KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » It's official - Fantastic Four joins the MCU

It's official - Fantastic Four joins the MCU
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

It's official - Fantastic Four joins the MCU

Yay! Fox finally wises up and cries uncle.

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/post/13...arvel-cinematic

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 11:55 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 12:25 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

According to that link, Marvel has denied them as well. sad

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 02:01 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

They'll probably both deny it until after the dvd for the Fantastic Flop is released; but you can bet your bottom dollar that Marvel isn't going to just give up anymore properties for Free. I wholeheartedly believe the "rumors" are true and Thank God for that.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 02:33 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
They'll probably both deny it until after the dvd for the Fantastic Flop is released;

Good point.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 06:27 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looks to be false

if/when it does happen I will be happy

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 06:36 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

The major discouraging point that hit me about this yesterday was the split between Perlmutter and Feige. This deal would be all Perlmutter and doing favors for Feige`s wheelhouse may not be the highest of priorities for him right now. The more I think about it this deal may not involve Marvel Studios whatsoever. That`s not to say they aren`t discussing things where the movies are concerned though.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 07:52 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I only wonder why there was any trade at all. Marvel Studios could wait Fox out and get the rights when they expire, unless they want the FF in the background for some future films like Infinity War. I guess Fox only had the screen rights to X-Men, and couldn't do any TV shows with them without Marvel's permission.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 17th, 2015 12:50 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

My major thing is if they get it now or soon they can still squeeze in the fantastic 4 and Doom, Galactus, heralds ect into the MCU for Infinity War.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2015 06:35 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by JayDaDon
My major thing is if they get it now or soon they can still squeeze in the fantastic 4 and Doom, Galactus, heralds ect into the MCU for Infinity War.

thumb up

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 17th, 2015 07:08 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider
I only wonder why there was any trade at all. Marvel Studios could wait Fox out and get the rights when they expire, unless they want the FF in the background for some future films like Infinity War. I guess Fox only had the screen rights to X-Men, and couldn't do any TV shows with them without Marvel's permission.

Perhaps because Marvel have no interest to use the X-Men Tv rights anytime soon, so are offering Fox a 5-10 year licence if they just give FF back right away.

Plus you never know, Fox might be stupid enough to try FF again in 7 years. Then even if that flops another 7 before it reverts back to Marvel. Marvel might not want to risk waiting 14 years to get FF back if there's an opportunity now with no real cost to them.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2015 10:13 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote