KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Guillermo del Toro’s Justice League Dark/Dark Universe

Guillermo del Toro’s Justice League Dark/Dark Universe
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Guillermo del Toro’s Justice League Dark/Dark Universe

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...io-hands-today/

Who would you cast in this movie? Constantine, Zatanna, Deadman, etc... This project, IF WB green lights it, has huge potential. Make it happen, WB!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2014 08:19 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Since Guillermo Del Toro is involved with it Ron Perlman has to be in it, I'd pick him for Swamp Thing.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 12:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Kinda doubt this movie will be green lit based on the lack of support the television version of Constantine has gotten.

In an effort to be less negative though, I think Ron Pearlman could make a fun Dr. Fate.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 03:05 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Kinda doubt this movie will be green lit based on the lack of support the television version of Constantine has gotten.

In an effort to be less negative though, I think Ron Pearlman could make a fun Dr. Fate.

Depending on the marketing, movies will target a larger audience. Plus, it's Del Toro. If anyone can do this type of film justice, it's him. This movie will feature more than just Constantine, anyway.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 07:03 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Still the released Flash & Constantine and flash pulls in way bigger numbers.

Not to mention Del Toro has directed 2 other horror hero movies and they didn't make money. Del Toro matches my Edgar Wright argument that just because a director has cult status doesn't guarentee a hit movie.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 02:25 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

keep down the budget and cast F actors/actresses big grin laughing embarrasment

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 06:50 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Del toro is notorious for demanding large budgets.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 10:29 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

just because a director has cult status doesn't guarentee a hit movie.

reminds me of "Nolan-ites"

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 10:44 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Tbf Nolan has hit movies on his resume.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 01:36 AM
Senor Cage

It's not like Guillermo del Toro doesn't have any hits. Pan's Labyrinth was a small hit and made a lot more than it's budget. He's been getting sequels to his movies (Hell Boy 2 and they supposedly are working on a Hellboy 3). Plus Pacific Rim is getting a sequel as well and that had a high budget.

If I'm going by my gut, I say WB green lights Dark Universe, since they are vastly growing their DC properties to the big screen. That is Kevin T's. main goal at WB.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 02:02 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Del toro is notorious for demanding large budgets.

i know and that is what worries me, Justice League Dark doesn;t have to cost a ton of money

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 04:30 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well he does tend to go more for the practical effects Hellboy 1 & 2 , Pan's Labyrinth for examples.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 05:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Good comicvine article on why it's the right time for a JLD movie.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/w...k-/1100-150522/

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 12:56 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

No offense Golgo but that article was dumb, it's basically blaming Nbc for the failures of a character who has 2 strikes now.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 05:06 AM
Senor Cage

Well, it makes some good points. This is the age of super hero movies and IF done right, something like Justice League Dark could pay off big. There are a lot of Fantasy fans out there and combing elements from both that and super hero could mean a win.

Guillermo is the right director for the job.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 05:12 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

He failed twice with hellboy and Pacific Rim would have failed if China & Japan didn't make it a hit. WB needs to make a good non big 2 movie before I'll give this any chance.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 07:26 AM
Senor Cage

He failed twice with hellboy and Pacific Rim would have failed if China & Japan didn't make it a hit. WB needs to make a good non big 2 movie before I'll give this any chance.

That's the beauty of OS market. And both Pacific Rim and Hellboy were GOOD movies. That's all I really care about, TBH. Box office is second, but ideally it would be good if both were successes, so we can get sequels.

If JLD were to come out TODAY with how popular super hero movies are today AND it's good, I will bet it will be a success box office wise.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 07:35 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

He failed twice with hellboy

Also doesn't help when the general audience didn't know who the character was and were expecting the next Superman or Batman movie

and lol at the first movie being a failure.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 07:35 AM
Senor Cage

Both Hellboy's weren't failures. They both made their money back and did extremely well on DVD.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 07:55 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

The general audience don't know the JLA not to mention the subsequent variations.

JLD could be great but without a pedigree it's not gonna make huge money.

Gotg had a huge marketing budget and Marvel's audience trust to aid them, WB would be in a dice roll situation with JLD.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 07:57 AM