KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Professor Longbottom's Herbology Class

Professor Longbottom's Herbology Class
Started by: Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Professor Longbottom's Herbology Class

What is Herbology?

Herbology is the study of magical plants and fungi, including how to care for them and use their magical properties. Some magical plants for important ingredients in potions, other have magical effects of their own.

Your first assignment, class, is to post a picture of a plant, and a brief ((5 inches)) description of the plant.

((OOC - 5 inches means 5 lines in the message box.))

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 12:06 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

House Points will be awarded for exemplary work.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 12:07 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

((Please post your characters name at the bottom of the post))

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 12:13 PM
eezy45
Winter is coming

a real or an utopian plant?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 01:16 PM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

any plant! magical, mundane, imaginary or expedient! Don't forget to post your character's name and House

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 01:24 PM
eezy45
Winter is coming

<edit>

Attachment: diptam.jpg
This has been downloaded 93 time(s).

Last edited by eezy45 on Jan 6th, 2004 at 01:40 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 01:35 PM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE ROLE PLAYING FORUM AND GO TO PHOE'S HARRY POTTER GAME-SORTING HAT TO BE SORTED AND YOU MUST CREATE A CHARACTER IN THAT FORUM. THIS THREAD IS FOR THOSE PLAYERS! big grin

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 01:37 PM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

ok ok just a try wink

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 01:40 PM
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

you can go there and play...pm me for details so we don't burn up this thread on convo's

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 01:45 PM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tiger Eyes
MeoW?

Water Lily:
Water lily grow in murky water places. Ext: Pond, rivers. Come in a variety of color, most common is pink or white. Water Lily's leave float above the water,( lily pads). The plant is native to florida and prefers warm weather.Some prefers colder weather and are found in Canada. There are around 40 different kinds of water lilys. Another name for water lily is Nymphaea odorata.
~ Li DUmbledore..
( yah almost done my hw..)

Attachment: lily.jpg
This has been downloaded 88 time(s).

" I'm one mean kitty!"

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 12:52 AM
Tiger Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Tiger Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

{ Now I have a Char, and I'm in Gryffindor. So I will begin... laughing }
The Diptam:
The Diptam, also known as the Dictamnus Album.
It is called "burning bush" because the etherial oils are evaporating very fast so you can inflame them.
Diptam is found on muggy ground at sunny places of forests.
It grows up to 40 inches and gets purple flowers up to 2 inches.

Joshua Granger; Gryffindor.
(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by eezy45 on Jan 7th, 2004 at 10:06 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 10:02 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Five points to Li and Joshua! I will go and add it to the House Points now.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 11:46 AM
daeri

Mandrake root,
The mandrake root is like a 'living' plant, they go trough all the fases human's go trough.. when they are a baby they have to be potted in another (bigger) pot.. so they don't die.. when you do that you have to make sure your ears are covored because they scream real loud and a scream of a mandrake baby is deadly and that you don't hurt the plant.. the juice that a mandrake root produces is used for serveral potions.. they use it to make a potion to let people awake or something (chambre of secrets)

Virginia LePour Gryffindor fourth class..

Attachment: mandrake.jpg
This has been downloaded 75 time(s).

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 12:53 PM
daeri is currently offline Click here to Send daeri a Private Message Find more posts by daeri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red_Drake
Dragon lord

Dragon's Mouth
it's cientific name is Arethusa Bulbosa, this orchid is rare and very looked by gardeners and potion maker, unfortunately they can't survive is removed from theyr habitat, they are most used to cure burnt made by dragons, also can cure Dragons illnes, but since this rare plant rarely grows outside it's own habitat, the potions of this plant is quite expencive, also they say that it has other cure properties unknown yet and that it may be poisonous if not treated carefully.

Drake Faydark, Ravenclaw.

PS: I tried to post the img but it didn't work, so i'll post the site where i found it hope it does still counts http://www.newfs.org/traveling/dragon.htm

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:41 PM
Red_Drake is currently offline Click here to Send Red_Drake a Private Message Find more posts by Red_Drake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

[may we post more than 1 plant??]

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 03:14 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

((well, you'll only get house points for one. Don't worry, I'll post a new assignment for the weekend))

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 04:47 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

five points each for Miss LePour and Mister Faydark

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 04:49 PM
Candy
Jedi-Quietscheentchen

Hi =)
My Char is Kiara, she wrote something bout Unicorn Plant. I am sorry for my english...

Mr. Sniffy Birans found the Unicorn Plant in 1889. He found out that the jouce, you can win of the plant, has got a some of the healings of the blood of a unicorn. the unicorn plants are really rare, so no one wins the juice to this time...
the minitery of magic forbid the taking of this plants out of the natural living room. there only 10 exemplares of them in the whole britian, nearly 60 over the whole world. the plant loves dark, wet places to live, one is in our forbidden forest. i took a picture of it.

Unicorn Plant

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 06:42 PM
Candy is currently offline Click here to Send Candy a Private Message Find more posts by Candy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aesma
A Sweet Breath

A picture which seemed to have been cutout of an old newspaper was glued to a parchment the students usually use for writing. His hand writing is done very well, but it is spaced more than other students, perhaps because of his large hands.

This old tree is found in the middle of Hogwarts school ground. A very dangerous plant indeed, perhaps more than those gigantic versions of piranha plants found in the swamp lands. Anyways, it seems like most willow trees barely having leaves on it, but it seems to contain several objects, tennis rackets, a sock, and broken brooms. It seems to be only a few decades old, and looking through the yearbooks at the Library, it grew quite quickly, perhaps a magical capability similar to Jack's beans. It is quite dangerous to approach since anything close to it would be crushed, like flying vehicles and people. I wonder why it was placed there, my guess is, it is used to protect something. It would be a wonderful immobile guardian, if more were planted around Howarts, the school would be nearly like a fortress.

His signature seemed to have been darker than the rest, telltale signs that he used a different quill for writing it

Ocean Oliver

Last edited by Aesma on Jan 8th, 2004 at 12:17 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 12:12 AM
Aesma is currently offline Click here to Send Aesma a Private Message Find more posts by Aesma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

Jasmine walked into the classroom, this was her favorite class. She went and took her seat. Once sitting she reached inside her folder and took out a piece of parchment.

Mandrake (Mandragora)
The Mandrake root is a powerful restorative. It forms an essential part of most antidotes, including one for Petrification. The Mandrake Restorative Draft returns people who are transfigured or cursed to their original state. Mandrake seedlings are tufty little plants, purplish green in color, with what look like tiny babies growing where the roots would be. These creatures grow and develop over the course of several months until they mature and can be harvested and used for potions. The cry of the Mandrake is fatal to humans, so special care must be taken when growing them. Even as a baby, the Mandrake's howls can knock a person out for a couple of hours.
The Dugbog is particularly fond of eating Mandrakes (FB).

Jasmine Tonks, 7th year, Hufflepuff

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 08:33 AM