KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Professor Corse du Mu Oulin's Muggle Studies Class

Professor Corse du Mu Oulin's Muggle Studies Class
Started by: Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Professor Corse du Mu Oulin's Muggle Studies Class

What is Muggle Studies?

Boring? Non! Easy? NON!

It is a merging of cultures, of minds, of worlds. It is the most wonderful subject you will ever learn!

Attention, etudiants, your first assignment is to give me four inches of parchment on the greatest of Muggle inventions - electricity!

((OOC - four inches = four lines. please post characters name if you wish to get house points. in case you haven't noticed, Professor Oulin is French!))

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 01:21 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tiger Eyes
MeoW?

DO WE HAVE TO DO THIS?

" I'm one mean kitty!"

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:04 AM
Tiger Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Tiger Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

If you want house points then YES

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 11:54 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daeri

Electricity is a weird muggle invention, it's made for light and things like that (like they can't use candles or something) they keep their houses warm and watch weird screens with tiny little people on them.. Electricity is given by weird strings and if you touch them you will get a shock.. this invention is invented by William Gilbert. The first machine that made electricity was explained by Otto van Guericke in 1672.

Virginia LePour Gryffindor fourth year

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 12:36 PM
daeri is currently offline Click here to Send daeri a Private Message Find more posts by daeri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red_Drake
Dragon lord

Because muggles cannot use magic, they make inventions such as electricity to easy theyr lives, they are used to turn on lights, radios, TV sets, computers and lots other things, they make electricity by using water, toxic stuffs and so on, by doing this they alter nature it self, and starts ruining the planet, they alter the course of rivers to build hydroeletric stuffs, the toxic waste they make they throw on the ocean, polluting it and ruining the echosistem of that place.

Drake Faydark, Ravenclaw.
PS:How do i know all that stuff? Though my parents are wizards, i spent my time in the muggles cities, so i got used to those stuff.

Last edited by Red_Drake on Jan 7th, 2004 at 02:26 PM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 02:20 PM
Red_Drake is currently offline Click here to Send Red_Drake a Private Message Find more posts by Red_Drake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

Electricity is an invention that the muggles use as substitude for magic.
They use it to quickly communicate to others (Radio, Television, Telephone),
to cook (done faster than making a fire for a muggle),
and have electric bulbs as replacement for oil lamps. Tey build big towers with "cables" to bring electricity to every town and village.
(I'm muggleborn...)
Joshua Granger, Gryffindor, 3rd year.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 03:09 PM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

3 points each to Virginia and Joshua, and 4 points to Drake for the extremely comprehensive answer!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 04:55 PM
Candy
Jedi-Quietscheentchen

~Kiara, Slytherin 6th year~

Okay, i tried it too laughing

Muggles are really interesting creatures, their non-magical and i often cant belive how they come out without magic. their big invention is electrity.
it's really interesting to study the electrity. They have batteries, connectors and connector sockets. they have for example lamps, which works if you put the connector into the connector socket. lamps are things like wands, which are bright laughing they work with electrity.
then there are pocket lamps, they're smarter and works with batteries.
electrity is a name for a power which can change the temperautr (heating apperatus), quickly communication (internet, televsions, telephone....) so they can talk to each other and not have to be at the same place (they dont know floo powder...)
there is electrity cooking, too. it's faster than cooking with a normal fire.

okay, i know, my english isnt very well and i had to look up something...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 06:32 PM
Candy is currently offline Click here to Send Candy a Private Message Find more posts by Candy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noxi
Aqualibrium

OOC
Karen a Syltherin 5th year
BIC
Electricity is a type of light tat muggles use in there homes and other buildings.They also use it at night with these long polls. They use electricty to cook there food, an example would be a microwave. They also can play with electricty by useing wut they call magnets. Also some muggles say if your wearing socks and u drag them across a rug then u create static electicity, which i dont get....

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 06:42 PM
Noxi is currently offline Click here to Send Noxi a Private Message Find more posts by Noxi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schizo_n_me
Zoombini !!

*<><>~~Electricity~~<><>*
By Jenny Smith
5th year, Gryffindor
Muggles or non-magic folk, are without the simple solutions of magic. This causes them to use science to find other means of simplifying daily tasks. One of these means is electricity.Electricity has many meanings. A power in nature, a manifestation of energy, exhibiting itself when in disturbed equilibrium or in activity by a circuit movement, the fact of direction in which involves polarity, or opposition of properties in opposite directions; also, by attraction for many substances, by a law involving attraction between surfaces of unlike polarity, and repulsion between those of like; by exhibiting accumulated polar tension when the circuit is broken; and by producing heat, light, concussion, and often chemical changes when the circuit passes between the poles or through any imperfectly conducting substance or space. It is generally brought into action by any disturbance of molecular equilibrium, whether from a chemical, physical, or mechanical, cause.
Intense, contagious emotional excitement. Or an electric current used or regarded as a source of power. Some types of electricity:

Statical electricity, called also

Frictional or Common, electricity, electricity in the condition of a stationary charge, in which the disturbance is produced by friction, as of glass, amber, etc., or by induction. (b)

Dynamical electricity, called also

Voltaic electricity, electricity in motion, or as a current produced by chemical decomposition, as by means of a voltaic battery, or by mechanical action, as by dynamo-electric machines. (c)

Thermoelectricity, in which the disturbing cause is heat (attended possibly with some chemical action). It is developed by uniting two pieces of unlike metals in a bar, and then heating the bar unequally. (d)

Atmospheric electricity, any condition of electrical disturbance in the atmosphere or clouds, due to some or all of the above mentioned causes. (e)

Magnetic electricity, electricity developed by the action of magnets. (f)

Positive electricity, the electricity that appears at the positive pole or anode of a battery, or that is produced by friction of glass; -- called also vitreous electricity. (g)

Negative electricity, the electricity that appears at the negative pole or cathode, or is produced by the friction of resinous substance; -- called also resinous electricity. (h)

Organic electricity, that which is developed in organic structures, either animal or vegetable, the phrase animal electricity being much more common.

2. The science which unfolds the phenomena and laws of electricity; electrical science.

3. Fig.: Electrifying energy or characteristic.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 08:31 PM
Schizo_n_me is currently offline Click here to Send Schizo_n_me a Private Message Find more posts by Schizo_n_me Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Well, muggles suck at everything, except hurting the planet. To do this better they invented electricity, which, although helping them live in comfort, forces them to destroy the environment. All over the world non-humans, like mermen and centaurs are preparing to rise up and kill all who use this. they will, of course, lose. Muggles also have guna, metal wands.

Dale, Gryffindor.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 09:02 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

Laura Weasley, Ravenclaw

Electricity helps muggles a lot. It is used to turn the lights on and off and can be used to make a room warmer or to cook food sometimes. Muggles need electricity to do a lot of things. It saves them a lot of work. They have been using electricity for a long time and would have a hard time with out it.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 10:03 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

Chris Weasley, slytherin

Electricity is extreamly important to the daily lives of muggles. They use it for nearly everything they do. It gives them light, warmth, entertainment, and protection. They would be very lost with out it. Each event of their day, most likely requires electricity in some way. It powers their cars and heat their stoves. It is essential in the survival of muggles.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 10:04 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noxi
Aqualibrium

quote:
Originally posted by Trickster
Well, muggles suck at everything, except hurting the planet.
Dale, Gryffindor.

LOL laughing out loud laughing

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 10:37 PM
Noxi is currently offline Click here to Send Noxi a Private Message Find more posts by Noxi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aesma
A Sweet Breath

Another curled parchment, just like the rest, though this one had really nothing wrong with it. Good penmanship. Well that's what he thought, his lovely new quill did define his letters more.

Electricity

This source of energy, which is but mere excited electrons moving through a certain medium, usually a wire of the metallic sort since their compact molecular structure easily enables them to conduct electricity. This invention was not really invented but just tapped from nature since lightning are natural forms of electricity with its electrons traveling across the skies. Perhaps this is one of the closest ways Muggles can use magic because they are merely changing one form of energy to another, like the kinetic energy used in dams create electricity. This is supported by Albert Einstein, a great muggle mind, who supports the law of conservation of energy with the equation energy equals mass times acceleration squared. It means that energy can never be destroyed, it just changes into something else. Electricity are used in various ways, and is now a very important part of Muggle society since it is used to run most of the large cities.

Ocean Oliver, Ravenclaw
PS its not a very shocking revelation : )

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 01:56 AM
Aesma is currently offline Click here to Send Aesma a Private Message Find more posts by Aesma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by Candy
~Kiara, Slytherin 6th year~

Okay, i tried it too laughing

Muggles are really interesting creatures, their non-magical and i often cant belive how they come out without magic. their big invention is electrity.
it's really interesting to study the electrity. They have batteries, connectors and connector sockets. they have for example lamps, which works if you put the connector into the connector socket. lamps are things like wands, which are bright laughing they work with electrity.
then there are pocket lamps, they're smarter and works with batteries.
electrity is a name for a power which can change the temperautr (heating apperatus), quickly communication (internet, televsions, telephone....) so they can talk to each other and not have to be at the same place (they dont know floo powder...)
there is electrity cooking, too. it's faster than cooking with a normal fire.

okay, i know, my english isnt very well and i had to look up something...

Five points to Kiara!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 02:09 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by Aqua
OOC
Karen a Syltherin 5th year
BIC
Electricity is a type of light tat muggles use in there homes and other buildings.They also use it at night with these long polls. They use electricty to cook there food, an example would be a microwave. They also can play with electricty by useing wut they call magnets. Also some muggles say if your wearing socks and u drag them across a rug then u create static electicity, which i dont get....

Three points to Karen!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 02:23 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by Schizo_n_me
*<><>~~Electricity~~<><>*
By Jenny Smith
5th year, Gryffindor
Muggles or non-magic folk, are without the simple solutions of magic. This causes them to use science to find other means of simplifying daily tasks. One of these means is electricity.Electricity has many meanings. A power in nature, a manifestation of energy, exhibiting itself when in disturbed equilibrium or in activity by a circuit movement, the fact of direction in which involves polarity, or opposition of properties in opposite directions; also, by attraction for many substances, by a law involving attraction between surfaces of unlike polarity, and repulsion between those of like; by exhibiting accumulated polar tension when the circuit is broken; and by producing heat, light, concussion, and often chemical changes when the circuit passes between the poles or through any imperfectly conducting substance or space. It is generally brought into action by any disturbance of molecular equilibrium, whether from a chemical, physical, or mechanical, cause.
Intense, contagious emotional excitement. Or an electric current used or regarded as a source of power. Some types of electricity:

Statical electricity, called also

Frictional or Common, electricity, electricity in the condition of a stationary charge, in which the disturbance is produced by friction, as of glass, amber, etc., or by induction. (b)

Dynamical electricity, called also

Voltaic electricity, electricity in motion, or as a current produced by chemical decomposition, as by means of a voltaic battery, or by mechanical action, as by dynamo-electric machines. (c)

Thermoelectricity, in which the disturbing cause is heat (attended possibly with some chemical action). It is developed by uniting two pieces of unlike metals in a bar, and then heating the bar unequally. (d)

Atmospheric electricity, any condition of electrical disturbance in the atmosphere or clouds, due to some or all of the above mentioned causes. (e)

Magnetic electricity, electricity developed by the action of magnets. (f)

Positive electricity, the electricity that appears at the positive pole or anode of a battery, or that is produced by friction of glass; -- called also vitreous electricity. (g)

Negative electricity, the electricity that appears at the negative pole or cathode, or is produced by the friction of resinous substance; -- called also resinous electricity. (h)

Organic electricity, that which is developed in organic structures, either animal or vegetable, the phrase animal electricity being much more common.

2. The science which unfolds the phenomena and laws of electricity; electrical science.

3. Fig.: Electrifying energy or characteristic.

A Massive seven points to Jenny!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 02:24 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by Trickster
Well, muggles suck at everything, except hurting the planet. To do this better they invented electricity, which, although helping them live in comfort, forces them to destroy the environment. All over the world non-humans, like mermen and centaurs are preparing to rise up and kill all who use this. they will, of course, lose. Muggles also have guna, metal wands.

Dale, Gryffindor.

Two points

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 02:25 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by pip-foot
Laura Weasley, Ravenclaw

Electricity helps muggles a lot. It is used to turn the lights on and off and can be used to make a room warmer or to cook food sometimes. Muggles need electricity to do a lot of things. It saves them a lot of work. They have been using electricity for a long time and would have a hard time with out it.

Two points

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 02:26 PM