like that.

Even AOS suffers by not being able to have Nick Fury as a main character Imho.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 09:15 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Yeah but to be fair by keeping it separate we're able to get a Flash tv series. Marvel can't give us an Iron Man or Thor or Captain America tv series because they insist on it all being a shared Universe with the movies. So there's obvious contractual issues and being restricted to the one actor preventing anything like that.

Even AOS suffers by not being able to have Nick Fury as a main character Imho.


This also means there will be a TV version Flash, and a Movie version played by a different actor.

DC actually pioneered some of this shared universe stuff with the Bruce Timm supervised DC animated universe. But as soon as it's live action and hundreds of millions in budget money, they get apprehensive.


__________________

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 09:44 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Well, Geoff Johns recently said TV/Film are apart of a Multiverse in a sense.


__________________


Avatar/Sig by One_Angry_Scot!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 09:48 PM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Asgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
This also means there will be a TV version Flash, and a Movie version played by a different actor.

DC actually pioneered some of this shared universe stuff with the Bruce Timm supervised DC animated universe. But as soon as it's live action and hundreds of millions in budget money, they get apprehensive.


There's also going to be 2 actors playing Quicksilver. Big deal. But this way we get to have The frigging Flash every week. And still get to see him done with Movie budget special effects every few years. And like Goglo said, there's still the possibility of a Multi-Verse crossover.

Bruce Timm didn't cross over between different mediums. His shared universe was restricted to shared animated Tv series. WB are giving us a shared Live Action Tv Universe with Arrow/Flash. And a separate Shared Movie Universe.

Honestly I wanted Stephen Amell's Arrow to be part of the movie verse. Just check a couple of months ago I was properly arguing for that to happen. But I can see how crossing mediums like that could get messy now. And honestly I think the Shared Flash/Arrow Tv Verse is going to be all kinds of Awesome in and off itself.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:55 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
There's also going to be 2 actors playing Quicksilver. Big deal. But this way we get to have The frigging Flash every week. And still get to see him done with Movie budget special effects every few years. And like Goglo said, there's still the possibility of a Multi-Verse crossover.

Bruce Timm didn't cross over between different mediums. His shared universe was restricted to shared animated Tv series. WB are giving us a shared Live Action Tv Universe with Arrow/Flash. And a separate Shared Movie Universe.

Honestly I wanted Stephen Amell's Arrow to be part of the movie verse. Just check a couple of months ago I was properly arguing for that to happen. But I can see how crossing mediums like that could get messy now. And honestly I think the Shared Flash/Arrow Tv Verse is going to be all kinds of Awesome in and off itself.


Finally! There are advantages to both sides, but WB doesn't need to have the same setup as Marvel to be successful and to produce quality. Flash so far has been a hit from what I hear.

Don't follow TV other than animation.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 12:28 AM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
...

Gender: Male
Location: Ireland.

I prefer them not to be mixed, but that's me.


__________________

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 02:46 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
There's also going to be 2 actors playing Quicksilver. Big deal. But this way we get to have The frigging Flash every week.


2 actors playing him in separate movies (not a movie version and a TV version) just because of a quirk in the contract that states he and his sister has roots in both the X-Men and Avenger mythos; it's a rarity, instead of a conscious choice by the production company and the owners (DC/Warners.)

I've watched the Flash since it came on. Besides the fact they are really forcing a Spider Man mold on the whole thing (right down to a lead actor who looks more like Peter Parker and nothing like Barry Allen), they haven't been able to do anything as jaw dropping as what we saw Quicksilver do in Days Of Future Past. That's because TV is more budget limited. Getting the Flash every week might not be the same as getting Flash at his best. It's like saying those live action shows with Superman were better than getting a live action film every few years, where we get to see him doing something crazy amazing. I'd rather get a hero at his best every few years than something watered down.

It's also why I don't mind that Agents Of SHIELD isn't about superhuman guest stars every week, and instead gives us what's going on in the everyday life of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in between the movies. They are making the medium work for them the best way it can, broadening their corner of it while relating to the greater whole.


__________________

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 03:16 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 08:14 AM.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Why don't Arrow & Flash take a part of the DC Cinematic Universe?

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.