KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Professor Diande's Care of Magical Creatures Class

Professor Diande's Care of Magical Creatures Class
Started by: Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Professor Diande's Care of Magical Creatures Class

What is Care of Magical Creatures?

Care of Magical Creatures is the study of magical creatures and where to find them. Some may have magical properties, some you will learn how to care for, some you will learn how to defend yourself against them.

Your first assignment is to post a picture of a magical creature and a brief ((five inch)) description of them

((OOC - five inches = five lines))

House Points will be awarded for exemplary work.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 12:12 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

((Please post your characters name at the bottom of the post))

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 12:13 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tiger Eyes
MeoW?

Unicorns:
Unicorns mythical white beasts. Their blood is Silver and it is bad luck to kill a unicorn. They prefer the company of females. During the middle age it horn was taken from the beast and used in medical remidies...It is very difficult to catch adn or tame thm. They prefer to run wild. Here are some other names of unicorn is other languages:
K-i-lin( china) Monterus( grece) Licorne (French ), Unicornus (Latin ).
Li dumbledore!

" I'm one mean kitty!"

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:03 AM
Tiger Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Tiger Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tiger Eyes
MeoW?

here is my pic.

Attachment: unicorn.jpg
This has been downloaded 83 time(s).

" I'm one mean kitty!"

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:03 AM
Tiger Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Tiger Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schizo_n_me
Zoombini !!

*~^~^~Unicorns~^~^~*
By Jenny Smith

Unicorns are very magical creatures. The hairs from their tails/manes are often used in the center of wands. They appear to be normal horses at first glance, but they have a a twisting horn jutting out of the top of their heads. Its very evil to kill a unicorn, its said to jinx you. They bleed silver blood. When or if a unicorns blood touches your lips, you become like, a half soul, or a cursed soul or something. They are more comfortable around girls (probably because guys are insensitive). They usually live in groups.

Attachment: images.jpg
This has been downloaded 80 time(s).

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:51 AM
Schizo_n_me is currently offline Click here to Send Schizo_n_me a Private Message Find more posts by Schizo_n_me Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schizo_n_me
Zoombini !!

<<It was five lines...>>

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:52 AM
Schizo_n_me is currently offline Click here to Send Schizo_n_me a Private Message Find more posts by Schizo_n_me Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tiger Eyes
MeoW?

mine too so???

" I'm one mean kitty!"

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 03:37 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

which House is Jenny in please? she is owed five house points!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 11:52 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Li is awarded ten points for her extra work in finding out other names for Unicorns

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 11:52 AM
daeri

My assignment is about the Polo-fish.

A polofish gender is reconizeble at the talefins.. if their pink it's a girl and if their blue it's a boy.. Polo fishies are there in all kinds of sizes and colors.. the little light in the forehead gives shockings so the bigger fish stay away.. the polo-fish is a just descovered fish and wizard like to eat it.. sad but some wizard think it's pitiful because the fish is so sweet so they want the fish to be left alone.. the juice of a male polofish is also used in potions and stuff like that..

Virginia LePour fourthclass, Gryffindor

Attachment: polo2.jpg
This has been downloaded 66 time(s).

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 12:47 PM
daeri is currently offline Click here to Send daeri a Private Message Find more posts by daeri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red_Drake
Dragon lord

Western Dragons.
Phisiology:Thick, long bodied, scaly skin, four strong legs, two bat-like wings, wedge-shaped heads, and long necks. They usually are portrayed as breathing fire. Some breeds of these dragons have been known to be shape changers, and others have the chameleon power to change color of their background. They are sometimes displayed as having a spade or spiked tail. They eat but once a month on a sheep or ox, or even a human (myth says they prefer virgin maidens). They can be any color, or many colors, depending on the breed of the dragon.
Hist:When most people think "dragon" they most likely think of the Western dragon. Western dragons are usually portrayed as evil, mean, and bloodthirsty. They were also known to have huge hoards of gold and jewels hidden in their lairs. The most famous dragons are portrayed as Western-type dragons: St. George and the Dragon
, Beowulf and the Dragon, and Draco in the movie DragonHeart. Some stories have the western dragon as the Devil in Christianity. Other stories in legend say that eating a dragons' heart will give the consumer the power of understanding birds, eating the dragons' tongue enables the person to win any argument, and rubbing the dragons' blood on skin will protect against stab wounds. Another myth references Vlad Drakul to mean Son of the Dragon, or Devil. The end of the dragon came with Christianity, and knights that were eager to prove their faith. The knights quickly discovered that dragon-hunting was very profitable, and soon most the dragons in the world were destroyed in a very short time. Vikings had dragon figureheads on the prow of their ships. The dragons on the ships were believed to endow keen site and cunning to the Viking warriors. Today the Welsh flag still has a red dragon on a green/white background, and the red dragon is their national symbol.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:53 PM
Red_Drake is currently offline Click here to Send Red_Drake a Private Message Find more posts by Red_Drake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red_Drake
Dragon lord

Eastern Dragon
PHYSIOLOGY: These three species of dragons look very similar, but come from different parts of the world. They all have sinuous serpentine bodies, have four legs, they do not usually breath fire, usually shown not to have wings, but are illustrated to have them which is the Adult Imperial Dragon. The dragons are said to be made up of many different types of animals of the Earth: the body of a snake, scales of a carp (fish), head of a camel, horns of a giant stag (deer), the eyes of a hare (rabbit), ears like a bull, a neck like an inguana, belly of a frog, paws like a tigers, and claws like an eagle. Most of the time they are shown to have a lion-type mane around its neck, on its chin, and on each elbow. They have two antler-type horns decorating their wide-mouthed head, and two long "feeler" whiskers spreading out from their snout. Eastern dragons have 117 scales, 81 infused with yang, the good, and 36 infused with yin, the bad. This evens out the dragons temper and personality.

There are three families of Eastern dragons: 3 toed, 4 toed, and 5 toed. Three toed dragons are Japanese. Four toed dragons are Indonesian or Korean. Five toed dragons are Chinese. They are shown in the colors blue, black, white, red, or yellow. Oriental dragons are usually shown with a pearl in their mouth, under their chin, or in their claws. This is apparently where the dragon gets its power, and how it ascends to heaven. Roasted swallows are the Chinese dragon's favorite food.

HISTORY: In China dragons are known as Lung. There are four main kinds of Lung: Tien-lung , The Celestial Dragon: who protect the places of the Gods, Shen-Lung, The Spiritual Dragon: who control the wind and the rain, Ti-Lung , The Earth Dragon which control rivers, and water on the Earth, and Fut's-Lung , The Underworld Dragon which guards precious metals and gems. Separate dragons control the rivers of the North, South, East and West. The commander of all the River Dragons is Great Chien-Tang who is blood red, has a firey mane, and is 900 feet long.

Eastern dragons are portrayed as good, kind, and intelligent. Oriental Dragons have the most recorded history in the world, especially in China going back thousands of years. In history they have a very close link to the weather. It is said that some of the worst flooding in Asia's History were caused when a mortal has upset a dragon. In Chinese history, the 5 toed dragon is the symbol of power, and are considered "Imperial Dragons". Long ago, it became law in China that only the Emperor could have a five-clawed dragon displayed on his robes or illustrated on anything the Emperor owned. It was usually a Yellow dragon, thought to be the most superior of all the colored dragons. If someone other than the Emperor was caught wearing the symbol of the 5-toed dragon, he was put to death.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:54 PM
Red_Drake is currently offline Click here to Send Red_Drake a Private Message Find more posts by Red_Drake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red_Drake
Dragon lord

Faerie Dragon
PHYSIOLOGY: Very small dragons, being only 1'-5' long, any color, with large eyes, and large butterfly-type wings. These dragons are vegetarian as they only eat fruit, vegetables, nuts, and so on.

HISTORY: These are the rarest of all the dragon, as only a few have ever been reported. Some myths might come from some large butterflies that are around the world. It is said in legend that these dragons sometimes carry faeries from city to city. Since only a few have ever been seen, the history of these types of dragons are next to none.
Pics: http://www.draconian.com/artwork/clipart/clipart.htm

Drake Faydark, Ravenclaw
PS:Phew... it wasn't that dificult to find those information but to select then one by on was hard, hope i earn lot's of points on this ^^.

Last edited by Red_Drake on Jan 7th, 2004 at 01:59 PM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:56 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

five point to Virginia and FIFTEEN points to Drake for CoMC Homework.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 05:01 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Unicorns:
Unicorns mythical white beasts. Their blood is Silver and it is bad luck to kill a unicorn. They prefer the company of females. During the middle age it horn was taken from the beast and used in medical remidies...It is very difficult to catch adn or tame thm. They prefer to run wild. Here are some other names of unicorn is other languages:
K-i-lin( china) Monterus( grece) Licorne (French ), Unicornus (Latin ).
Dale Gryffindor

{If he is found to be cheating, which hopefully he won't, He will just say he was handing it in for Li. He 'found' it in the common room.}

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 05:15 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

(( laughing out loud Sorry, Dale, outta luck. Professor Diande is half-elven, therefore with no sense of humor!))

"This is unacceptable. I expect work to be handed in when I set it. FIVE POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR!"

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 05:19 PM
Schizo_n_me
Zoombini !!

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix
which House is Jenny in please? she is owed five house points!

<<oops. Gryffindor.>>

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 07:29 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

"I did hand it in when you set it..." Dale muttered as he walked out

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 07:31 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

Laura walked up to the front to hand in her assignment. she loved care of magical creatures, and hadn't minded doing the work. actually she enjoyed it and was anxiously anticipating th next class, so she could learn even more about the wonderful creatures, she loved. her favorite was the unicorn so she had written about it.

Laura Weasley
RAvenclaw
1st year

unicorns are very beautiful magical creatures. They are gold until they are 2 years old, and then they turn silver. Their horns are often used for potion making. Unicorns tend to like grils better than boys and are more likely to let girls near them. Unicron blood allows you to live forever, but you will live a cursed life, because it is a terrible sin to slay something so pure as a unicorn.

Pictue: http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/magi...800x600-025.jpg

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 10:13 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

(Chris Weasly, slytherin, 5th)
chris walked up to hand in his homework. unlike his sister, he hated care of magical creatures. he hadn't had time to do his homework, so insted he copyed DRakes. He'd heard about Dale getting caught copying, so he had reworded parts of the paper, to make it sound different. hopefully it would work. ( hopefully he wont get caught!!)

Dragons come from all over the world. They all have sinuous serpentine bodies, have four legs, they do not usually breath fire, usually shown not to have wings. dragons are made up of many other types of animalstheir body is like a snakes, ears are simmilare to a bulls and claws like eagles. dragons have around 117 scales of different types, used to even out their temper.

pic: http://www.draconian.com/artwork/clipart/clipart.htm

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 10:20 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote